SportsWrath

ELIte Manning

BronxRik

Eat that, bitches. What more does it take for you to own up to the fact Eli is elite? How many more wins, how many more superbowls? How many more accolades from players and analysts? How many more have to 'eat crow' as Jimmy Johnson has, before you give Eli the credit he has earned?

Chickens.

That's something you can't say about a lot of QB's in the NFL. Eli has solidified himself in a class of QB's that only includes Brees, Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, and maybe Big Ben. That's where Eli is... Romo's and Vick's and Rivers'... all wannabes'.

Remember early in the year, when the NFL network did the top 100 NFL players? And Eli didn't even make the list... But D. McNabb and the QB for the Bucs (I can't even remember his name) did. How much of a joke is that?

Remember early in the year, when the NFL network did the top 100 NFL players? And Eli didn't even make the list... But D. McNabb and the QB for the Bucs (I can't even remember his name) did. How much of a joke is that?

Josh Freeman. Hilarious.

Oh, and someone picked up McButt as an analyst. NFL Network I think.

It's comical. He's beaten every "elite" QB except for Brees this season. In fact, the only elite QB he has never beaten in his career is his brother. He set a record for 4th Quarter touchdowns this year, and is simply the best 4th quarter QB in the game right now. He's increased every statistic except for the one that is supposed to go down. He's proven he can win whether or not the running game decides to show up. He's now won playoff games outside that "magical" season, both home and away, warm and cold weather. He has been consistent the entire season. He came close to breaking 5,000 yards for the season, and did all of this with an oline that has been unsteady, at best. He's proven that 2010's int rate was the outlier, and not his other seasons.

He's made Ballard look like Bavaro this season. Nicks, Cruz, and Manningham look like one of the most dangerous WR groups in the league, and he actually made Beckum look decent today. Hell, Hynoski actually is being made to look like a threat out of the backfield.

If it wasn't apparent to the myopic the last few seasons, it ought to be clear now. Manning is an elite QB. He was worth the trade, and I wouldn't trade him for anyone, even Rodgers. Rodgers is obviously elite as well, but I simply like who we have.

There is literally nothing more that this guy can or needs to do to prove himself. Just keep winning.

If it wasn't apparent to the myopic the last few seasons, it ought to be clear now. Manning is an elite QB. He was worth the trade, and I wouldn't trade him for anyone, even Rodgers. Rodgers is obviously elite as well, but I simply like who we have.

Something I found interesting about what pundits crucify Eli for is that Rodgers didn't seem very fired up when his WRs dropped passes. It is definitely a double standard when it comes to Eli and other QBs. Brees has had many high INT seasons that nobody mentions.

NFL Network had McNabb, with Fitzgerald, on and he actually wasn't bad. He also made fun of himself a few times.

It's comical. He's beaten every "elite" QB except for Brees this season. In fact, the only elite QB he has never beaten in his career is his brother. He set a record for 4th Quarter touchdowns this year, and is simply the best 4th quarter QB in the game right now. He's increased every statistic except for the one that is supposed to go down. He's proven he can win whether or not the running game decides to show up. He's now won playoff games outside that "magical" season, both home and away, warm and cold weather. He has been consistent the entire season. He came close to breaking 5,000 yards for the season, and did all of this with an oline that has been unsteady, at best. He's proven that 2010's int rate was the outlier, and not his other seasons.

He's made Ballard look like Bavaro this season. Nicks, Cruz, and Manningham look like one of the most dangerous WR groups in the league, and he actually made Beckum look decent today. Hell, Hynoski actually is being made to look like a threat out of the backfield.

There is literally nothing more that this guy can or needs to do to prove himself. Just keep winning.

I was thinking the same thing this morning......Brady (35), Bress, (34) P. Manning (36)....all on the back end of their careers....still great..but entering the end.....Eli just turned 31 and coming into the sweet spot of his career......of his peers....Rogers is very good..and 29....and Ben Roethlisberger 30......both great OBs with big upside...but trade for Eli....why? At best its a lateral move...and this year...not even that.

