SportsWrath

Rocky Benard

NeMesiS

This guy is a waste of space. On Jackson 80 yard run, Rocky was literally man-handed to creat gigantic hole in the middle. We need some DT on this team. We are wasting our DE talent.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d823284f9/Jackson-80-yard-TD-run

I saw that....I thought that was Linval Joseph, but I'll take your word it was Bernard....makes alot more sense.

Watch the play again and I believe if you slow it down, he trips over D"quan Williams foot (halfway mark on the video), and stumbles to the ground. But the whole right side of the line gets blown up, and Deon Grant has to make that play, it's inexcusable he never got a hand on him. I've made it obvious I don't care for Bernard, but fair is fair, this doesn't look like it's his fault.

Also, D'Quan Williams almost has the fucker run down, but Aaron Ross crosses in front of him.

Watch the play again and I believe if you slow it down, he trips over D"quan Williams foot (halfway mark on the video), and stumbles to the ground. But the whole right side of the line gets blown up, and Deon Grant has to make that play, it's inexcusable he never got a hand on him. I've made it obvious I don't care for Bernard, but fair is fair, this doesn't look like it's his fault.

Also, D'Quan Williams almost has the fucker run down, but Aaron Ross crosses in front of him.

You mean JACQUAIN Williams????

The whole line has been crap at stopping the run all season.

Yeah it's been a while since the defense has done this poorly against the run. Hard to win games this way. Really wish we had Austin and could see what hes capable of. I didn't really understand some of the comments after his injury downplaying the significance of it. The depth alone would help right now. Getting Tuck back will be huge though.

Rocky Bernard, looking at the season as a whole, has been good. Be wary of extrapolating one play and making judgments about the player overall. Rocky has made plays for us this year. Rocky did well last year, too. However, the year before last he deserved the criticism.

our big mistake on the 80 yd run was not keeping a spy stationed in the middle

If you are going to bring the house you must protect the middle against a run, and you must keep a saftey deep

But hey it happens, and it did not ultimately matter............they lost

Yeah it's been a while since the defense has done this poorly against the run. Hard to win games this way. Really wish we had Austin and could see what hes capable of. I didn't really understand some of the comments after his injury downplaying the significance of it. The depth alone would help right now. Getting Tuck back will be huge though.

I thought the run game was held in the check pretty well other then the 80 yarder by Jackson...... other than that he had what, 14 carries for the 45 yards ? or something close to that.

I thought the run game was held in the check pretty well other then the 80 yarder by Jackson...... other than that he had what, 14 carries for the 45 yards ? or something close to that.

Thats what I was sayin after the game. That one run was the majority of his yds, and it was at the beginning of the game. Once the D got it together, he didnt do much.

Rocky Bernard, looking at the season as a whole, has been good. Be wary of extrapolating one play and making judgments about the player overall. Rocky has made plays for us this year. Rocky did well last year, too. However, the year before last he deserved the criticism.

What about the year before that? :P

Agreed it was held in check in the second half. I was alluding to the season as a whole. Philly, Arizona, and Seattle ran all over us. It really just sums up how important Tuck is to this team.

Agreed it was held in check in the second half. I was alluding to the season as a whole. Philly, Arizona, and Seattle ran all over us. It really just sums up how important Tuck is to this team.

Hopefully the D has finally found its run stopping ability during the second half of the bills game and it will last for the rest of the year. Now if we can get the corners to jam more on the WR's at the line.