SportsWrath

Brandon Jacobs released.

BlueInCanada

Brandon Jacobs says he's leaving on good terms: "I might be leaving, but my name will stay. The fans have been great for me. Everything has been good. A standup organization. I was very close with a lot of people in the organization. They’re all a bunch of great people. I just want to thank them for the opportunity that they’ve given me. But it’s time to move on. We tried, couldn’t reach an agreement. It’s been great, though. I can’t say anything negative about anybody in the organization."

https://twitter.com/#!/TheBlueScreen

Everyone is sharing their memories of Brandon Jacobs. I have a personal favorite that I'll share. After a preseason night game his rookie season, I was walking back to my car in the old Giants stadium parking lot. Suddenly I hear a booming voice call out to me from a big SUV. It turned out to be Jacobs, who scolded me for walking back to my car alone that late. He ended up trailing me in his car to make sure I got to my car safely.That, folks, is the Giants way. #goodman

https://twitter.com/#!/Patricia_Traina

I wonder how much Clark has left in the tank?

I wouldn't mind Brackett, he is a good fit schematically. He did battle injury's but reports are he is healthy. He is 31, but is a NJ guy, I think he would like to be a Giant. We either draft another LB or give Jones another more of a chance. It's looking like Blackburn is not coming back.

I wonder how much Clark has left in the tank?

I was thinkin of starting a thread on this. I saw that and wondered the same thing. Hes not that old, is he?

I would love to have a TE like Clark thru FA, then go OL/BPA in the draft.

I wouldn't mind Brackett, he is a good fit schematically. He did battle injury's but reports are he is healthy. He is 31, but is a NJ guy, I think he would like to be a Giant. We either draft another LB or give Jones another more of a chance. It's looking like Blackburn is not coming back.

we also have Goff and Sintim in the mix Boley ,Willimas Paysinger, Hezrlich ,DeOssie and Adrian Tracey as well.

I was thinkin of starting a thread on this. I saw that and wondered the same thing. Hes not that old, is he?

I would love to have a TE like Clark thru FA, then go OL/BPA in the draft.

Personaly ( and it doesnt matter what I think but) I would draft Fleener or Allen

Clark will be 33 and stats are falling off granted 1 year wihout Peyton( only played 11 games) and the year before he must of got injured(only played 6 games)

I liked Jacobs a lot. Restructured more than once for the good of the team...was a huge motivator and vocal leader. Seemed like an all around good guy. I wish him the best...right up until we play him...and I hope he breaks both legs in a horrific accident....only to be healed miraculously the following week.

I wish him the best, but he should have been better than he was. The fact he wasn't a factor in the superbowl showed that the team could work without him. The fact that he was a big personality never helped him because he never played up to the hype. Someone will snap him up quick because he's a specimen, but I can't fault the team here. The better rb is still here and he needs a complimentary back to support him now.

I think we all knew Jacobs would wear down by now

Back in the day that dude was a scary man to tackle.

Back in the day was like 5-6 years ago Osi. He's not that old. And he was scary to tackle once he got in the backfield. Fact is, he wasn't scary enough.

I just remember watching the guys on NFL Network a few weeks back when his name was brought up and seriously, eyes rolled as they talked about him. because they felt the same way, too much talk, not enough oomph.