SportsWrath

Thank you Kevin Gillbride

Virginia Giant

I think you're getting your left and right confused....unless you're going from Vick's perspective. I'm going by the Giants perspective and they were blitzing him from the LEFT.

Like I said, Fewell certainly didn't tell these guys to stop containing Vick, they did that on their own. Like someone said, it was almost like they were so anxious to get to the quarterback, they effectively sabotaged their own defense.

Yeah, we're both correct....I was going by Vick's perspective.

Well, you know what I mean...they should have brought one guy on the right and left....Vick made JPP look stupid on a play in the 4th quarter...but he's a tremendous athlete.

yeah I'm sick of that shit too....I have watched enough collapses over the years to sit on my hands if I fucking feel like it. Do cheers drown out the jeers on the road...no...so fucking deal with it at home. You have an older fan base....you often find ways to lose wrapped up games....and you charge PSL's ...nothing more need be said.

Concentrate on the damn game and stop looking for the fans to give you an out. Hell, if it's so damn important to have crowd noise, pipe the fucking noise in, nearly every stadium does this.

those guys on defense just look like different players sometimes. i mean i know vick is a tough to sack and even tougher in the open field thats understandable but brent celek should never get a 65 yard TD. the missed tackles were really frustrating and deon grant's missed sack on vick was really bad cuz vick was stuck where he was and all he could do was duck and it still worked

That's the only bad thing you could say about Deon Grant this year. He's been a great pick up. But Phillips whiff on that Celek play has unreal,plus how deep was he?

That's the only bad thing you could say about Deon Grant this year. He's been a great pick up. But Phillips whiff on that Celek play has unreal,plus how deep was he?

Phillips has been nothing but great for us. I'll give him a pass on that.

Terrell Thomas on the other hand, sucks. I hate that worthless fuck. Yeah, he's made a few picks awesome, but the guy cant tackle to save his life...and for that matter cover anyone.

After jumping up to a 21 point lead, they should have gone prevent.

Yeah, we will probably get poster disagreement on this but I thought this also. Keep everything in front of the D and not allow the big gain. Instead they kept gambling and got burned for large yardage.

I can't explain why Phillips even took that angle? Did he not see Celek? I'm not sure.....

I think he was going for an INT and miss judged. By the time he pulled up it was too late.

I'm with you VG on this, sorta.

Killdrive is an idiot. All these college teams that want to hire him year in and year out, yet he stays in the pros. I dont get why he doesnt take any offer ffrom college. The moron tries to run up the score like he's coaching for a bowl appearance with the Giants anyway.

I literally shake my head at his play calling. It always seems he does things ass backwards. When we shouldnt take the foot off the petal, he will...when we have a 21 point lead in the 4th he doesnt.

So what if they score every possession in the 4th. Makes it real hard for them to catch us if we kill clock. Then on the flip side, they will also kill clock on their own drives. If we win by 1 point who cares? It's a win.

Instead Killdrive is calling plays where Eli is chucking it down field every 2nd and 3rd down...using what, a minute of time? For fuck sake, football 101... you have a lead that large in the 4th use every second you can of the clock and defense plays bend dont break because they will also use clock.

Just a sad game and 'm sorry, but TC you are an ass. Why are you taking responsibility for a punter that sucks and has all season? If you tell the guy to do something, he better do it. This high snap shit my ass. Hell, why is he still on this team?

Lets just hope we get new life, and the Brilliant Play Calling Fairy who visited Killdrive and TC before the 07 playoffs started...shows up again.

Yeah, we will probably get poster disagreement on this but I thought this also. Keep everything in front of the D and not allow the big gain. Instead they kept gambling and got burned for large yardage.

The good thing about prevent is only when you have that much lead in the 4th. Its bend dont break play. You use it to make the other team kill clock. If they score, who cares...it probably took them a good chunk of time to do it.

However if you're up by 7 or less with 2 minutes to go, the prevent is a shitty thing to call.

i have no complaints about grant otherwise, i was just talking about that one play.

i have no idea what the defense was doing on that celek TD. everyone seemed out of position

I'm with you VG on this, sorta.

