SportsWrath

Thank you Kevin Gillbride

Virginia Giant

For whatever reason, the Eagles have the formula for stopping the Giants run game. I think Gilbride had a very good gameplan and the proof is in the results. 31 points and 364 yards of offense. Aside from a few runs the offensive line was not getting the push necessary to control the game running the ball. Too many times there were Eagles in the backfield before our backs could get to the line, particularly Jacobs. Not to keep harping on the offense but the Diehl false start on 2nd and 6 was a fucking killer. The offense couldnt make the plays to close the game out but this loss was made possible by a defensive collapse of historical proportions. I will say one thing about Gilbride. I hate when we have 2nd and 3rd and short situations and we go into the shotgun. It doesnt make sense to me and it bugs the hell out of me. Thats it on to Green Bay. Win and we are in. If they can respond after this I really believe great things could be in store in the postseason.

For whatever reason, the Eagles have the formula for stopping the Giants run game. I think Gilbride had a very good gameplan and the proof is in the results. 31 points and 364 yards of offense. Aside from a few runs the offensive line was not getting the push necessary to control the game running the ball. Too many times there were Eagles in the backfield before our backs could get to the line, particularly Jacobs. Not to keep harping on the offense but the Diehl false start on 2nd and 6 was a fucking killer. The offense couldnt make the plays to close the game out but this loss was made possible by a defensive collapse of historical proportions. I will say one thing about Gilbride. I hate when we have 2nd and 3rd and short situations and we go into the shotgun. It doesnt make sense to me and it bugs the hell out of me. Thats it on to Green Bay. Win and we are in. If they can respond after this I really believe great things could be in store in the postseason.

Maybe, but I think there were other factors... in game 1, the offensive line was at its most decimated, and in game 2 they'd just shuffled the line-up again; Seubert was tearing it up at C the prior few weeks, while O'Hara was getting manhandled this week.

Maybe, but I think there were other factors... in game 1, the offensive line was at its most decimated, and in game 2 they'd just shuffled the line-up again; Seubert was tearing it up at C the prior few weeks, while O'Hara was getting manhandled this week.

O'Hara had a few bad plays early on but he settled in. I stated before the game that the Eagles' game plan revolves around stopping our run.. and challenging Eli to beat them.. which he did this week. But the Giants HAVE to beat up the Eagles on the ground if they were to make mends for the disaster that is this past weekend.

IF we beat the Packers this weekend, then nothing can be sweeter than beating Philly in Philly during the playoffs... probably sweeter than beating the Boys in our run to the SB in 07.

O'Hara had a few bad plays early on but he settled in. I stated before the game that the Eagles' game plan revolves around stopping our run.. and challenging Eli to beat them.. which he did this week. But the Giants HAVE to beat up the Eagles on the ground if they were to make mends for the disaster that is this past weekend.

IF we beat the Packers this weekend, then nothing can be sweeter than beating Philly in Philly during the playoffs... probably sweeter than beating the Boys in our run to the SB in 07.

Agree 100 %. It would certainly be a lot sweeter in my opinion, considering the Eagles haven't won a damn thing and the fan base is truly beginning to believe that Vick and the team they have right now is ready to win a Super Bowl. Destroying everything they hoped for would be one of the best things I have ever seen as a sports fan. I know the goal every year is to win a Super Bowl, but this past Sunday altered that a little bit for me. I need to see the Giants get another chance at this Eagle team. They have to get the monkey off their back and if the opportunity presents itself, they have to seize it.

Agree 100 %. It would certainly be a lot sweeter in my opinion, considering the Eagles haven't won a damn thing and the fan base is truly beginning to believe that Vick and the team they have right now is ready to win a Super Bowl. Destroying everything they hoped for would be one of the best things I have ever seen as a sports fan. I know the goal every year is to win a Super Bowl, but this past Sunday altered that a little bit for me. I need to see the Giants get another chance at this Eagle team. They have to get the monkey off their back and if the opportunity presents itself, they have to seize it.

Amen, the entire country saw and felt what us Giants fans went thru.. I think even some Eagles' fans felt bad for us.. but nothing and I mean nothing will be sweeter than take them out of the playoffs.. even if we lose the following week. Keeping the Eagles' trophy case at its current size is the goal here.

It all starts at Lambau (sp)... our playoffs just started 2 weeks early.

Vick is also not elite. Unless you listen to spew dripping out of every ESPN analysts mouth.

Exactly. Pressure him and he melts, unless you don't leave someone back to contain him, then you're screwed, as we found out...but he threw some pretty terrible incomplete passes. He's not an accurate passer.

...I can't kill anybody but the players not executing for this one. Only coaching blame could go to special teams not being ready for onside kick in obvious situation. But other than that, Manningham fumble, D losing contain on Vick over and over again, Phillps whiff on Celek. ….a tragic comedy of errors.

There should be an award for posts this out-fucking-standing. :TU:

Equally ridiculous. Wasn't TC who fumbled, whiffed on tackles or continually lost contain on Vick. Also wasn't him punting or going down to cover said punt. Tell me, was it TC's "fault" that they led 31-10 with 8:09 left in the game?

I'd love to know what was up like that. It really looked like they were doing it on purpose, like he was Phillip Rivers and they were going to tee off. I think I even commented on it mid-game in the gameday thread.

Phillips has been nothing but great for us. I'll give him a pass on that.

Terrell Thomas on the other hand, sucks. I hate that worthless fuck. Yeah, he's made a few picks awesome, but the guy cant tackle to save his life...and for that matter cover anyone.

Taking acid and watching football isn't a good combination. :P

If you start at the 8:19 disaster mark the Giants O used about 3 minutes of that. The Eagles basically scored 3 TDs in about 5 minutes. As you pointed out what exactly more could Gilbride have done? The O did just about everything they could to win the game. The only knock could be the drive starting at 1:19 but I am sure they didn't run because the score was now tied and with the Eagles O scoring at will I doubt the coaching staff was comfortable with overtime.

In finally reading this thread and combing over the game logs, I've realized the problem with Gilbride's play calling on Sunday... he clearly lost this game for the Giants because he didn't pass the ball enough in the 2nd half.