SportsWrath

Peyton Manning

Lughead

He already has a house there you know.

I don't see where that would indicate anything... if I'm a multi-millionaire I'd probably own property in Miami too... doesn't mean I'd wanna work for the Dolphins or be there full time.

I don't see where that would indicate anything... if I'm a multi-millionaire I'd probably own property in Miami too... doesn't mean I'd wanna work for the Dolphins or be there full time.

thats what I was saying ..... He already has a house there. thats probably why the jet was landing in miami. I didnt say it landed on the 50 yard line of Joe Robbie Stadium?

thats what I was saying ..... He already has a house there. thats probably why the jet was landing in miami. I didnt say it landed on the 50 yard line of Joe Robbie Stadium?

My bad :)

To add a third team, if they could make the room, I could see Arizona making a play. But I would think the leader is Miami, followed by KC, with AZ third, and I think everyone else need not apply.

I thought about KC but they really haven't shown interest, they brought in Brian Daboll, who Matt Cassel is a good fit for. They are sticking with Cassel, at worst they will draft someone on day two like Brandon Weeden and maybe pick up a Brady Quinn.

Flynn is hard to place because there really is no tape on him, even at LSU he was a backup most of the time, behind JaMarcus. LSU won the national title the one year he was a starter, but that was a team led by d and he was injured when they won the SEC championship game.

Flynn is hard to place because there really is no tape on him, even at LSU he was a backup most of the time, behind JaMarcus. LSU won the national title the one year he was a starter, but that was a team led by d and he was injured when they won the SEC championship game.

Absolutely correct. Those two starts in GB were not the real Matt Flynn. He's a decent game manager but he's not a franchise savior. He'll take the money to be a starter but the rest of his career he'll bounce around as a backup.

Absolutely correct. Those two starts in GB were not the real Matt Flynn. He's a decent game manager but he's not a franchise savior. He'll take the money to be a starter but the rest of his career he'll bounce around as a backup.

He was a seven rounder for a reason, one game against a shit Lions secondary shouldn't get him has much as he will get. I am not sure though, if Philbin doesn't take him., it make other teams think twice about giving him a big deal and look at Kolb, the Cardinals already want to dump him after one year.

He doesn't really need great receivers. He made Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison better. Like Eli, he'd rather have guys that run their routes and catch the ball than "me-me" superstars.

Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison were both REALLY good in their own right. Sure, Peyton makes everyone around him better, but those two guys I believe could hold their own. You want to talk about Austin Collie, Pierre Garcon, Jacob Tamme, Anthony Gonzales, and so on...I'll agree. But not Harrison and Wayne.

If I'm San Francisco, and if I have the cap space...I'm going full bore for Manning, Wayne, and Mike Wallace.

Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison were both REALLY good in their own right. Sure, Peyton makes everyone around him better, but those two guys I believe could hold their own. You want to talk about Austin Collie, Pierre Garcon, Jacob Tamme, Anthony Gonzales, and so on...I'll agree. But not Harrison and Wayne.

If I'm San Francisco, and if I have the cap space...I'm going full bore for Manning, Wayne, and Mike Wallace.

They are very good with cap space and reportedly $23 million range under. Considering how close they came last year I think getting a good QB has to be a big discussion.

They are very good with cap space and reportedly $23 million range under. Considering how close they came last year I think getting a good QB has to be a big discussion.

Oh shit... SF was scary as is...

Yeah but everything that's being said out of the S.F. camp is that they are focused on resigning Alex Smith, and they still have an offer on the table. If they haven't pulled their offer at this point, I think it's telling. And if Smith isn't crazy, he should sign that offer before they change their mind, because then he's going to be screwed. Really, that coaching staff rehabbed his career and that is the best place for him to be. He goes elsewhere and struggles again, his career path is going to be identical to David Carr or Sage Rosenfels.

