SportsWrath

Who goes?

Sephiroth

I'm thinking these are the guys that are definitely gone:

DJ Ware

Jacobs

Osi

McKenzie

Canty (assuming we can recoup some of his contract; he fucking sucks and was never worth 49 million, but if we have to eat too much money we'll be stuck with him again)

Ross

Every linebacker not named Kiwanuka or Boley

Hynoski

Pascoe

The entire coaching staff

These guys will be on the team but will no longer be starters:

Ballard

Diehl

Blackburn

Either Rolle or Phillps (or maybe one gets cut)

Prince Amukamara is on a one-year notice. Jesus, he looks bad... and I mean BAD. Though I'm willing to bet Fewell could make Spider Lockhart look bad too.

DJ Ware

Jacobs

Osi

McKenzie

Canty (assuming we can recoup some of his contract; he fucking sucks and was never worth 49 million, but if we have to eat too much money we'll be stuck with him again)

Ross

Hynoski

Pascoe

Ballard

Diehl

Blackburn

Prince Amukamara is on a one-year notice. Jesus, he looks bad... and I mean BAD. Though I'm willing to bet Fewell could make Spider Lockhart look bad too.

The only one I disagree with is Prince....he is a rookie who came in hurt...got hurt worse...and had no preseason being thrown out there to play the NFL's version of String Theory...Fewell's Charmin Soft Tampa 2 Zone. So I will give him a definite pass for any mistakes he makes this season. At CB everyone sees your mistakes and they are usually catastrophic.

Agree on Prince. A rookie missing camp and half a year playing the most athletically demanding position on the field. If he played well, THAT would be the aberation. Rolle can go though. 99 out of 100 huh? Lets start small. Make an open field tackle on 3rd and 17.

prince looks bad? imagine that.

b4 the season did i not mention

prince

fewell

oline

cb

and lb as specific weaknesses?

i believe i was ridiculed by most

r u sure youre gint fans?

i feel like i know this team better than most here

No you didn't say anything before the season.. I only remember seeing you for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

Let's not go crazy here... my list so far is very short because this team needs leadership (coaching and players) than anything..

The must-go list imo is:

Fewel

Rolle

Canty (would save a boat load the cap... at least that's what I'm thinking)

Ross

Baas (a bust on the field.. can't stay on it anyway... too bad he has migraines those can be a bitch to deal with)

I'm sure there's more.. but I only thought of the ones I'm really really sure they must go.

prince looks bad? imagine that.

b4 the season did i not mention

prince

fewell

oline

cb

and lb as specific weaknesses?

i believe i was ridiculed by most

r u sure youre gint fans?

i feel like i know this team better than most here

That's a great point. You know, you'd be easier to remember if you didn't only show up the two times a year when the Cowboys are over .500.

DJ Ware

Jacobs

Osi

McKenzie

Ross

Hynoski

Pascoe

Ballard

Diehl

Blackburn

Ware OR Jacobs....doubt both will go given Bradshaw's health concerns. I'd also like to see us get a homerun hitter at the RB position. None of the RBs on our roster are breaking a 50 yarder unless there's a miraculous parting on the field that allows them to do so. I'd love a guy who opponents would fear. I really don't see that in Bradshaw/Jacobs/Ware.

Osi - has what, 1 year left on his deal? If he's a FA, he's not signing back with us anyway. If he only has 1 year left, I doubt he's tradable. So I imagine he'd be back, assuming he has that 1 year left.

Canty/Ross - I'd be fine with them going, but I can't comment on the cap hit we'd take for cutting them. With Ross-he's not great, but I don't believe he's the worst 3rd CB in the league either.

LBers - you have to give most of them a pass given they were rookies. Greg Jones, Paysinger, and the other guy whose name I can never remember...Johnathan Goff returning with a full season/offseason under their belts - these guys should improve.

TE and FB both definitely need to be addressed.

But before all these moves get made, I fully believe that Coughlin and Fewell have to go. Gilbride improved as the year went on. But these other two...there simply no motivation being poured into these guys. Yes, they're professionals and should on some level be self motivated...but it's also a coach's job to have them amped up and ready to play. There's a factor besides just having the x's and o's nailed down. There's a responsibility to instill a bravado or a chemistry or a uniting them so that the team comes out ready to fire on all cylinders. But at the end of the day, the Giants have NEVER had that killer instinct. Never. I'd love to be the team, just once, to not only be able to, but be willing to, run the score up on our opponents. I guess I'm looking for us to be able to dictate to an opponent what they're doing as opposed to coming out and going back and forth. Grow a set of balls and say we're running the flippin' ball and then go out there and do it. Force them into certain coverages. Force them into different offensive packages. But too often, it's either a back and forth mediocre soft bullshit version of what it should be.

