SportsWrath

Forecast NFC Championship

Looks like rain.

Could definitely favor the Giants if both teams have to keep the ball on the ground.

How does that favor the Giants again? The 49ers were the best run defense team in the NFL this year, and we have had big struggles getting our run game going against even mediocre run defenses. Our strength, offensively, is Eli throwing to Nicks, Cruz, and Manningham. Their strength is running the ball, and Vernon Davis. I don't see how wet conditions would help us, quite the opposite, I'm thinking.

How does that favor the Giants again? The 49ers were the best run defense team in the NFL this year, and we have had big struggles getting our run game going against even mediocre run defenses. Our strength, offensively, is Eli throwing to Nicks, Cruz, and Manningham. Their strength is running the ball, and Vernon Davis. I don't see how wet conditions would help us, quite the opposite, I'm thinking.

I concur. Muddy conditions will be a negative for the Giants.

I concur. Muddy conditions will be a negative for the Giants.

I disagree in the sense that muddy conditinos favor offenses since defenses have to react... I don't think weather will favor one team over the other... the Giants will be geared to stop their run and they will do the same to us... my guess both teams will be successful doing so... leading a low scoring punt-filled game... and since our O is more potent than theirs I expect us to come on top 26 - 15.

You're right, the Giants are a quicker, more athletic team than the 49ers. A slow track plays right into San Francisco's hands.

Forget that....we have had struggles running against pass defenses. :football:

Guest StrahansGap

I really don't think it matters. It's an overblown topic in my opinion. These guys have been playing football their entire lives. Pop warner, high school, college.....they've all played through just about every weather condition imaginable. The best team will win Sunday.......period.

I really don't think it matters. It's an overblown topic in my opinion. These guys have been playing football their entire lives. Pop warner, high school, college.....they've all played through just about every weather condition imaginable. The best team will win Sunday.......period.

They say wind is the one element that can really change a game. I don't think they are predicting wind. so sloppy field, you're right.

Agree to a degree. But sometimes when you're in practice in one certain conditions. It can sometimes mess with the timing when theres a change and that's what I'm scare of. I can't remember one game that the giants played on crappy weather this season other than it being kinda cold.

Also candlestick is an old stadium with a crappy field. Just like the old Giants stadium.

The rain will def screw with the field. And the advantage will be the 9ers. They might know where the slippery spots are.

Frank Gore had 6.8 ypc Saturday, it definently favors the 49ers and they have Hunter who can get to the edge. Nowman and Willis will crowd the box more then they did against NO's since they had to account for Graham. It was weird Saturday though, even though Gore was putting up good numbers the niners were throwing it, even though it worked in the end, it is what allowed the Saints to get the ball back and take the lead. One guy put 180 receiving yards of their 299 passing yards, Crabtree was awful and Gore had 38 yards receiving. It was pretty much two players that got them that win. We can pressure with the front four though, unlike the Saints who rely on creative blitz packages. I want to see a fast track, a muddy favors them.

Last I checked BOTH teams will play on the same field...

Both teams wil be geared to stopping the run and both offenses will try to run it... if as expected, both teams stifle the run then expect the team who passes better and plays disciplined football to win... turnovers and special teams is what's going to come down to... and if we can strike quickly and force them to abandon the run, then I expect us to feast on their QB.

Update: Sunny today but....

• Tomorrow: Windy with showers. High around 55F. Winds SSE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
  • Tomorrow night: Rain. Low 49F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Rainfall near a half an inch.

Yeah, it's nice over there today because all the crappy weather is blowing in over here at 40+ miles per hour. I feel like the 4th little pig over here.