Yeah but everything that's being said out of the S.F. camp is that they are focused on resigning Alex Smith, and they still have an offer on the table. If they haven't pulled their offer at this point, I think it's telling. And if Smith isn't crazy, he should sign that offer before they change their mind, because then he's going to be screwed. Really, that coaching staff rehabbed his career and that is the best place for him to be. He goes elsewhere and struggles again, his career path is going to be identical to David Carr or Sage Rosenfels.

I'm not so sure that Alex Smith on his best day is really any better than David Carr. SF has serious potential, but they're crazy if they throw top QB money at Alex Smith just because he had one lucky ass David Garrard kind of season.

Well SF had to be prepared in case Peyton was traded or in case Peyton signs elsewhere. So yeah, they had to offer Alex Smith a deal. Smith might be playing his hand by NOT signing, figuring that if SF goes after Manning, does NOT get him, Smith then can turn the screws to SF to pay him far more. It could ultimately backfire and they DO get Manning, but then Smith could test FA and would undoubtedly get picked up SOMEWHERE.

I'm not so sure that Alex Smith on his best day is really any better than David Carr. SF has serious potential, but they're crazy if they throw top QB money at Alex Smith just because he had one lucky ass David Garrard kind of season.

Nah, dude, that guy played damn well and made some big time throws. That game he had against New Orleans was ridiculous. I think he needed Harbaugh more than Harbaugh needed him. But if he loses that stability and goes to another system that doesn't give him the tools to succeed like the 49ers did, then he is going struggle again and that will be it. If he stays in S.F. I think he will prove he was more than a 1 year wonder, though, and I don't think luck had much to do with it.

Nah, dude, that guy played damn well and made some big time throws. That game he had against New Orleans was ridiculous. I think he needed Harbaugh more than Harbaugh needed him. But if he loses that stability and goes to another system that doesn't give him the tools to succeed like the 49ers did, then he is going struggle again and that will be it. If he stays in S.F. I think he will prove he was more than a 1 year wonder, though, and I don't think luck had much to do with it.

The New Orleans game was pretty impressive, I'll give him that... but that was the only time all year... ever, really... that I felt like I was seeing a quality NFL starting QB in Alex Smith. As pathetic as he's been, all of a sudden he has a 5 INT season and he's a top guy now? No no no, I'm not buying it... he's an average QB on a damn good team, nothing more.

We're not entirely disagreeing though - Smith absolutely needs Harbaugh and the 49ers far more than the 49ers need him. Although I'd say he's not going to be a one-year wonder only because this one year wasn't all that wonderful.

The 49ers I think are bringing in Josh Johnson, he was recruited by Harbaugh at San Diego, and he is a California guy. I have the Niners selecting Fleener in the draft to reunite with Harbaugh, he liked to use Two TE sets at Stanford, Fleener and Davis could be deadly. Josh Johnson is someone no one really is talking about and could be a steal has a free agent QB. He is 6'3, with a strong arm and ran a 4.4 back at his combine.

I've seen a little of Josh here in Tampa. He's been around awhile and has started some games. He's never going to be a franchise QB, though. The dude is a career backup, can win you some games but will lose you some, too.

The 49ers I think are bringing in Josh Johnson, he was recruited by Harbaugh at San Diego, and he is a California guy. I have the Niners selecting Fleener in the draft to reunite with Harbaugh, he liked to use Two TE sets at Stanford, Fleener and Davis could be deadly. Josh Johnson is someone no one really is talking about and could be a steal has a free agent QB. He is 6'3, with a strong arm and ran a 4.4 back at his combine.

They have Delaney Walker. Don't see them taking a TE but if they know the Giants want him, they might. Keep it on the dl. They also drafted a QB high last year. Kapsomething.

They have Delaney Walker. Don't see them taking a TE but if they know the Giants want him, they might. Keep it on the dl. They also drafted a QB high last year. Kapsomething.

I completely forgot about Kaepernick from Nevada. I don't think he is ready yet, though. The plan is probably to keep Smith for one more year, or Maybe bring in Johnson for a one year audition, then move on with Kaepernick and Walker has been used in many different ways by Harbaugh,