SportsWrath

Which Giants team shows up on Sunday night?

Sephiroth

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which team shows up on Sunday night?

• Dr. Jekyll - Eli throws for 400 yards and 3 TDs, Romo is sacked 4 times, Giants force 2 turnovers and rout the Cowboys
    • Mr. Hyde - Giants roll over and play dead, Romo has a career day, Eli throws 2 picks, Giants D is gashed for over 400 yards

No option C?

"C- Play shitty for three quarters but in the fourth Eli leads a last second comeback for the W"

or option D

"D- Giants play a good all around game for four quarters but the Offense or Defense shits the bed in the final four minutes to lose the game"

No option C?

"C- Play shitty for three quarters but in the fourth Eli leads a last second comeback for the W"

or option D

"D- Giants play a good all around game for four quarters but the Offense or Defense shits the bed in the final four minutes to lose the game"

Probably one of these two options.

Probably one of these two options.

I love this question.

There is ONE (1) Giants team in 2011. That team beats average to below average teams and loses to playoff contenders and sometimes to teams like Seattle. At home.

Blame injuries. The defense. The coach. Or the refs if you will. But that's what the 2011 Giants are.

And this game is not about what the Giants are. We know that already. It's about what the Cowboys are:

Do the Cowboys have the killer instinct and ability to limit their mental mistakes and put away a mediocre team that has enough weapons to make you pay for your mistakes?

Honestly, and I'm not saying this as a Cowboys fan or to rile anyone up, but honestly, this is not 2007 and the 2011 version of the Giants would probably get eaten up by that team.

And, at this moment, I'm not saying the Cowboys are winning any Superbowls either. But, keeping it real, that's what this game is about.

There are tow types of Giants teams this season... and let's ignore the wins or losses because this is the NFL not MLB:

1. We have a team that beat NE, took SF to the wire, was robbed from a W vs the undefeated Packers... :flex:

2. The team that lost to the skins, seahawks. :facepalm:

I expect BOTH (Cowboys and Giants) teams to show up on Sunday night... and hopefully we come out with a W.

There are two Giants' Defensive Coordinators this season, the Perry Fewell that respects opponents' QB's (Brady, Rodgers, Vick), and the Perry Fewell that doesn't respect the opponent's QB (Matt Moore, Vince Young, Whitehurst/Jackson).

Fewell probably respects Romo's ability so hopefully he'll have a more aggressive game plan against them than the ones he had against some of the less-heralded QB's this season. For that reason, and the fact that Eli is a better QB than Romo, I think the Giants have the edge in this game, but it's close, because the Cowboys are much healthier than the Giants right now.

This will be the first time that the Giants have had to face DeMarco Murray as well. He is a player to be very concerned about. They have to play him much the same way as they did against LeSean McCoy a couple of weeks ago, he was pretty much shut down except for a long run right at the end of the game. They are going to have to devote that extra guy in the box and send Kiwi crashing in after the running back.

We also need Boley to play this week. I'm concerned about this football game, but I think Eli can hurt the Dallas secondary badly.

There are tow types of Giants teams this season... and let's ignore the wins or losses because this is the NFL not MLB:

1. We have a team that beat NE, took SF to the wire, was robbed from a W vs the undefeated Packers... :flex:

I expect BOTH (Cowboys and Giants) teams to show up on Sunday night... and hopefully we come out with a W.

Sorry, but the Giants have not been robbed of anything this season.

They have had the opportunity to play the 3 best teams in the NFC and they (1) fell short in a winnable game, which speaks more to the Giants' flaws then SF's strengths; (2) were embarassed on Monday night; and (3) gave up 38 points, including a pick 6.

I have not looked at the so-called controversial call, because even if it was a bad call, Superbowl teams don't give up pick 6s, 38 points, and complain about offciating. Especially, given the season they have had. That, my friend, is pathetic.

I stand by what I said: We know what the 2011 Giants are.

There are two Giants' Defensive Coordinators this season, the Perry Fewell that respects opponents' QB's (Brady, Rodgers, Vick), and the Perry Fewell that doesn't respect the opponent's QB (Matt Moore, Vince Young, Whitehurst/Jackson).

Fewell probably respects Romo's ability so hopefully he'll have a more aggressive game plan against them than the ones he had against some of the less-heralded QB's this season. For that reason, and the fact that Eli is a better QB than Romo, I think the Giants have the edge in this game, but it's close, because the Cowboys are much healthier than the Giants right now.

This will be the first time that the Giants have had to face DeMarco Murray as well. He is a player to be very concerned about. They have to play him much the same way as they did against LeSean McCoy a couple of weeks ago, he was pretty much shut down except for a long run right at the end of the game. They are going to have to devote that extra guy in the box and send Kiwi crashing in after the running back.

We also need Boley to play this week. I'm concerned about this football game, but I think Eli can hurt the Dallas secondary badly.

I agree with much of what you say and think it can go eitherway. They are evenly matched and evenly flawed.