Killdrive is an idiot. All these college teams that want to hire him year in and year out, yet he stays in the pros. I dont get why he doesnt take any offer ffrom college. The moron tries to run up the score like he's coaching for a bowl appearance with the Giants anyway.

I literally shake my head at his play calling. It always seems he does things ass backwards. When we shouldnt take the foot off the petal, he will...when we have a 21 point lead in the 4th he doesnt.

So what if they score every possession in the 4th. Makes it real hard for them to catch us if we kill clock. Then on the flip side, they will also kill clock on their own drives. If we win by 1 point who cares? It's a win.

Instead Killdrive is calling plays where Eli is chucking it down field every 2nd and 3rd down...using what, a minute of time? For fuck sake, football 101... you have a lead that large in the 4th use every second you can of the clock and defense plays bend dont break because they will also use clock.

Just a sad game and 'm sorry, but TC you are an ass. Why are you taking responsibility for a punter that sucks and has all season? If you tell the guy to do something, he better do it. This high snap shit my ass. Hell, why is he still on this team?

Lets just hope we get new life, and the Brilliant Play Calling Fairy who visited Killdrive and TC before the 07 playoffs started...shows up again.

I guess it's easier to just make up your own facts than deal with reality but if you check the drive charts, you'll see that this was not the case. On the TD drive for instance, there were 5 runs and two passes, one for a 1st down, the other for a TD. That put us up 31-10 with a little over 8:00 left and that damn well should have put it away.

When we had the lead in the 2nd half, we ran 15 times for 45 yards but 7 of those 15 runs went for 2 yards or less.

During that same time, Eli threw 9 times, completed 6 for 65 yards and a TD. But we lost because of those 3 incomplete passes? Or because the O couldn't find a way to score 41 points? Please.

And I'll tell you something else: if we hadn't thrown those 9 times in the 2nd half, we would not have scored at all and would have had the ball even less - and all of you knee jerk kill the coach 2nd guessers would have been killing them for "going into a shell".

There are a bunch of candidates but if I had to pick the plays that killed us, it would be Phillips whiff on Celek and the onside kick that followed.....not 3 fucking incomplete passes!

I guess it's easier to just make up your own facts than deal with reality but if you check the drive charts, you'll see that this was not the case. On the TD drive for instance, there were 5 runs and two passes, one for a 1st down, the other for a TD. That put us up 31-10 with a little over 8:00 left and that damn well should have put it away.

When we had the lead in the 2nd half, we ran 15 times for 45 yards but 7 of those 15 runs went for 2 yards or less.

During that same time, Eli threw 9 times, completed 6 for 65 yards and a TD. But we lost because of those 3 incomplete passes? Or because the O couldn't find a way to score 41 points? Please.

And I'll tell you something else: if we hadn't thrown those 9 times in the 2nd half, we would not have scored at all and would have had the ball even less - and all of you knee jerk kill the coach 2nd guessers would have been killing them for "going into a shell".

There are a bunch of candidates but if I had to pick the plays that killed us, it would be Phillips whiff on Celek and the onside kick that followed.....not 3 fucking incomplete passes!

I'm not checking drive charts for factual stats, I'm stretching them to make a point. Get it? 3 incomplete passes killing the clock. We're up by 21 late in the 4th. I dont care if we take minus yardage on runs, run the fucking clock down as much as possible. Defense bends not breaks and guess what, they use up the clock against themselves to score. Where did you get "Or because the O couldn't find a way to score 41 points?" I never made a post nor did I insinuate in any one of them that we needed more points.

You know what I find funny? Every year for the past 3 there is always someone defending these coaches of a team that chokes in embarrassing fashion. Yet it's always, in these apologists' eyes, the players fault. Well to some extent that's true, but it's also true that coaches lead these men to play as they do. Sorry, but week after week for 3 years now I've been hearing "we've got a few things to work on still". If you havent figured it out by now, or your players aren't responding, then it's time to hit the road...PLEASE

Our defensive coordinators must have the cleanest asses in the world since they're kissed so much. It happened with Spagnuolo, it's happening here.

Our defense and special teams choked the game away. There's no avoiding it.

