SportsWrath

It's not all on Matt Dodge,

mastershake

It's not all on Matt Dodge my fellow NYG fans, although he is a screw up.... Uncovered onside kick, Manningham fumble in NYG territory, Fewell having Justin Tuck covering Brent Celek (why the hell we still drop defensive lineman into coverage is beyond me) Vick prancing down the field about 50 yards on two occasions, Jeremy Maclin left wide open on an island to score (honestly, the entire stadium knew the ball was going to him), punt coverage team blowing it, the offense failing to move the ball and take time off the clock...

The entire team lost the game, the coaches, the offense, defense, and ST.

Mostly the players, though.

From what I've read, the coaches warned the ST about the onside kick...to no avail.

Dodge was told to kick it out of bounds......instead, a line drive to the most dangerous return man East of Devin Hester.

I agree though.....if the Giants had managed one more stop, one more first down....Dodge's stupidity would never have been tested.

He is a douche as I pointed out. Who do we get to replace him?

I believe his name was Ken Blanchard....kicked for the G man in the 70's...he is in a long term care facility in Maine...and has had both hips replaced.....I'd start with him and then eventually work my way to Feagles. ...Feagles wife or one of his kids.

Its not that Dodge didn't do what he was told to do....look at the video..he was pointing towards out of bounds....its that Dodge couldn't do what he was told to do.

Punting should simply not be this much of an adventure.....every time its a fucking box of chocolates.

C. Wagon

I believe his name was Ken Blanchard....kicked for the G man in the 70's...he is in a long term care facility in Maine...and has had both hips replaced.....I'd start with him and then eventually work my way to Feagles. ...Feagles wife or one of his kids.

Its not that Dodge didn't do what he was told to do....look at the video..he was pointing towards out of bounds....its that Dodge couldn't do what he was told to do.

Punting should simply not be this much of an adventure.....every time its a fucking box of chocolates.

C. Wagon

laugh.gif Run Matty Run. Bet he wanted to when red face came onto the field barking at him.

reminded me of my dad when i smacked the side mirror off the car after he reminded me to watch the fence post.

laugh.gif Run Matty Run. Bet he wanted to when red face came onto the field barking at him.

reminded me of my dad when i smacked the side mirror off the car after he reminded me to watch the fence post.

The woman and I were laughing, or was it crying, when he missed the tackle that he should stay the fuck down because if Coughlin doesn't kill him somebody in the stands will.

The woman and I were laughing, or was it crying, when he missed the tackle that he should stay the fuck down because if Coughlin doesn't kill him somebody in the stands will.

he was trying to dig a hole. you punt like that, you'd better learn how to tackle.

Must admit I rather enjoyed Coughlin coming over to yell at him. Nobody looks at Coughlin when he's yelling at them I noticed. Reminds me back when Darnell Dinkins made a catch on third and failed to get the first down and then yelled at Fassel for not going for it on 4th and 2.

Would have loved to see him try that one with Coughlin. Coughlin would have decked him right then and there.

I don't put the blame on Dodge for the game though. He did not let the Eagles score the four touchdowns to get back into the game. Dodge made a mistake just like everyone else did in the second half.

Must admit I rather enjoyed Coughlin coming over to yell at him. Nobody looks at Coughlin when he's yelling at them I noticed. Reminds me back when Darnell Dinkins made a catch on third and failed to get the first down and then yelled at Fassel for not going for it on 4th and 2.

Would have loved to see him try that one with Coughlin. Coughlin would have decked him right then and there.

I don't put the blame on Dodge for the game though. He did not let the Eagles score the four touchdowns to get back into the game. Dodge made a mistake just like everyone else did in the second half.

Dodge didn't do his job. In fact, he did a horrible job on the most important punt of the season.

Does he deserve the blame for the loss?.......No.

Is he a fucking moron?........without a doubt.

That's how I see it.

Up 21 points with 8 minutes to go......

A) Suck on defense

B) Suck on special teams

C) Ignore everything the coaches tell you to do ("watch for the onside"....."punt it out of bounds")

Mostly the players, though.

From what I've read, the coaches warned the ST about the onside kick...to no avail.

