SportsWrath

Brandon Jacobs released.

BlueInCanada

I wish him the best, but he should have been better than he was. The fact he wasn't a factor in the superbowl showed that the team could work without him. The fact that he was a big personality never helped him because he never played up to the hype. Someone will snap him up quick because he's a specimen, but I can't fault the team here. The better rb is still here and he needs a complimentary back to support him now.

Yah, this is a big "meh" from me. Goodbye to one of the most ineffective short yardage backs I've seen. Grew tired of watching him stumble over the line of scrimmage like two people were holding a piece of twine across the field to trip him. Tired of him getting stopped in the backfield on 3rd and 1 because he couldn't get his legs moving. Grew tired of watching him go nuts after a single good run after 10 runs of 2 yards.

Bradshaw is such a better running back. Now we need to get a rookie in the top half of the draft to groom.

This is called addition by subtraction. We will get someone to come in who will nearly immediately be better than Jacobs. Plus, we no longer have to pay him starter money to be a bad short yardage back.

I wish him the best, but he should have been better than he was. The fact he wasn't a factor in the superbowl showed that the team could work without him. The fact that he was a big personality never helped him because he never played up to the hype. Someone will snap him up quick because he's a specimen, but I can't fault the team here. The better rb is still here and he needs a complimentary back to support him now.

Personally, I think Bradshaw needs to become a complimentary back, the sooner, the better. He's got bad feet.

Personally, I think Bradshaw needs to become a complimentary back, the sooner, the better. He's got bad feet.

I agree, Bradshaw is not an every down back. Never has been, never will.

He has chronic feet and ankle issues, I love him as a 2nd RB. I want Lamar Miller from the U. He is a future stud.

What about that Scott kid we already have? Sure he had some rookie screw ups, but man that kid is fast.

Anyhow, Jacobs did go on the decline faster then I though he should as well. But man he sure did put together a nice highlight real. And like someone here already said, we will always have 4th and one in the super bowl. Great times. Thanks Jacobs.

I guess I am higher on David Wilson now for us.

I just watch his "highlights"... dude is cat like and Shifty

Do we not have that type of a runner in Scott?

i would like to see us get Robert Turbin out of Utah State........ I would compare him to Marshawn Lynch.

Pretty much inevitable. The economics just didn't add up, especially with the cap situation. Hope he has success elsewhere. Two rings and the Giants career rushing TD record isn't bad. Granted, he frustrated us at times but overall it was a very good career here.

I'm sorry to see Jacobs go, I personally think his decline was exacerbated by bad O-line play.

yes, agreed. in today's nfl, there's a couple of arian fosters and then there are, a bunch of "run and don't fumble" guys.

The only thing about that is other than early this year, the "bad O-line" play didn't seem to effect Bradshaw as much. Jacobs is still a good complimentary back. But he got paid like he was a starter and he's not one. But he did have GREAT games for us and was a huge contributor to the success of the team for a good 5 year period. I have no ill will towards him, but it is now time to move on. Thanks for the memories.

Yes, there were the mental breakdowns, some helmet throwing, some media intimidation, but overall he was a good Giant. Not a Great, but a good one. I hope we can get a more complete back out of the draft and not "just a guy".

Personaly ( and it doesnt matter what I think but) I would draft Fleener or Allen

Clark will be 33 and stats are falling off granted 1 year wihout Peyton( only played 11 games) and the year before he must of got injured(only played 6 games)

Oh damn....33? Yeah, Ill take a pass.

I read this morning the Giants are looking hard at TE John Carlson.

As for RB, I think we have a diamond in the rough with Scott, altough I still think we should draft RB in one of the later rounds.