That's a great point. You know, you'd be easier to remember if you didn't only show up the two times a year when the Cowboys are over .500.

i was here preseason predicting a cowboys sb, and predicting the fall of the giants this season. my next post came when u were surging and we were losing. my next post came as the tide was turning. to quote the greatest american comedian "strategery"

The only one I disagree with is Prince....he is a rookie who came in hurt...got hurt worse...and had no preseason being thrown out there to play the NFL's version of String Theory...Fewell's Charmin Soft Tampa 2 Zone. So I will give him a definite pass for any mistakes he makes this season. At CB everyone sees your mistakes and they are usually catastrophic.

This. Also, remember when everyone wanted to cut Webster. Give the kid a chance. His first snap in the NFL resulted in a pick, which is the same number of picks Rolle has had all season as a starter.

But to be honest I still don't think you can fairly evaluate any of our DBs while they're playing in Fewell's WTF scheme.

DJ Ware

Jacobs

Osi

McKenzie

Ross

Hynoski

Pascoe

Ballard

Diehl

Blackburn

looks good

The reality of this is TC and Killdrive will be back. Fewell will be gone IMO.

If you look at some aspects of the team you have to ask yourself how deep does nepotism run in the Giants organization and how does this affect their decision making process on the possibility of changing the coaching staff and GM.?

If you look closely at it I think most here will start to question it.

Oh, I totally forgot... Manningham has to go too. That pick in the end zone was all him. He's dumb as a post.

I'm not a fan of Manningham right now either, but that ball was a pick as soon as it left Eli's hand, no matter if Mario ran the correct route or not. As soon as the play started the DB ran straight to the corner knowing where the ball would be, as did every single person watching. Manningham would not have been able to get position. It's a miracle Eli wasn't picked on the same throw last week, any one of the FOUR times he went for it.

DJ Ware

Jacobs

Osi

McKenzie

Ross

Hynoski

Pascoe

Ballard

Diehl

Blackburn

I'm in general agreement.

I also think Tuck needs to go. Sorry, but too banged up, too often, and his comments bring everyone down.

Of course, I could see the Giants swinging a trade, and suddenly, he's healthy for the full season and returns to All-Pro form.

As far as Ross is concerned, I'm okay with him as a #3....but he's got to play under a more physical scheme. All our CBs were drafted for their abilities playing press, and Reese has squandered that.

Shit...this reads like a hand of poker when the dealer says "how many cards"...and the dude goes "I'll take four".

The Giants are never as good as we think when they win and never as bad as we think when they lose.

its an issue of mental toughness. ....and needing to win...not wanting to win....but needing too.

They don't want it bad enough.

C. Wagon

I'm in general agreement.

I also think Tuck needs to go. Sorry, but too banged up, too often, and his comments bring everyone down.

Of course, I could see the Giants swinging a trade, and suddenly, he's healthy for the full season and returns to All-Pro form.

As far as Ross is concerned, I'm okay with him as a #3....but he's got to play under a more physical scheme. All our CBs were drafted for their abilities playing press, and Reese has squandered that.

See, this is one of the things I don't get when it comes to Tuck. We have FOUR staring calibur DE's on the roster, and the idea was "well, you can never have too many pass rushers." So one is hurt all year, and instead of letting him rest, we start him so that he never feels better, "rotate" the other two (of which one gets hurt of course... Jerry Palmieri is part of the problem), and put one out of position at linebacker. Hell, we stick JPP at nose tackle when the other two guys are healthy where he makes exactly ZERO plays so that Osi can rush ten yards upfield and Tuck can limp two yards in the same direction.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather have two starting DEs, a solid backup, and a real, playmaking linebacker. I just don't get it... why have backups upon backups if you're just going to start a guy who's hurt anyway an play the others out of position?

................we go 7-9 and there is a huge cleanout like Seph says including HC , OC , DC

................we go 9-7 and TC , Killdrive are definately staying

it remains in the balance depending on results ( just like in 06 when TC saved his skin by beating the Skins in week 17 when Tiki ran for 200+yards )

Fewell MUST GO anyway .......his D are a fucking disgrace. This franchise with all its proud history of great D deserves better !

................we go 7-9 and there is a huge cleanout like Seph says including HC , OC , DC

................we go 9-7 and TC , Killdrive are definately staying

it remains in the balance depending on results ( just like in 06 when TC saved his skin by beating the Skins in week 17 when Tiki ran for 200+yards )

Fewell MUST GO anyway .......his D are a fucking disgrace. This franchise with all its proud history of great D deserves better !

How many games do we have to sit through and watch Fewell give up 400+ yards and or 30+ points until Mara sees this defense sucks ass. Unless there is pressure on the QB every play the DB's get used.