SportsWrath

Jerrell Jernigan

Zelmo

He needs time chill the he'll out people

He can spend his time on the bench....he's shown nothing but an inability to catch the ball and complete hesitation and lack of elusiveness when he does....he's yet to even so much as flash a single skill a returner needs...

-Z

He can spend his time on the bench....he's shown nothing but an inability to catch the ball and complete hesitation and lack of elusiveness when he does....he's yet to even so much as flash a single skill a returner needs...

-Z

He had a good PR earlier, and yea

I agree he should

Be on the bench for now, but I meant that toward the people who want him cut

He had a good PR earlier, and yea

I agree he should

Be on the bench for now, but I meant that toward the people who want him cut

He didn't have a "good" punt return...he had some open space and ran into it...like a pancy I might add...

That's the type of return that any, and I'm being literal, any returner in the entire history of the NFL makes. All he did on that play was not do anything stupid.

-Z

I liked him at out Troy, He is still raw, he just needs to get used to the next level. We do have a crowded WR corps, though. I see our six being Nicks,Manningham,Hixon,Thomas,Cruz, Jernigan or Reynaud. He might be cut just cause we have other guys that can do what Jernigan can. Usually third rounders don't get cut though.

I concur that Jernigan is raw, terribly disappointed with his play so far. He won't get cut but having a hard time seeing him take a roster spot at this point. Hate to say it, we have our new Sinorice Moss.

We will see

Hopefully all we'll see is someone else returning punts. They were saying Jernigan was having trouble catching punts in practice too. It's happening both in practice and in the game??? He's out.

Dude he's failing at something that should be an automatic absolute given. He cannot be our punt returner.

-Z

I liked him at out Troy, He is still raw, he just needs to get used to the next level. We do have a crowded WR corps, though. I see our six being Nicks,Manningham,Hixon,Thomas,Cruz, Jernigan or Reynaud. He might be cut just cause we have other guys that can do what Jernigan can. Usually third rounders don't get cut though.

Makes me wonder why we drafted a WR in the first place...

See Nem's point above.....they don't teach actually catching the punt at mini camp's and OTA's...

-Z

Look I agree he's been a disappointment so far. Think of it like any new job you took as a kid... say a kid's first day working at McDonalds... except this one is in front of thousands of people cheering and millions watchin on live TV. Let's cut the kid some slack.

Law of scarcity. There are 53 spots. There are only 6 or 7 spots for a WR. Jernigan has not earned a place on the team. And it's not just about tonight (even though tonight was his worst performance. I didn't like him out of the draft and I don't see him as an asset for an NFL team. If he makes this team, who gets cut to make room for him? He's a third rounder, so he probably hangs on, but I'm calling this now, this guy is not cut out to be a good NFL player.

I'll give him the benefit of a season before cutting him. Lets see how it plays out, but damn he does like Sinorice.

Law of scarcity. There are 53 spots. There are only 6 or 7 spots for a WR. Jernigan has not earned a place on the team. And it's not just about tonight (even though tonight was his worst performance. I didn't like him out of the draft and I don't see him as an asset for an NFL team. If he makes this team, who gets cut to make room for him? He's a third rounder, so he probably hangs on, but I'm calling this now, this guy is not cut out to be a good NFL player.

Ok I'll admit that he does look exactly like Sinorice so

Far, but give the kid a break. He will be our slot WR by 2012 if not by years end.

What??? You're telling me he'll beat out Cruz or the rest of the guys who has more experience than him?? Nah I can't see it happening and I just woke up from a heavy dinner.