SportsWrath

Any talk about Cowher in NYC

Chuck Wagon

Yeah it worked great lastweek

So we had a debacle.. at the end of the day we're still 9-5 and control our own destiny.. and for about 87% of that game we were kicking their asses. Last I checked Coughlin wasn't on the field playing. Make no mistake about it that game was weird by all accounts.. it's where EVERYTHING that had to go right for the Eagles went right.. and everything that had to go wrong for us.. went wrong.

I'm over it. I got my eyes set on a rematch.. if it happens and we win... then we get the last laugh. This could've been worse.. could've been in the playoffs.. where we agonize for months.

I seriously doubt that. Replace the most successful coach since Parcells and with who?

The Cowher talk is bullshit. Jack supports it and that should be enough proof for anyone.

This Sunday will determine who our coach is next season. Take it to the bank.

I seriously doubt that. Replace the most successful coach since Parcells and with who?

The Cowher talk is bullshit. Jack supports it and that should be enough proof for anyone.

If the Giants collapse at the second half of the season like they did in the last eight minutes of the Eagles game last Sunday, we'll be seeing a new coach... especially with one with a proven track record practically begging to play in the meadowlands.

As far as Jack goes, a broken clock is still right twice a day... and why do you read any of his posts anyway?

Unless Coughlin retires he's staying. Sparano's not going anywhere even with a losing season. That leaves Kubiak, who has been rumored to be in the hot seat. Especially with his own players fighting on the field. My guess is Kubiak will be out, and Cowher will take the AFC job. Coughlin's contract still has a year left, a year in which there will be no football. There'll be a change for the 2012 season, no sooner.

Why is Cowher this sacred cow anyway? What the fuck has he done that Coughlin hasn`t? Last time I checked they both have one ring and Coughlin is responsible for coaching one of the greatest playoff runs of all time and beating an undefeated team in the Super Bowl. Last weeks loss was on another level but lets keep the faith we have seen this group respond to adversity before.

Why is Cowher this sacred cow anyway? What the fuck has he done that Coughlin hasn`t? Last time I checked they both have one ring and Coughlin is responsible for coaching one of the greatest playoff runs of all time and beating an undefeated team in the Super Bowl. Last weeks loss was on another level but lets keep the faith we have seen this group respond to adversity before.

i endorse this platform.

Exactly. And what's wrong with Coughlin.. and even Gilbride for that matter. The Giants were never at least in recent memory known as a scoring machine.. now we put up 20.. 30 and even 40 points with ease.

Exactly. And what's wrong with Coughlin.. and even Gilbride for that matter. The Giants were never at least in recent memory known as a scoring machine.. now we put up 20.. 30 and even 40 points with ease.

I'm fine with Coughlin, though I do think you can see the signs of things getting stale. How many other coaches do you see year in and year out have to have a huge game to quiet the calls for his head. I get it's NY but every year the team gets into an extended funk and needs a Redskins game, or Patriots game or some other monumental performance to get going. Only to fold down the stretch.

There has been one season of complete dominance, and that was the year Plax shot himself. Again, I won't be upset if Coughlin stays, he's been a winning coach, but it starting to get to the point where he's done all he can do with this team.

To Gillbride, he can go, and nbot soon enough. I admit he has a good offensive mind and can be brilliant, but there are times he is just too cute for his own good. He costs us games from time to time, including a playoff game. When a play works once he keeps going to it hopeing to trap lighting in a bottle every time.

So we had a debacle.. at the end of the day we're still 9-5 and control our own destiny.. and for about 87% of that game we were kicking their asses. Last I checked Coughlin wasn't on the field playing. Make no mistake about it that game was weird by all accounts.. it's where EVERYTHING that had to go right for the Eagles went right.. and everything that had to go wrong for us.. went wrong.

I'm over it. I got my eyes set on a rematch.. if it happens and we win... then we get the last laugh. This could've been worse.. could've been in the playoffs.. where we agonize for months.

what you and a lot of people do not realize Nas is that you only get this kind of total collapses only with an extremely weak tuned out coach- see "Fassel in SFO"

Coughlin has aged and overstayed his welcome.....he made tactical errors last sunday, and he had no control of his troops

Its time..........no matter what happens in the playoffs.......we have a terriffic roster.....we should be killing people

This.

Well, they've both got one ring, but I think over virtually the same length of time coaching, Cowher has won more games and overall performed better. Plus if people here are indicating that "well they are the same kind of coach", then we shouldn't really mind hiring a guy like Cowher who happens to be 10 years younger than Coughlin. personally, I'd have no problem with it, because even though you've pointed out he coached a great superbowl run, there have been more years where they've collapsed or underperformed. And you can guarentee right now that John Mara is going to have a short fuse if we struggle again this season. This Sunday is huge for Coughlin.