I disagree in that I would give the Cowboys the slight edge. But I'm bias. But I feel this way based on some of the things you point out: I think Demarco Murray will give the Cowboys a slightly better run game and I think the Dallas defense will make one or two more plays or stops then the Giants defense.

I don't expect either QB to lose the game for their team. I think they both play well.

DeMarco Murray has been a flash in the pan.....hes had two 35 yd games now in just 5 starts. ( you were very foolish to let Marion Barber walk.)

Murray will not run on us.....if your going to win you are not going to do it on the ground

Don't be fooled by our annual run/run stop stats..........lately both have been upgraded considerably.

DeMarco Murray has been a flash in the pan.....hes had two 35 yd games now in just 5 starts. ( you were very foolish to let Marion Barber walk.)

Murray will not run on us.....if your going to win you are not going to do it on the ground

Don't be fooled by our annual run/run stop stats..........lately both have been upgraded considerably.

if they have been upgraded on the statistical side, the dog would guess it is because brees and rodgers were too busy throwing for excessive yardage and scores...

the dog could argue the following relative to your points:

1. NE is the only team with a winning record that they have beaten, and as you say, it is the NFL...

2. Taking SF to the wire and losing doesn't impress anyone, especially when you factor in the reverse: Needing to come back in the end and edge the following teams: Philly, Arizona, Buffalo, Miami (all losing teams)

3. The dog won't go down the "we were robbed" rhetoric any further...it is just plain false thinking...

4. The team lost to the skins and seahawks (the dog won't argue your point there)

5. The teams one lone win where a second half comeback was not needed was against the lowly Rams at home, and that wasn't exactly a pretty win.

6. The team was destroyed by NO, and physically abused by the eagles...

That being said, Sunday's game is up for grabs. Both teams have demonstrated weaknesses that can't be hidden.

I think the "real" Giants show up.

By that, I mean we will understand what sort of team this really is. After 12 games - some great, some truly awful - the Giants have run out of time, and out of excuses.

So, if the team comes out and beats Dallas, the Giants are a legitimate player contender.

And if they lose, any talk about "coming out flat" will be just an excuse to hide the truth - that the Giants team simply doesn't deserve to be called a good team.

I think the "real" Giants show up.

By that, I mean we will understand what sort of team this really is. After 12 games - some great, some truly awful - the Giants have run out of time, and out of excuses.

So, if the team comes out and beats Dallas, the Giants are a legitimate player contender.

And if they lose, any talk about "coming out flat" will be just an excuse to hide the truth - that the Giants team simply doesn't deserve to be called a good team.

yes , well put sir , intelligent post and very true. No more time for perhaps ,if and maybe ...this is it , one way or the other.

I love this question.

There is ONE (1) Giants team in 2011. That team beats average to below average teams and loses to playoff contenders and sometimes to teams like Seattle. At home.

Blame injuries. The defense. The coach. Or the refs if you will. But that's what the 2011 Giants are.

Washington, St Louis, Seattle, Buffalo and Miami are playoff teams?

Philly was not a loss to a bad team?

Sounds like a pretty good description of the Cowboys as well.

What we will see Sunday is 2 pretty average teams fighting it out for 1st place in a week division.

Washington, St Louis, Seattle, Buffalo and Miami are playoff teams?

Philly was not a loss to a bad team?

Sounds like a pretty good description of the Cowboys as well.

What we will see Sunday is 2 pretty average teams fighting it out for 1st place in a week division.

I'm not arguing with this. I think if the Cowboys want to be considered something more than an average team, they need to win at least 3 out of the last 4, starting with a win against a team fighting for their lives Sunday night.

As far as I'm concerned, the Giants had their chance to proves themselves and already and failed. SF. NO. GB. And to some extent, Philly at home. A game you have to win.

I'm not saying its impossible for the Giants to go on a run, but they have to do more than win Sunday night to convince me of anything. Right now, the measuring stick is SF, NO, GB. Not Dallas.

I'm not arguing with this. I think if the Cowboys want to be considered something more than an average team, they need to win at least 3 out of the last 4, starting with a win against a team fighting for their lives Sunday night.

As far as I'm concerned, the Giants had their chance to proves themselves and already and failed. SF. NO. GB. And to some extent, Philly at home. A game you have to win.

I'm not saying its impossible for the Giants to go on a run, but they have to do more than win Sunday night to convince me of anything. Right now, the measuring stick is SF, NO, GB. Not Dallas.

I love how you leave out us beating NE in Gillette.

-Z

Okay. Sorry. They beat NE. And, by all means, hang onto that NE victory in Gillette when your sitting home with NE in Jan. :o

That really isn't the point...the point is you leaving out facts which transpired that are relevant to the point you're trying to make...

-Z

That really isn't the point...the point is you leaving out facts which transpired that are relevant to the point you're trying to make...

-Z

The dog is not sure what the "point" is in either case, but since NE is the only team to date that has a winning record that the giants have beaten, then by all means keep pulling it out. Come back wins against losing teams in every other win doesn't make for a very intriguing resume. They are very fortunate that they play in that mediocre division where anything can happen.