SportsWrath

Peyton Manning

Lughead

I completely forgot about Kaepernick from Nevada. I don't think he is ready yet, though. The plan is probably to keep Smith for one more year, or Maybe bring in Johnson for a one year audition, then move on with Kaepernick and Walker has been used in many different ways by Harbaugh,

Smith wants a lot of dough, I hear.

Smith wants a lot of dough, I hear.

Yeah, that's what I heard, someone like Johnson would much cheaper. I have no idea where else Smith could go, most teams are gonna look at RG3 and Tannehill to solve their QB issues, there still could be plenty of times needing QB help though.

Yeah, that's what I heard, someone like Johnson would much cheaper. I have no idea where else Smith could go, most teams are gonna look at RG3 and Tannehill to solve their QB issues, there still could be plenty of times needing QB help though.

Teams needing game manager types like ravens or jets seem likely. Broncos maybe

Guest StrahansGap

He already has a house there you know.

Which is exactly why he's going to play for the dolphins.

After watching that emotional press conference, with 6 minutes of Irsay's 'um's and uh's' and the ever famous 'it was never about money', I am left wondering: Just what was it about? I know, people will say it was about Manning's health, his arm strength, his ability to still play. I get it. But the 28 million was looming overhead, you can't say it wasn't about money. Neither can Peyton. I'm no expert in this, but, if it really wasn't about money, and Irsay wanted Manning, and Manning wanted to stay in Indy, couldn't Manning have said "hey Jim, it's been a great 14 years, I'm healed/healing, and I can play. I got 26 million last year and couldn't even practice. I got paid for the whole season and did nothing but rehab. I'm good cash wise. I'll take vet minimum and mentor Andy. Whadda you say Jim"? You're telling me absolutely nothing could have been worked out to keep one of the greatest QB's of all time? Really? They're both up there on stage crying like some big bad person came along and said "no, no, no........the Colts can't have Peyton anymore". It wasn't Peyton, it wasn't Jim, it's "just the nature of the business". Please, gimme a break. It's about the money.

After watching that emotional press conference, with 6 minutes of Irsay's 'um's and uh's' and the ever famous 'it was never about money', I am left wondering: Just what was it about? I know, people will say it was about Manning's health, his arm strength, his ability to still play. I get it. But the 28 million was looming overhead, you can't say it wasn't about money. Neither can Peyton. I'm no expert in this, but, if it really wasn't about money, and Irsay wanted Manning, and Manning wanted to stay in Indy, couldn't Manning have said "hey Jim, it's been a great 14 years, I'm healed/healing, and I can play. I got 26 million last year and couldn't even practice. I got paid for the whole season and did nothing but rehab. I'm good cash wise. I'll take vet minimum and mentor Andy. Whadda you say Jim"? You're telling me absolutely nothing could have been worked out to keep one of the greatest QB's of all time? Really? They're both up there on stage crying like some big bad person came along and said "no, no, no........the Colts can't have Peyton anymore". It wasn't Peyton, it wasn't Jim, it's "just the nature of the business". Please, gimme a break. It's about the money.

I think that any of the teams that get Manning are going to be severely disappointed. He's too old to start over IMO. He's got the worst injury you could get for a football player in a neck injury. But what's lost in all of this is that, yes, The Colts were manning's team, but they were getting worse anyway even with him. Look at what happened today, the whole support staff is being let go. You know Jeff Saturday will be gone, Pierre Garcon is a free agent right?. Truth be told, they haven't done that spectacular in the draft in recent years. The team has a chance to get a blue chipper QB, they have to draft and they have to build around him. I just don't see how it can be any other way. hell they did it with Manning when he started out.

Getting back to manning, anywhere he goes, he's going to demand the entire offensive game plan revolves around him, he changes everything. And what these guys get in return is a qb coming to the end one bad hit from possibly retiring. He claims he's alright, but he's had 4 surgeries in one year!. He can't be. He can't go to a team with a suspect offensive line at all. and truth be told whatever team he goes to, better pick up Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark to play with him, because whereever he goes, Peyton's offense goes with him. I see the same here as with Montana when he went to KC. He tried to get them to play his way and it never quite worked out even though aside from him, Kansas City wasn't a bad team at all.

The only Team I see for Peyton that would be a perfect fit and also be an easy transition for him is miami.

They got the best LT in the game

A really versatile RB in reggie bush

A top WR in Marshall.

A legit slot guy in Devone Bess

And they would likely sign Reggie Wayne to join Peyton. Great fit for Wayne as well to be the #2 guy. And he's from "The U".

They need a TE, and another pass rusher and they can be dangerous with Manning.

I think he's going to play at a very high level and improve any team he goes to. I think he makes Miami a Super Bowl contender. If the neck holds up, he'll be just as dominant because of the big arm and the fact that Peyton's greatest attribute is his ability to read the defenses.

We will see.

How was Peyton injured in the first place? I kindda saw a highlight tackle against the Redskins... is it this play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nBxHse5s74&feature=related

It looks awfully nasty and I think the defender who went high was dirty.. for god's sake :angry:

the Gregg Williams roots run deep.

You know, I think Peyton would prefer to stay in the AFC but you have to like Arizona if you're Peyton Manning. He could still play in a dome, and he has Larry Fitz to throw to? Man, Peyton to Fitzgerald, that sounds awesome. You know Larry deserves it after suffering through the bad QB play he's had in his career, outside of the short time Warner was a Cardinal.

