SportsWrath

Jerrell Jernigan

Zelmo

Ok I'll admit that he does look exactly like Sinorice so

Far, but give the kid a break. He will be our slot WR by 2012 if not by years end.

What??? You're telling me he'll beat out Cruz or the rest of the guys who has more experience than him?? Nah I can't see it happening and I just woke up from a heavy dinner.

Should be riding the bench...period. I mean seriously what's the deal with this guy?

-Z

About the only thing this guy should be riding is the bus back home......and my guess is, that will be happening later today.

I concur that Jernigan is raw, terribly disappointed with his play so far. He won't get cut but having a hard time seeing him take a roster spot at this point. Hate to say it, we have our new Sinorice Moss.

Senorice Moss II?

I'll give him the benefit of a season before cutting him. Lets see how it plays out, but damn he does like Sinorice.

Ok I'll admit that he does look exactly like Sinorice so

Far, but give the kid a break. He will be our slot WR by 2012 if not by years end.

You may never, ever, EVER use Jernigan's name in the same sentence with Sinorice Moss again... Wide Receiver of the Gods!!! Sinorice Moss will have 1800 yards and 26 TDs this year! :furious:

You guys are insulting Sinorice's talent.

Finally! The voice of reason on this thread! :clap:

I liked him at out Troy, He is still raw, he just needs to get used to the next level. We do have a crowded WR corps, though. I see our six being Nicks,Manningham,Hixon,Thomas,Cruz, Jernigan or Reynaud. He might be cut just cause we have other guys that can do what Jernigan can. Usually third rounders don't get cut though.

Don't think the Pharaoh will stick this year huh? I think he will but unless he shows anything more than his sideline spinning skills. He will be gone next year....... you know you would think he would be in when the Giants get in the "GREEN" zone just for size alone.6'6 .......I mean really if Eli over throws himinto the back of the endzone its an inc not an INT.

Jernigan on the PS? That would be interesting, seeing as he is a 3rd rounder and all. Not sure if they would cut him because wouldn't Reese and TC be basically admitting to everyone that they screwed up that third round pick in the worst way by cutting him after 1 preseason?

Don't think the Pharaoh will stick this year huh? I think he will but unless he shows anything more than his sideline spinning skills. He will be gone next year....... you know you would think he would be in when the Giants get in the "GREEN" zone just for size alone.6'6 .......I mean really if Eli over throws himinto the back of the endzone its an inc not an INT.

Lug, Ramses is eligible to be placed on PUP to start the year, so I think that is why Bigblue didn't include him. I think there is a chance he won't start the year on PUP, but I'm betting he will.

Jernigan on the PS? That would be interesting, seeing as he is a 3rd rounder and all. Not sure if they would cut him because wouldn't Reese and TC be basically admitting to everyone that they screwed up that third round pick in the worst way by cutting him after 1 preseason?

Yeah unfortunately it's another Sinorice deal. He'll stick around just because of his draft position.

It's so hard to tell with this guy--in a smaller school in weaker competition, no mini-camps, no OTAs, and a really really bad camp.

He's not Sinorice--the guy was very productive in his offense in college--but he is very raw and is going to need some serious work in his fundamentals. Even Coughlin mentioned problems with his positioning in his post game call. Again, not all that surprising considering where he went to school.

On the other hand, get him to catch the ball in the open field, he becomes a nightmare to bring down. The trick, as it always was, is to get him to the point where he secures the ball so he can start running with it.

So the question becomes, as I'm sure it is for most of the coaches in the league this year, do we have enough bodies in there to keep a really raw player like this, and accept the fact that he's simply not going to give us anything this year?

The question here is more interesting with Barden on the PUP. Do you keep a guy that is theoretical potential who has been shorted by the lock-out a spot; or does a bottom of the chart guy like Reynaud, who's basically a WYSIWYG guy, get the spot?

Glad I'm not making that call.

You have to wonder if there's a gentleman's agreement to lay off poaching practice squads this year...

JJ will not be

On the

ps

He will

Be on the final 53 and it's time you all just except it and give him some time.

He'd be gone in two seconds if we PSd him.

I agree. There is no way they are going to cut (or put on PS) a first year 3rd round pick rookie because of a really bad day during preseason.....especially considering the lack of legitimate practice time for all players, let alone rookies.

If they hung on to Moss as long as they did, there is no way they are giving up on Jernigan before he plays his first real game. Even if he sucks during the season and next, they'll keep him the same way they kept Moss. Personally, I'm pulling for the guy because I think he has some genuine talent and just needs to mature a bit and get to know the Giants system. That's my hope anyway. But yeah....he ain't gettin cut Saturday.