SportsWrath

Official Draft Thread 2.0 beta.

BlueInCanada

This guy is a difference maker, franchise running back. I'm good with it. He has the physical running style, and he has the breakaway speed. I like it. I would love for the Giants to trade up in the 2nd, now that they have filled their biggest need.

Welcome David Wilson.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/profiles/david-wilson?id=2533035

Prospects Presented By

RB

David Wilson

Virginia Tech ACC

2533035.jpg

fb-like.png

share-button.png

Combine Results

Grade

85.0 ?

• 4.49 SEC

• 41.0 INCH
    Top Performer

• 132.0 INCH
    Top Performer

• 7.09 SEC

• 4.12 SEC
    Top Performer

• 11.59 SEC
    Top Performer

Blue Star = Combine Top Performer

• 5'10" Height
  • 30 1/4" Arm Length
  • 206LBS. Weight
  • 9 3/8" Hands

Overview

Wilson is an electrifying runner who opted to come out early after an incredible junior year in which he was named ACC Player of the Year. He truly runs with his own style, and it's obvious that he has a love for the game. He is a high-risk, high-reward player who loves to reverse field on the entire defense. He is a decorated track star who is a threat to the defense every time he touches the ball.

Analysis

Strengths

Wilson is extremely explosive and quick-twitched off the snap. He can quickly accelerate to top speed, and he makes the most of his small frame by lowering his pad level into hits. He is so explosive and generates such movement with his leg drive that he is capable of running over linebackers, but he prefers to use his agility to make guys miss in space. Wilson is just as electric working as a receiver out of the backfield or in the slot as he is as a ball carrier, and he could be used in a variety of alignments.

Weaknesses

Wilson relied heavily on his athletic ability in college and runs with a very unconventional style that could get him in trouble at the next level. He will allow his pad level to get high when changing directions downfield, and he will get caught off guard with that style in the NFL. He isn't content with a 3-yard gain and will reverse field in an attempt to make a play out of nothing, another habit that won't end well in most cases. He needs to be more patient to let the plays and blocks come to him, rather than try to make everything happen on his own each time he gets the ball.

I got no problem with the pick, we need an rb, he's the next best one out there and he's a change of pace back for Bradshaw. Secondly, there's a lot of good players left going into the 2nd. Sanu might be there late, Giants could move up in the 2nd.

I'm warming up to this pick.

He seems like a great guy and tremendous athlete. Plus the backflips!!!

I had Lamar Miller rated higher, but I think I was mistaken.

This kid needs to get rid of some bad habits though, and i think he will.

fast dude

and he can return kicks.... Now I am sure thats not why we drafted him but it could get him on the field more early in his career but it could also help him earn more time in the backfield

I'm mixed on it.

I like his speed, his elusiveness, and his vision, though he's had some fumble problems in his career.

But don't we already have two backs like that on the roster... that we got in late rounds?

Kinda seems like a wasted pick, but I didn't love the JPP or Nicks picks either and look how that ended up for us.

I'm mixed on it.

I like his speed, his elusiveness, and his vision, though he's had some fumble problems in his career.

But don't we already have two backs like that on the roster... that we got in late rounds?

Kinda seems like a wasted pick, but I didn't love the JPP or Nicks picks either and look how that ended up for us.

Brown has been busted for 'roids, he's in the dog house for the year.

Scott hasnt proven anything at all and who knows if the coaches even like the kid.

Bradshaw is going to be out some games next year.

Who else do we have to run the ball? Ware?

This kid is a replacement for Bradshaw in the next couple of seasons.

Guest StrahansGap

and he can return kicks.... Now I am sure thats not why we drafted him but it could get him on the field more early in his career but it could also help him earn more time in the backfield

Yessssirrr!!!

If we spent our 1st on nothing more than a kick returner....or even primarily on a kick returner...I'll be pissed.

He needs to run the fucking ball and not fumble it. That's his job and has been, ever since he put the RB next to his name. I didn't see David Wilson KR/PR anywhere.

If we spent our 1st on nothing more than a kick returner....or even primarily on a kick returner...I'll be pissed.

He needs to run the fucking ball and not fumble it. That's his job and has been, ever since he put the RB next to his name. I didn't see David Wilson KR/PR anywhere.

You earn your strips with coughlin by playing on ST.