SportsWrath

This team is flat-out cursed this year

fishgutmartyr

I don't know man.. I'm not sure Briggs is doing the right thing by bitching about his contract... but if somehow he could come here for a 4 year deal and Osi gets his new deal in Chicago.. so be it. Doubtful though.. I'm rooting for Greg Jones already.

But the thing is....Briggs is aging. 4 years from now and he's 35. That would have to be one of the oldest starting linebackers in the league (assuming he's still starting by then).

No, I think the correct course of action would be to pick up a one year guy....like Mitchell....and let Greg Jones get the nod. If he, and by extension, the rest of our defense, struggles....them you think about a change.

You won't see us pick anyone up until after game 1 though.

• first two picks injured: one IR'd; one has yet to put on full pads, let alone get the system down
  • lose our best tight end at the last minute
  • god only knows what happened with Smith
  • we hire another TE that retires days later
  • just about every injury we've had so far isn't only season-ending, but career-threatening
  • injuries are coming in bunches to specific positions--AGAIN

If we're getting hit this hard, this early, how the fuck are we going to look by week 10? I like our team, but at this rate we'll be fielding the waiver-wire by the end of the season.

Seriously, how many flukish injuries/roster losses are we going to deal with before the opening game?

Well......we should have the youngest team in the NFL this year. We have 10 rookies on this team and I read that a record 54 rookies made NFL rosters this year......and 20% of them are on the Giants.

If we have a pretty good team with this many rookies.....we have a helluva future with these guys.

Even so.....PLEASE....NO MORE INJURIES!!!

But the thing is....Briggs is aging. 4 years from now and he's 35. That would have to be one of the oldest starting linebackers in the league (assuming he's still starting by then).

No, I think the correct course of action would be to pick up a one year guy....like Mitchell....and let Greg Jones get the nod. If he, and by extension, the rest of our defense, struggles....them you think about a change.

You won't see us pick anyone up until after game 1 though.

Hey, if he underperforms, you can always cut him right?

Well......we should have the youngest team in the NFL this year. We have 10 rookies on this team and I read that a record 54 rookies made NFL rosters this year......and 20% of them are on the Giants.

If we have a pretty good team with this many rookies.....we have a helluva future with these guys.

Even so.....PLEASE....NO MORE INJURIES!!!

It would be utterly amazing if they all work out. But that is not likely to happen, and even if they do, we probably aren't going far.

Hey, if he underperforms, you can always cut him right?

If you want some dead cap space, sure.