Dodge was told to kick it out of bounds......instead, a line drive to the most dangerous return man East of Devin Hester.

I agree though.....if the Giants had managed one more stop, one more first down....Dodge's stupidity would never have been tested.

Yes the players are at fault; however Coughlin's reason for not having the Hands Team out there is because he wanted to maximize return yardage defies all logic and common sense. So you are risking a turnover to save 5 to 10 yards at most from this set of Special Ed Team sad sacks. :blink:

C. Wagon

And he has a longer wind up than Oil Can Boyd.... :jerkoff:

:LMAO:

Jesus Christ when I saw the highlights I had flashbacks of the Old Man doing the same to me.... :laugh:

Coughlin handled that poorly IMO. Our punter is not good, but he only gets a few plays a game. There were other situations out there where other players made screw ups and Coughlin didn't confront them coming off the field to that extent. Phillips "whiff" cost a TD, Manningham's fumble caused a momentum shift. Jacobs dropped an easy pass that was a first down. Aaron Ross pulled a Michael Johnson and cost us containing Vick back at the ten when he ran up to the line. Coughlin is claiming that he did tell special teams to watch out for the onside kick, so why not blast them because they took off downfield before the kick instead of holding the line. Hell the crowd didn't yell enough so why not confront them?. No, every event that led up to the punt had nothing to do with anything, it was the kids fault alone, so let;s make an example of him. Just like Kiwi a few years back, that was wrong too. Coughlin does these things to save face, hell in the press conference he actually said it was his fault for what Dodge did!. Who does he think believes that after watching him berate the kid.

Dodge should have been moved to the practice squad for the season and see what he does with a years practice and if he ended up being good then fine. But the Organization has to hold it's hands up here, especially Tom, because for the entire year, this kid has been a spectacle, and he should have been replaced weeks back. I hold my hands up, I said give him a chance and I'm wrong.

Coughlin is equal opportunity, he gets in everyone's face. Just so happens this was a moment the camera crews decided to capture. Stop bringing up the bench Dodge and replace him with someone else because they looked around before the beginning of the season, the choices didn't get better as the season continued. The ideal of course would have been to find Feagles replacement before he retired and instead everyone crossed their fingers he'd come back every year like he has for the last four years.

Coughlin handled that poorly IMO. Our punter is not good, but he only gets a few plays a game. There were other situations out there where other players made screw ups and Coughlin didn't confront them coming off the field to that extent. Phillips "whiff" cost a TD, Manningham's fumble caused a momentum shift. Jacobs dropped an easy pass that was a first down. Aaron Ross pulled a Michael Johnson and cost us containing Vick back at the ten when he ran up to the line. Coughlin is claiming that he did tell special teams to watch out for the onside kick, so why not blast them because they took off downfield before the kick instead of holding the line. Hell the crowd didn't yell enough so why not confront them?. No, every event that led up to the punt had nothing to do with anything, it was the kids fault alone, so let;s make an example of him. Just like Kiwi a few years back, that was wrong too. Coughlin does these things to save face, hell in the press conference he actually said it was his fault for what Dodge did!. Who does he think believes that after watching him berate the kid.

Dodge should have been moved to the practice squad for the season and see what he does with a years practice and if he ended up being good then fine. But the Organization has to hold it's hands up here, especially Tom, because for the entire year, this kid has been a spectacle, and he should have been replaced weeks back. I hold my hands up, I said give him a chance and I'm wrong.

It's not all on Matt Dodge my fellow NYG fans, although he is a screw up.... Uncovered onside kick, Manningham fumble in NYG territory, Fewell having Justin Tuck covering Brent Celek (why the hell we still drop defensive lineman into coverage is beyond me) Vick prancing down the field about 50 yards on two occasions, Jeremy Maclin left wide open on an island to score (honestly, the entire stadium knew the ball was going to him), punt coverage team blowing it, the offense failing to move the ball and take time off the clock...

Because the zone-blitz is the formula for stopping 1) a west coast offense and 2) Mike Vick. Really, it worked GREAT other than that one play, and the damage was done by the starting safety, not the defensive lineman.