You know, I think Peyton would prefer to stay in the AFC but you have to like Arizona if you're Peyton Manning. He could still play in a dome, and he has Larry Fitz to throw to? Man, Peyton to Fitzgerald, that sounds awesome. You know Larry deserves it after suffering through the bad QB play he's had in his career, outside of the short time Warner was a Cardinal.

Yeah, the Manning/Fitz show would be fun to watch. I still think that for Arizona, Miami, or SF....that bringing in Manning/Wayne/Mike Wallace...would make any of those 3 clear favorites to run deep in the playoffs. A team like Miami or Arizona could leave Wayne off that list given Marshall and Fitz.

The only Team I see for Peyton that would be a perfect fit and also be an easy transition for him is miami.

A top WR in Marshall.

And they would likely sign Reggie Wayne to join Peyton. Great fit for Wayne as well to be the #2 guy. And he's from "The U".

LOL.......you just stated that there are four other teams that he would be a fit for....lol :rolleyes:

Its Denver or AZ guys. PERIOD. My bet would go on Denver. A real good defense, and even better Oline. The chance to work with Elway and the reigns to the team. Also, he would get to stay in the AFC, which is what he wants. The only downside to Denver is no dome. Hes goin to Denver IMO.

I actually think he has Miami higher on his radar than AZ. They also have a real good dominant WR, and they have a better run game than AZ. The main thing that hurts AZ is their shotty Oline.

DEN

MIA

AZ

I think thats the order he has them ranked.

Yeah, the Manning/Fitz show would be fun to watch. I still think that for Arizona, Miami, or SF....that bringing in Manning/Wayne/Mike Wallace...would make any of those 3 clear favorites to run deep in the playoffs. A team like Miami or Arizona could leave Wayne off that list given Marshall and Fitz.

Exactly. Which is what makes Denver the favorite. He wants to bring Reggie with him.

Wants to and Has to are two different things. Peyton hurts himself financially if he requires Wayne to come along. I think Manning is open to it, but I don't know that he'd make it a condition of his signing.

Yeah, I only said wants to. It wont be a condition of his signing, but he has a better chance of Reggie coming to Denver than anywhere else he's interested in.

Yeah, I only said wants to. It wont be a condition of his signing, but he has a better chance of Reggie coming to Denver than anywhere else he's interested in.

That, I'll agree with, but you could throw San Francisco in that mix too. But that said, I think Denver has clearly show more interest.

A top WR in Marshall.

Dallas Clark is a FA...just got cut.....bet he signs where ever Peyton does.

C. Wagon.

So it looks like my first choice that I thought Peyton would go to is off the table... It's being reported that Peyton has called the Dolphins and said that he will not sign with them. Looking more and more like he is going to be a Bronco, as he is scheduled to do a workout with them. Bronco officials are heading to Raleigh, where Peyton's been hiding out, per Albert Breer via Ralph V. tweet.

Make your bets for Broncos to win the Super Bowl title now, before he signs. That is going to be one hell of a team... and the AFC West is probably the worst division in football. His only competition really is the Chargers, and they just lost V-Jax, replaced him with Meachem, though. And they have holes in their defense.

Denver was coming up anyway led by Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil on that defense. Fantasy stocks going way, WAY UP.... Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker.

Rut...ruh. Smith may want to go ahead and just sign that contract.

Peyton Manning reportedly works out for 49ers' Harbaugh

A surprise suitor has entered the sweepstakes for four-time MVP Peyton Manning's services: the San Francisco 49ers.

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi confirmed an ESPN report that Manning was evaluated by 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh and offensive coordinator Greg Roman on Tuesday, though it was not reported exactly where the meeting took place. ESPN also reported that the 49ers had Manning undergo a medical examination on Wednesday.

Debate: Time for some action!

m_ryan_120315_65x90.jpg

We're only a few days into free agency, but which teams are dropping the ball early in the process? Our analysts debate.

Until Friday, it had been assumed that only four teams were seriously in the hunt for Manning, including the Denver Broncos, Tennessee Titans, Miami Dolphins and Arizona Cardinals.

ESPN reports that the Cardinals have been advised that they are no longer a consideration to become Manning's next team.

On Friday, Broncos officials, including John Elway, traveled to North Carolina, to watch Manning work out. Manning is also expected to work out for the Titans. On Wednesday, Manning met with Titans officials in Nashville for nearly seven hours.

Most recently, NFL Network's Michael Lombardi had reported that Manning's decision would come down to the Titans and Broncos.

Niners quarterback Alex Smith recently became a free agent, despite reportedly being close to signing a three-year deal to return to the team.

The 49ers are looking to upgrade their wide receivers during free agency, having already signed Randy Moss to a one-year deal. The team also hosted free-agent recievers Mario Manningham and Brandon Lloyd on Thursday.

Rut...ruh. Smith may want to go ahead and just sign that contract.

I stated before that if the 9ers want him and I don't see why not, they'd do it under a veil (sp) of secrecy just in case the deal falls thru. I don't see him playing for the Titans.. and def Miami and AZ are too hot a climate for the game of football... I see this easily going to Denver as my first choice... or the 9ers.. either team will be an instant SB favorite imo