21 point lead in the 4th quarter. Not only did the defense have to give up the points, they had to do that by giving up big plays. Even if they allowed scoring on sustained, methodical drives, we would have won, because there wouldn't have been enough time to do it three times. Eagles need a TD? Let them have it, but at 7 minutes a clip--that would have won the game. Instead, the defense went Keystone cops.

To blame the guy that directed 31 points because he allowed 9 passes to be thrown in an entire half is simply insane. Run, run, pass only works when you can string together a couple of first downs. The offense was stringing together a few first downs--look at what Gman329 posted. If anything, they probably got a few more runs in than they would have if they didn't pass to get first downs.

I really can't wrap my head around how this game can be twisted into Gilbride's fault.

Preach on brother VG, preach on. Gilbride totally fucked this game in the ass. Between the pass happy shit and the amount of running plays out of the shotgun, I've had it. I hope Gilbride drops dead

so misguided. the dog agrees with what fish said above. the big vaunted defense needs to rise to the occassion just one time in the fourth quarter. didn't happen. if the dog is not mistaken, it wasn't gillbride that caught a pass and then inexpicably left the ball on the turf before going out of bounds, it was manningham. it wasn't gilldbride that made no adjustments against the eagles offense in the second half, when clearly they adjusted to the giants schemes. it sure wasn't gillbride that not only punted the ball to jackson, but then was inept at trying to make a tackle. and for everyone who wants to elevate manning to elite status, when you have the ball at your 40 yard line with over a minute to play and three time outs needing only to get into field goal range, do what the elite qb's do, and make a play. and let's give the eagles credit in all of this as well - most teams would have folded down 31-10 after what appeared to be a dagger, and yet they continued to chip away and make plays. getting conservative in the second half typically results in these kind of comebacks...the dog would prefer the team stay aggressive. if they had gone into a shell, and the eagles came back, the cries to kill gillbride for being conservative would be echoing throughout these boards today...one defensive stand is all it would have taken to win the game. they didn't do it, but of course, that is the offensive coordinators fault, because 31 points and over 400 yards of offense is the cause for this loss. silly. the only critique the dog has of gillbride is that he should have run the ball on second down during the final drive having three time outs. other than that, he did the job he needed to do. even that is highly critical, because after all, you have a suppossed elite qb that you want to turn the ball over to in that situation, right? side note. Tom Brady = elite...eli manning is far from that.

OK, let me see if I can put it in another way. I'm thinking...I'm thinking... Oh yeah, the Eagles score 28 points with 7 minutes left on the clock. Not the offense fault. ST and the defense can take credit for this one.

Blame the ENTIRE team. Blaming matt dodge.. or the D.. or STs alone is bs. The offense needed one more first down to shut it down..they failed.. ST gave up an onside kick..and a fucking punt return... the D (queue Ross and his failure to contain vick) gave up yards.. simply put the Giants played a great motherfucking game... for 3 quarters and shitted their pants thereafter. I've refrained from commenting about the game and during the game because I had a weird feeling the whole day.. long before the game started.. even when we were kicking ass I still wasn't moved.. I thought it was because I wasn't feeling too well in the first place but I can't tell you I didn't see this coming.. which is why I didn't even move from my couch when the Giants were thrusting a rusty knife in my chest with one bullshit play after another... The Eagles are that good.. but the Giants choked... this is one of those weeks where I feel like a fucking zombie and I wish I could just drink myself to sleep.. or death. I'm too tired and to emotionless to even be angry.. none of those emoticons represent how I feel.. the best I can think of is this:

rangel_beach.jpg

The good thing about prevent is only when you have that much lead in the 4th. Its bend dont break play. You use it to make the other team kill clock. If they score, who cares...it probably took them a good chunk of time to do it.

However if you're up by 7 or less with 2 minutes to go, the prevent is a shitty thing to call.

Exactly.....if Vick manages to dink, dunk, and scramble for 7 yards at a pop, there's not enough time on the clock to cover 21 points in 8 minutes.

Going for the INT? Celek was IN FRONT OF HIM..there was no chance at a interception. Just hit him and hope the ball pops loose.

He completely brain farts on that one. You can see as he runs up he puts his hands down like he expects the ball to be where he is and realises, too late, that he isn't going to get it. I completely agree he should have been thinking tackle period at that point in the game because an easy TD is what he couldn't allow.

Celek TD.

Anyway I still think it's ridiculous that posters are faulting Gilbride for anything. The only time the O went pass, pass, pass was with 1:16 left. Gilbride/Coughlin were right to try for a game winning field goal at this point because losing the coin toss would have surely been a loss also. During that 8:00 minute cluster fuck the Giants O had the ball for 3 1/2 minutes ish. That's right the Eagles O scored 3 TDs in less than 5 minutes. The O played very well against a good Eagles D but Fewell over thought his schemes and went insane (notice who's running after Celek on that TD run).

How mkany of those completeed passes ended with the receiver going out of bounds?

I've had a night to sleep on it, and I'm ready to put it behind us and move on. Hopefully it's a learning experience. Ads far as the drive charts, here are a couple that stic out to me.

3rd quarter

Thre first drive was fine, 3 straight runs, Bradshaw couldn't convert the 3rd and 1.

1st and 10 at NYG 16 A.Bradshaw right end to NYG 14 for -2 yards (K.Coleman).

2nd and 12 at NYG 14 E.Manning pass short middle to M.Manningham to NYG 24 for 10 yards (J.Chaney) [T.Cole]. FUMBLES (J.Chaney), RECOVERED by PHI-M.Patterson at NYG 25. M.Patterson to NYG 25 for no gain (H.Nicks). ---I won't bitch too much about this, it was 2nd and 12 afterall.

DRIVE TOTALS: PHI 10, NYG 24, 1 plays, -2 yards, 0:33 elapsed

1st and 10 at NYG 34 E.Manning pass incomplete short left to B.Jacobs.----incomplete pass on the first play

2nd and 10 at NYG 34 E.Manning pass short left to H.Nicks to NYG 45 for 11 yards (D.Patterson). PHI-E.Sims was injured during the play. PHI-K.Coleman was injured during the play.---clock stops with injury

1st and 10 at NYG 45 B.Jacobs up the middle to NYG 45 for no gain (A.Jordan, T.Cole).

2nd and 10 at NYG 45 E.Manning pass incomplete short middle to B.Jacobs (E.Sims).---incomplete pass

3rd and 10 at NYG 45 (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short middle to D.Hagan to PHI 46 for 9 yards (A.Samuel).

4th and 1 at PHI 46 M.Dodge punts 28 yards to PHI 18, Center-Z.DeOssie. J.Calvin to PHI 27 for 9 yards (B.Pascoe, P.Dillard).

DRIVE TOTALS: PHI 10, NYG 24, 5 plays, 20 yards, 2:20 elapsed----just under 2 and a half minutes off the clock

4th quarter

New York Giants at 14:37 PHI NYG

1st and 10 at NYG 13 E.Manning pass short middle to K.Boss to NYG 49 for 36 yards (M.Fokou). ----Our first possession of the 4th quarter we come out throwing the ball with a 2 td lead, even if it did work.

1st and 10 at NYG 49 A.Bradshaw right guard to PHI 46 for 5 yards (J.Chaney, T.Cole).

2nd and 5 at PHI 46 E.Manning pass incomplete short left to M.Manningham (M.Fokou). ------2nd and 5 and they throw for a incompletion

3rd and 5 at PHI 46 (Shotgun) E.Manning pass incomplete deep right. ----another incompletion.

4th and 5 at PHI 46 M.Dodge punts 46 yards to end zone, Center-Z.DeOssie, Touchback.

DRIVE TOTALS: PHI 10, NYG 24, 4 plays, 41 yards, 1:49 elapsed----under 2 minutes taken off the clock with our first possession in the 4th quarter with a 2 td lead at home.

New York Giants at 12:34 PHI NYG

1st and 10 at PHI 47 B.Jacobs left end to PHI 42 for 5 yards (J.Chaney).

2nd and 5 at PHI 42 E.Manning pass short left to K.Boss pushed ob at PHI 27 for 15 yards (J.Chaney).----, clock is sdtopped as Boss goes out of bounds-2nd and 5 and we're throwing

1st and 10 at PHI 27 B.Jacobs right guard to PHI 22 for 5 yards (K.Coleman).

2nd and 5 at PHI 22 A.Bradshaw left end to PHI 19 for 3 yards (E.Sims).

1st and 10 at PHI 14 B.Jacobs left tackle to PHI 10 for 4 yards (E.Sims).

2nd and 6 at PHI 10 B.Jacobs right guard to PHI 8 for 2 yards (M.Patterson).

3rd and 4 at PHI 8 E.Manning pass short middle to K.Boss for 8 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 10 30

L.Tynes extra point is GOOD, Center-Z.DeOssie, Holder-S.Rosenfels. 10 31

L.Tynes kicks 62 yards from NYG 30 to PHI 8. J.Calvin to PHI 25 for 17 yards (D.Calhoun, J.Goff).

DRIVE TOTALS: PHI 10, NYG 31, 7 plays, 42 yards, 4:17 elapsed

New York Giants at 5:28 PHI NYG

1st and 10 at NYG 35 E.Manning pass short left to M.Manningham pushed ob at NYG 47 for 12 yards (D.Patterson). - 5 and a half minutes remain still leading and they start the drive with a pass, clok stops as MM is pushed out of bounds.

1st and 10 at NYG 47 A.Bradshaw left tackle to PHI 46 for 7 yards (J.Chaney).

2nd and 3 at PHI 46 A.Bradshaw left tackle to PHI 44 for 2 yards (M.Patterson, T.Cole).

Timeout #1 by PHI at 04:15.

3rd and 1 at PHI 44 (Shotgun) A.Bradshaw right end to PHI 42 for 2 yards (A.Dixon).

Timeout #2 by PHI at 04:02.

1st and 10 at PHI 42 A.Bradshaw left end to PHI 38 for 4 yards (T.Cole).

Timeout #3 by PHI at 03:56.

2nd and 11 at PHI 43 (Shotgun) A.Bradshaw right tackle to PHI 40 for 3 yards (M.Patterson, T.Cole). ----was this that goofy shotgun sweep thing they ran? Lin up in I formation and pound the damn ball, too fucking cute.

3rd and 8 at PHI 40 (Shotgun) E.Manning pass incomplete short left to D.Hagan.---why are they even trying to convert the 3rd down, run, get a yard or two, you are styill going to pin them deep. Uneccessary clock stoppage.

4th and 8 at PHI 40 M.Dodge punts 28 yards to PHI 12, Center-Z.DeOssie, fair catch by J.Maclin.

DRIVE TOTALS: PHI 24, NYG 31, 7 plays, 30 yards, 2:27 elapsed -----2 and half minutes off the clock in a drive where they got 2 first downs.

and I'm not mondy morning quarterbacking, the entire second half I was thinking to myself "why are we still throwing the ball", I was saying this when we had a big lead. Once more, in a game we had the lead the entire way we threw the ball 40 times and took little time off the clock in the second half, largly due to incomplete passes and completed passes that ended with the receiver going out of bounds.

For Dodge, he did a helluva job up until that last punt, he shouldn't get mch blame. The D let down, the offensive play calling was horrible and the coverage on special teams sucked on the last punt. It was a complete loss, but if we focus more on eating time off the clock instead of converting long 3rd downs and putting up more points we win the game, tht last punt was kicked with mere second on the clock, if even one of those incomplete passes or catched ending out of bounds was a run and punt we win.

Our defensive coordinators must have the cleanest asses in the world since they're kissed so much. It happened with Spagnuolo, it's happening here.

Our defense and special teams choked the game away. There's no avoiding it.

21 point lead in the 4th quarter. Not only did the defense have to give up the points, they had to do that by giving up big plays. Even if they allowed scoring on sustained, methodical drives, we would have won, because there wouldn't have been enough time to do it three times. Eagles need a TD? Let them have it, but at 7 minutes a clip--that would have won the game. Instead, the defense went Keystone cops.

To blame the guy that directed 31 points because he allowed 9 passes to be thrown in an entire half is simply insane. Run, run, pass only works when you can string together a couple of first downs. The offense was stringing together a few first downs--look at what Gman329 posted. If anything, they probably got a few more runs in than they would have if they didn't pass to get first downs.

I really can't wrap my head around how this game can be twisted into Gilbride's fault.

Even as a vocal member of the Gilbride Sucks Club I have to agree with this. There's no way around putting the blame on D and ST for this embarrassment. The Fewellatar comes down this week.

Even as a vocal member of the Gilbride Sucks Club I have to agree with this. There's no way around putting the blame on D and ST for this embarrassment. The Fewellatar comes down this week.

The D gets a lot of the blame, the plays they gave up in the 4th quarter are inexcusable. But when you have 2 minute drives with the lead and in your own stadium, you're not giving them much to work with.

so simple. finally lose a game, the gilbride threads come out...the dog loves it. they didn't run well, which is why they didn't run. if they ran 3 times and punted each time out, you would be leading the charge to kill gillbride for being predictable and boring. too funny. this game was the result of a better team finding a way to win. by the way, the elite QB should have been able to get that last 30 yards or so and kick that game winning field goal...instead, three passes resulting in two incompletes and a sack. punt. weak special teams. this following a defensive collapse in the fourth quarter. game over. this was an entire team loss...least of all on gillbride.

I agree

so misguided. the dog agrees with what fish said above. the big vaunted defense needs to rise to the occassion just one time in the fourth quarter. didn't happen. if the dog is not mistaken, it wasn't gillbride that caught a pass and then inexpicably left the ball on the turf before going out of bounds, it was manningham. it wasn't gilldbride that made no adjustments against the eagles offense in the second half, when clearly they adjusted to the giants schemes. it sure wasn't gillbride that not only punted the ball to jackson, but then was inept at trying to make a tackle. and for everyone who wants to elevate manning to elite status, when you have the ball at your 40 yard line with over a minute to play and three time outs needing only to get into field goal range, do what the elite qb's do, and make a play. and let's give the eagles credit in all of this as well - most teams would have folded down 31-10 after what appeared to be a dagger, and yet they continued to chip away and make plays. getting conservative in the second half typically results in these kind of comebacks...the dog would prefer the team stay aggressive. if they had gone into a shell, and the eagles came back, the cries to kill gillbride for being conservative would be echoing throughout these boards today...one defensive stand is all it would have taken to win the game. they didn't do it, but of course, that is the offensive coordinators fault, because 31 points and over 400 yards of offense is the cause for this loss. silly. the only critique the dog has of gillbride is that he should have run the ball on second down during the final drive having three time outs. other than that, he did the job he needed to do. even that is highly critical, because after all, you have a suppossed elite qb that you want to turn the ball over to in that situation, right? side note. Tom Brady = elite...eli manning is far from that.

The defense didn't have to "rise" to anything--they could have let them score on every possession in the fourth quarter. They just had to prevent them from gaining 10-20 yards at a clip. Or worse, as it turns out. You have the opponent back at the 20 or less, there's no reason that your defense can't make them chew up 6 minutes per score. That opportunity was there, and they failed. Clock management goes for both sides of the ball.

And this whole passing argument becomes moot when one considers that one of the 9 passing plays was a touchdown strike to Kevin Boss, further padding a very defensible score.

The defense didn't have to "rise" to anything--they could have let them score on every possession in the fourth quarter. They just had to prevent them from gaining 10-20 yards at a clip. Or worse, as it turns out. You have the opponent back at the 20 or less, there's no reason that your defense can't make them chew up 6 minutes per score. That opportunity was there, and they failed. Clock management goes for both sides of the ball.

And this whole passing argument becomes moot when one considers that one of the 9 passing plays was a touchdown strike to Kevin Boss, further padding a very defensible score.

I agree with you on the defense, but also have to realize the Eagles are the best at quick strike scoring.

Again, to hell with the last td to Boss, we didn't need it, there were seconds on the clock when we punted the final times, if you run an offense like you have a two td lead at home in the 4th quarter we win the game, it really is that simple. All those incomplete passes or the completed passes that ended with the receiver going out of bounds kept way too much time on the clock for a team that makes it's living scoring quickly.

All sides of the team ble4w it, but if Gillbride wouldn't have been so concerned with his offensive ranking we would have run the damn clock out and won the game.