SportsWrath

This team is flat-out cursed this year

fishgutmartyr

very good points, I actually like Johnson more then Thomas, and I believe Ross ruptured an achilles, he is back, playing well. Thomas,Sintim and Goff are all in contract years, If Jones does well, I don't see Goff coming back, next year. A would like another TE, Shawn Nelson, I think can be a 45 to 50 reception and he's quicker down the seam then Boss, he is better at blocking then the guys we have now as well. I think Hixon could do alright in the slot, he provides more burst then Smith and he can take it vertical. Dallas has nothing at S, either does Philly. All in all though, we should be one of the best in the NFC East and could battle the Eagles for the division. Gonna be a interesting year all around.

I appreciate your optimism, and I really wish I had it.

But it isn't too much of a stretch to see us starting 2 rookie LBs regularly at the end of the season, especially when Kiwi just had an injury last year where his career was a question mark. Nor would it be a stretch to foresee us starting either Brian Williams or a rookie with 2 practices under his belt right now as a corner. I'm all for a youth movement, but I was kind of hoping that it happened with 2nd-3rd year players, especially this year.

God help us if Canty or Joseph go down for any appreciable time--then we start Bernard, with Kennedy in rotation; holding off blockers for Jones? At that point, they'd be making so much yardage up the gut that they wouldn't need to test our corners. Ugh. Jones might be good, but that scenario means a LOT of tackles being made 5 yds past the LOS.

We have almost no receivers (at WR, TE, or RB) that can make that short yardage catch on 3rd down. Hixon is a good WR, but from what I remember from his play, he was more of an outside type. Jernigan might be, but not this year. That's why I was hoping they kept Scott and Brown as running backs on this team, because those guys can actually catch the ball, and take some pressure off of the TE and the 3rd WR. Because while we have a better overall tandem than we did with Burress/Toomer, we don't have that Shockey/unconcussed Boss player at the seam. I'm not really thinking in terms of making up receptions, I'm thinking that we've already surrendered a chunk of field to defenses before we even play a game, making it that much easier to defend the outside.

We'll win our share of games early on; but as injuries continue (and there's no reason to think that they won't--law of averages be damned), we are going to be progressively weaker.

I wasn't expecting another season ending injury 5 days before the season started but as a Mets and Giants fan nothing can really surprise me. Jack is right he was having a very nice pre-season. I know everyone on here loves the Giants and most people here try to take an optimists view but I've seen some posts over the last few weeks brushing off the injuries and the Boss and Smith signings as no big deal.

-Amukamara missed time with the lockout, now he's going to miss time into October most likely. Cornerback is the most athletically demanding position on the field. I hope I'm wrong but he is probably going to struggle mightily. If I am wrong we have a stud corner.

-The Osi is a one dimensional player argument. Ok, I tend to agree to a certain extent but he was responsible for 11.5 sacks and 10 forced fumbles. This defense needs him.

-Marvin Austin wasn't going to be a factor anyway. How do we know that? For his size and position he is off the charts in terms of athleticism and now he's essentially starting over going into next season.

-Terrell Thomas has been overrated on this board and Ross should be able to step in fine. Aaron Ross hasn't exactly been a model of health and consistency in his own right. He's a first round pick from a big time program and he had been playing out of position a bit the last couple of years so maybe the move back to corner will help but the jury is certainly still out on that. I've heard a few interesting arguments on the TT tackles but bottom line the guy made plays.

-Boss has concussion issues and drops passes. Ok. Well, until further notice Beckum sucks. This is going to be a huge problem.

-Steve Smith. It's incredibly frustrating and disappointing that he signed with the Eagles. I hope Hixon, Cruz, or JJ(hail mary) can step in but we are talking about the loss of a receiver who set the franchise record for catches in a season and was huge on 3rd downs. Whether he's rushing back from injury or not the fact is he will be out there for the Eagles in a few weeks. That fucking blows.

Now we lose the middle of the defense. Goff is young and while he may not have been or ever be a star I don't think it was unreasonable to expect significant progression in his second season as a starter.

This is one of the worst off-seasons I have ever seen. It might be the worst actually. But it's a long season and anything can happen. The expectations are going to be tempered and Big Blue will be under the radar, just the way the team and fans like it. I'm still pumped as shit for Sunday.

This is what happens when owners lock out players and then push them to start the season on time when they are completely out of football shape. Well done MaraTischCo., well done.

I disagree in the sense that these players knew they were coming back to play and it's their job to stay in shape.. it's not like they have to be somehwere else 9 to 5 Monday thru Friday.. and they're all young.. all they have to do is play ball.. stay in shape.. like some of us office workers do on our spare time...

Goff looked good in pre-season lets not forget that

everyone is going three quarter speed........could he have transferred that to the regular season....we may never know

yet this guy is ready to crown perriloux.

I disagree in the sense that these players knew they were coming back to play and it's their job to stay in shape.. it's not like they have to be somehwere else 9 to 5 Monday thru Friday.. and they're all young.. all they have to do is play ball.. stay in shape.. like some of us office workers do on our spare time...

staying in physical shape and staying in football shape so you can get drilled by a 280 lb freak are two completely different things. you only get in football shape in camp and, to a lesser extent, mini camps (no hitting, but you are sorta kept in football mode at least like getting down the playbook & awareness). Camp was rushed, these are the results. and this ties in to what Tree said about an ACL not being a conitioning thing. true.... to an extent. being in poor condition won't directly impact the ACL, but not being in full football shape, such as running at full speed getting hit and field awareness, most certainly can.