Romo.(32)...? Not in the conversation....Ryan...still has time...mid 20s....he's not there yet....same with Cutler.........I think if Flaco could get some receivers that could actually get open...he might be something.

Yeah, he is "elite"....can't see there is a conversation on it

If he puts together 5 more years like the last one...with a Super Bowl in there...we are going to be having a very legit conversation on HOF. But...he has a way to go yet career wise...Thank God.

C. Wagon

what's nice is that when he has the ball at the end of the game im not nervous at all. i'm 100% sure he's going to score. i was absolutely shocked when it didnt happen in the 9ers game.

and now im at the point where everytime he drops back i know we're getting a first down. it's a weird feeling having that kind of confidence in your qb

Eli gets better every time he puts a helmet on, he just flat out played Rodgers in GB. If this D can keep this up, Eli can beat anyone

Cheers on that Sentiment.. With Eli under center. We have a chance against eveyone and anyone.

You two guys just pretty much nailed it. And maybe that's the best definition for "elite". Not necessarily the best stats, but rather, the ability to outplay any opponent.

People that know a lot more about pro football than I do had the Packers as untouchable this season.....just like they had the Patriots untouchable in 2007. Brady was Superman in 2007, Rodgers in 2011. And yet here we are again.

what's nice is that when he has the ball at the end of the game im not nervous at all. i'm 100% sure he's going to score. i was absolutely shocked when it didnt happen in the 9ers game.

and now im at the point where everytime he drops back i know we're getting a first down. it's a weird feeling having that kind of confidence in your qb

I used to feel that way when Phil Simms had protection....when the ball left, I knew it was going to either be caught (or dropped). The same thing has developed with Manning this year.

Mechanically, he has just taken a huge step up this year....his ability to sense pressure and shift in the pocket to avoid it, his ability to throw on the run, and his accuracy have improved significantly this season.

I'm still scarred from the Dave Brown/Danny Kennel days... I love Eli.. I'm almost jealous of how he never complains... if that was me getting ramsacked by the GB defenders with late hits, I would have said something... In the press conference I was hoping to see a smirk.. none.. nada :angry: lol ... and like Herc said it's a weird feeling having this much confidence...

I'm still scarred from the Dave Brown/Danny Kennel days... I love Eli.. I'm almost jealous of how he never complains... if that was me getting ramsacked by the GB defenders with late hits, I would have said something... In the press conference I was hoping to see a smirk.. none.. nada :angry: lol ... and like Herc said it's a weird feeling having this much confidence...

Hoping for a completion involving Joe Piscarcik and Gary Shirk, that's scarring...still haven't completly forgiven the Maras for that shit.

Honestly, I've had more doubts about the defense than the offense since 2005. If we were in it in the 4th Quarter, I've been pretty certain we'd win. The only major exception to that was 2009.

I find it funny that the same guys that have questioned how Eli matches up against the league's best over the years are the same guys that think the Jets should actually stick with Mark Sanchez who has consistently put up Rookie Eli numbers over several seasons.

most analysts i see interviewed, most players, coaches all deem eli as elite.

who else who's opinion matters doesn't view him that way?

I think the fact that it is even debated among analysts is what sparks the conversations on this board about it....

haha, i think the same thing. I would be bitching so much about some of those hits....shit you see other QBs point to their helmet and bullshit like that when they get hit (and often persuade the penalty to be called for it)...it shows Manning's character that he doesn't, though.

haha, i think the same thing. I would be bitching so much about some of those hits....shit you see other QBs point to their helmet and bullshit like that when they get hit (and often persuade the penalty to be called for it)...it shows Manning's character that he doesn't, though.

As goofy as he looks when he gets hit.. it seems manning is so in rythem he hardly feels pressure... lol