SportsWrath

David Baas your new starting center

Lubeck

That's a nasty G-C-G, hopefully it translates into a nice running game but I'm worried about our OTs.

Agreed. McKenzie is good for letting his man into Eli's face at least 3 times a game and I don't trust any Offensive Lineman with BEAT in their name. Hopefully my concerns are unwarranted.

He's a really, REALLY good center. Nasty player with a mean streak and strong as hell.

sounds about right. Just read this from ESPN

He is a thick wide body with above average initial quickness and adequate agility and body control. He is more of a mauler and brawler than finesse type of blocker, but can dominate opponents once he gets his hands on them. He is not a natural knee bender but will bring his feet with him to sustain blocks and has the kind of temperament and effort that allows him to finish most blocks off. He has come a long ways when it comes to understanding angles and techniques which allow him to sustain blocks better than when he used to rely on strength alone. He does a good job of sinking his hips to hunker down and stop the bull rush and will win most strength contests.

Great signing. I can stop holding my breath on the O-Line. It would still be nice to find a solid veteren LT as insurance. Not sure Beatty is ready to hold that side of the line yet. Gallery is available, but probably too costly.

Great signing. I can stop holding my breath on the O-Line. It would still be nice to find a solid veteren LT as insurance. Not sure Beatty is ready to hold that side of the line yet. Gallery is available, but probably too costly.

Gallery is kind of a bust, isnt he? And I thought Beatty has done well when playing. You dont think he's ready to man that side yet?

Also Mckenzie is on the decline.. I'm not sure he's a solid starter anymore.

Gallery is kind of a bust, isnt he? And I thought Beatty has done well when playing. You dont think he's ready to man that side yet?

I think Beatty needs another year (possibly 2) to become a solid starter at left.

Gallery (if you recall) was drafted no.2 after Eli, and Giants took Philip Rivers with the no.3 pick....then traded Rivers and half the farm for Eli. Most people on this board were screaming for Roethlisberger or Rivers to go no. 2 so that Gallery would fall into their laps.

He's been hurt off and on since turning pro, but I believe he is still a stud LT. I haven't followed his career to know much more than how he was tauted the year we got Eli.

I think Beatty needs another year (possibly 2) to become a solid starter at left.

Gallery (if you recall) was drafted no.2 after Eli, and Giants took Philip Rivers with the no.3 pick....then traded Rivers and half the farm for Eli. Most people on this board were screaming for Roethlisberger or Rivers to go no. 2 so that Gallery would fall into their laps.

He's been hurt off and on since turning pro, but I believe he is still a stud LT. I haven't followed his career to know much more than how he was tauted the year we got Eli.

Oh yeah, I remember vividly that draft. I DID NOT want Eli, and I was SCREAMING for Gallery. I just havent heard much from him since bein drafted and thought I heard hes been a dissapointment.

Oh yeah, I remember vividly that draft. I DID NOT want Eli, and I was SCREAMING for Gallery. I just havent heard much from him since bein drafted and thought I heard hes been a dissapointment.

Usually if you don't hear about an offensive lineman, it's a good thing.. usually.

You're memory is a little foggy. Giants had the 4th pick, Gallery did go second, but AZ had the 3rd pick and took Fitzy.

I'll admit, I wanted the Giants to take Sean Taylor badly. Accorsi did much better than I would've, although I will say that Sean Taylor was one of the best safeties in the NFL before he died.

Gallery, I believe, has done pretty well as an interior lineman. I believe they moved him to Guard and he played at a Pro Bowl level. But he was a bust at Tackle.

Ding ding ding!!! I was one of those mindless tools who was cheering for Gallery to fall on us. The guy is huge and was scouted as a sure thing. Guess that didn't pan out but he dose made a great guard last I checked.

Gallery, I believe, has done pretty well as an interior lineman. I believe they moved him to Guard and he played at a Pro Bowl level. But he was a bust at Tackle.

Yep. Since he's mover inside he's a pretty good player... sort of like Leonard Davis, who is also available.