Well, they've both got one ring, but I think over virtually the same length of time coaching, Cowher has won more games and overall performed better. Plus if people here are indicating that "well they are the same kind of coach", then we shouldn't really mind hiring a guy like Cowher who happens to be 10 years younger than Coughlin. personally, I'd have no problem with it, because even though you've pointed out he coached a great superbowl run, there have been more years where they've collapsed or underperformed. And you can guarentee right now that John Mara is going to have a short fuse if we struggle again this season. This Sunday is huge for Coughlin.

I agree, but it didn't have to be. Beat the Egirls and there's no 'controversy'. We'd win the division and be in the playoffs, shirking the 'can't win in the 2nd half of the season' monkey. If we lose to GB, the only thing that might....might....save Coughlin is the fact that 2011 won't exist and he'll live out the end of his contract. Otherwise it's another 2nd half collapse, and we all know how pleased the front office is with 2nd half collapses. I don't see Cowher coming in with no season to play for. My most likely guess is Cowher goes to Houston, and if the Giants front office makes a change at all prior to 2012, it'll be Fewell being promoted and Coughlin forced into 'retirement'. More of a 'changing of the guard' scenario, as opposed to a firing.

I don't think Cowher has a whole lot over Coughlin, honestly. I just think if the players "mail it in" or don't perform, Cough will be gone. Three years in a row of second-half collapses (and a loss that will rank with "the fumble" for the rest of our fucking lives) will leave a bad enough taste to want the Maras to make a switch.

I agree, but it didn't have to be. Beat the Egirls and there's no 'controversy'. We'd win the division and be in the playoffs, shirking the 'can't win in the 2nd half of the season' monkey. If we lose to GB, the only thing that might....might....save Coughlin is the fact that 2011 won't exist and he'll live out the end of his contract. Otherwise it's another 2nd half collapse, and we all know how pleased the front office is with 2nd half collapses. I don't see Cowher coming in with no season to play for. My most likely guess is Cowher goes to Houston, and if the Giants front office makes a change at all prior to 2012, it'll be Fewell being promoted and Coughlin forced into 'retirement'. More of a 'changing of the guard' scenario, as opposed to a firing.

IMO all this talk about Fewell being the next head coach in the next year or two is out of whack. He needs at least 2-3 years at def coord with consistant performances to really even be considered. I don't understand how people can jump on the bus like that.

I could see Cowher in Houston, because I'd say if Kubiak got a sniff of the Denver job , he'll be out the door. And i think that's the way they might be leaning.

Cowher is being a scum bag for "leaking" his own shit. I don't want him anywhere near the Giants. What we have now is working fine.

Andy Reid is a scumbag.....maybe you need a scumbag to fight a scumbag......I warned anyone who would listen they would try trick plays..........the Giants played like a bunch of clueless trusting chiorboys

Coughlin is not a good end of season HC..........I dont know his exact December record but its abysmal

Hes been to the playoffs a few times with the Giants always bowing out early and humiliated but for the miracle year

I dont recall Cowhers Steelers, Jimmy Johnson's cowboys laying down like that

It all starts at the top and it all continues with the running game- running it and stopping the run

As for Fewell he WAS a HC in Buffalo.......played a bad team to a few wins

what about the HC's in Pittsburg, St Louis, Tampa Bay........all playoff bound teams........none of those guys were EVER a HC

Andy Reid is a scumbag.....maybe you need a scumbag to fight a scumbag......I warned anyone who would listen they would try trick plays..........the Giants played like a bunch of clueless trusting chiorboys

Coughlin is not a good end of season HC..........I dont know his exact December record but its abysmal

Hes been to the playoffs a few times with the Giants always bowing out early and humiliated but for the miracle year

I dont recall Cowhers Steelers, Jimmy Johnson's cowboys laying down like that

It all starts at the top and it all continues with the running game- running it and stopping the run

As for Fewell he WAS a HC in Buffalo.......played a bad team to a few wins

what about the HC's in Pittsburg, St Louis, Tampa Bay........all playoff bound teams........none of those guys were EVER a HC

Coughlin's NYG Playoff Record

4-4 including one SB win and 3- 1st round losing blowouts..........all of his playoff wins came in 2007

Here is the Giants December Record under Coughlin- 16 wins 14 loses (not exactly Mr December).. If Donovan McNabb were a HC this would be his December record approx.

Regular Season December record-

2-1

13 Dec 05 WAS 7 @ NYG 31

14 Dec 13 NYG 21 @ MIN 3

15 Dec 19 PHI 38 @ NYG 31

2-3

13 Dec 06 DAL 24 @ NYG 31

14 Dec 13 PHI 45 @ NYG 38

15 Dec 21 NYG 45 @ WAS 12

16 Dec 27 CAR 41 @ NYG 9

17 Jan 03 NYG 7 @ MIN 44

0-4