I wasn't expecting another season ending injury 5 days before the season started but as a Mets and Giants fan nothing can really surprise me. Jack is right he was having a very nice pre-season. I know everyone on here loves the Giants and most people here try to take an optimists view but I've seen some posts over the last few weeks brushing off the injuries and the Boss and Smith signings as no big deal.

-Amukamara missed time with the lockout, now he's going to miss time into October most likely. Cornerback is the most athletically demanding position on the field. I hope I'm wrong but he is probably going to struggle mightily. If I am wrong we have a stud corner.

-The Osi is a one dimensional player argument. Ok, I tend to agree to a certain extent but he was responsible for 11.5 sacks and 10 forced fumbles. This defense needs him.

-Marvin Austin wasn't going to be a factor anyway. How do we know that? For his size and position he is off the charts in terms of athleticism and now he's essentially starting over going into next season.

-Terrell Thomas has been overrated on this board and Ross should be able to step in fine. Aaron Ross hasn't exactly been a model of health and consistency in his own right. He's a first round pick from a big time program and he had been playing out of position a bit the last couple of years so maybe the move back to corner will help but the jury is certainly still out on that. I've heard a few interesting arguments on the TT tackles but bottom line the guy made plays.

-Boss has concussion issues and drops passes. Ok. Well, until further notice Beckum sucks. This is going to be a huge problem.

-Steve Smith. It's incredibly frustrating and disappointing that he signed with the Eagles. I hope Hixon, Cruz, or JJ(hail mary) can step in but we are talking about the loss of a receiver who set the franchise record for catches in a season and was huge on 3rd downs. Whether he's rushing back from injury or not the fact is he will be out there for the Eagles in a few weeks. That fucking blows.

Now we lose the middle of the defense. Goff is young and while he may not have been or ever be a star I don't think it was unreasonable to expect significant progression in his second season as a starter.

This is one of the worst off-seasons I have ever seen. It might be the worst actually. But it's a long season and anything can happen. The expectations are going to be tempered and Big Blue will be under the radar, just the way the team and fans like it. I'm still pumped as shit for Sunday.

Very well put, and I agree almost wholeheartedly.

Although Smith was HUGE for us in his role, I really think someone like Cruz or Hixon, possibly even Jernigan already, will step in and fill that role. I know, sounds crazy, but I think they will.

As for Boss, like you said, he got injured and dropped passes alot. Even so, he was our best TE, so it seems like a loss. But comparatively, he was an average TE. And I have a feeling Jake Ballard will surprise us.

The only real problem I see now, is at LB with the Goff injury. Possibly starting 2 rookies at that position scares me. Im not as worried about the secondary position as others are, I still think we got a good group back there. But obviously, we will see.

GO GIANTS

Hopefully Travis Beckum is waived

I think this kid Ballard is going to make you forget about Boss......I also think this other kid at MLB is going to make you very very happy......he's a 6 foot monster. in the regular season Goff has never made me jump out of my seat

Lets not make a huge deal out of this

none of the guys we have lost by leaving or injury is a deal breaker

We are 53 men strong and we are one of the best teams in the NFL........Goff or no Goff

we are now ranked a 15-1 shot to win the SB...........most of you guys probably do not follow it but we have been 15-1 picks to win the SB pre season every time we have won the Super Bowl

Would you rather be top ranked like NE or the Eagles and then fold your tent in the playoffs yr after yr.......I like flying under the radar

I would not be at all surprised if we are 10-0 .........11 weeks from now

who is that anyway?

lets not throw in the towel before the season starts

what are we the Fnnnnn Detroit Lions or Cleveland Browns???

Actually I would be looking up if I was a Lions fan, they have a very good young team the only problem is Stafford. If he is healthy they win games but since he has only played in 16 games in two years it isnt looking good for him.

Actually I would be looking up if I was a Lions fan, they have a very good young team the only problem is Stafford. If he is healthy they win games but since he has only played in 16 games in two years it isnt looking good for him.

Ok Ok

Go bet the Ranch the Lions make playoffs

What are the odds on that 500-1??

right now, crazy as it sounds, if kiwi is going to play linebacker, might as well be middle. he's the best athlete not playing the line.

I"d love to think that perhaps with Osi being a bitch this offseason, that perhaps you throw him out as bait to the Bears for Briggs. Couldn't hurt.

right now, crazy as it sounds, if kiwi is going to play linebacker, might as well be middle. he's the best athlete not playing the line.

I"d love to think that perhaps with Osi being a bitch this offseason, that perhaps you throw him out as bait to the Bears for Briggs. Couldn't hurt.

I don't know man.. I'm not sure Briggs is doing the right thing by bitching about his contract... but if somehow he could come here for a 4 year deal and Osi gets his new deal in Chicago.. so be it. Doubtful though.. I'm rooting for Greg Jones already.

Not that far-fetched, they're going to move him around a lot anyway. He sheds blocks well, he can go sideline to sideline... he's got a longer build than ideal, but he's got a lot of the right skills to play in the middle.

Problem with that is the Boley is a poor man's Briggs, they play the same position, we can't get them both on the field.... and with the extra money Briggs would demand, I wager we get more value sticking with Boley.

If we're moving Osi, I'd rather see him go in exchange for a corner.

Not sure why you're link didn't but here it is.. and holy shit :LMAO:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1380/kawika-mitchell?rw=1

1380.jpgGaddafi-Zombie.jpg

Me and his Virginal Imperial Guard (all beautiful and virgins) are coming to hunt you down you dog of the imperialists.... How dare you show the author of the Green Book during a moment of em er ...moment of.....well moment.

:laugh: