SportsWrath

Which Giants team shows up on Sunday night?

Sephiroth

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which team shows up on Sunday night?

• Dr. Jekyll - Eli throws for 400 yards and 3 TDs, Romo is sacked 4 times, Giants force 2 turnovers and rout the Cowboys
    • Mr. Hyde - Giants roll over and play dead, Romo has a career day, Eli throws 2 picks, Giants D is gashed for over 400 yards

The dog is not sure what the "point" is in either case, but since NE is the only team to date that has a winning record that the giants have beaten, then by all means keep pulling it out. Come back wins against losing teams in every other win doesn't make for a very intriguing resume. They are very fortunate that they play in that mediocre division where anything can happen.

NE being the only team with a winning record that they have beaten is definitely a fair point.

But surely you realize how disingenuous it is to break down their wins and discredit them by pointing out that many of them have been very close games against bad teams, games that they almost lost, and then say that loses cannot be broken down and analyzed, a loss is a loss, and ignore the fact that some of their losses have been against excellent teams and were games they damn near almost won. I'm just saying it goes both ways. If you're gonna discredit wins by looking at the exact circumstances, than it's only fair that circumstances be looked at in losses and well. And when you do that you see that yes, the Giants have been in very ugly games with bad teams, and lost to bad teams, and the Giants have also played NE, GB, NO, and SF and went absolutely toe to toe with every one of those teams except NO.

Does this mean the Giants are a championship team? Does it mean they're even gonna make the playoffs? No, obviously. They are perched at 6-6. Partly because bringing consistent intensity is a component of being a good team, and the Giants for some reason fail to do that.

You say they're fortunate playing in such a weak division this year. I can easily counter how unfortunate they are with the unending circus of injuries they've had this year. There are so many circumstances and so many ways you can analyze everything depending on how much weight you give to each circumstance.

The only thing that matters in the end though, is 6-6. .500, average...we'll see how the rest of the season goes.

-Z

The Giants outplayed GB as well.

there, something like that.

I think tonight we get the best both of these teams have to offer. And if either one comes out flat... that tells us something.

If the Giants hadn't crapped the bed against the Eagles, at home, I'd feel much better about this game going in....

there, something like that.

I think tonight we get the best both of these teams have to offer. And if either one comes out flat... that tells us something.

If the Giants hadn't crapped the bed against the Eagles, at home, I'd feel much better about this game going in....

I still contend the Giants did beat the Packers... aside from all the bs calls.. taking away Ballard's TD and giving them a bs TD.... that's 14 points right there... we end up settling for 3 and they end up getting a td instead of a FG... that nets 7 points... and that's only those two bad calls... that were reviewed mind you...

I still contend the Giants did beat the Packers... aside from all the bs calls.. taking away Ballard's TD and giving them a bs TD.... that's 14 points right there... we end up settling for 3 and they end up getting a td instead of a FG... that nets 7 points... and that's only those two bad calls... that were reviewed mind you...

Why didn't the Giants simply stop GB on the last drive and win in OT. It's not like that option was off the table when they "took away" Ballard's TD, assuming that it is even true, which is debatable.