SportsWrath

Thank you Kevin Gillbride

Virginia Giant

Thank you for being the reason we lost this game...."Oh, the offense scored 31 points." Yeah, well, rfuck the 31 points, fuck the 4 TD's by Eli. This game should have never gtoten to be a close game. Gillbride was so concerned with putting up those big numbers he lost sight of the fact they had a big lead the whole second half. Instead of running the clock out with a 2 td lead he insisted on getting those big numbers for Eli.

39 pass attempts in a game the Giants never trailed. Digest that a moment. damn near 40 pass attempots in game the Giants led the entire way., and a 2 TD lead with about 7 minutes remaining in the game and they continue to throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball.

Fuck any of you who can defend this fucking clown, this is a game we should have won, this isn't on the D, this is on that grey headed fuck who is more concerned about offensive ranking than winning a game.

Fuck Kevin Gillbride.

i dont get how we weren't running on 1st down after the eagles pulled within 7. that's like football 101

Honestly, I probably would have gone for it on 4th and 1 in Eagles territory, you just had to know that their offense was on a roll and unstoppable at that point.

28 4th quarter points given up by the defense. Not the Gilbrite fault.

What was the 4th quarter Time Of Possession? I honestly don't know, but I'll garan0God damn-tee isn't wasn't good. I don't care if the runbning game wasn'rt that effective, run the ball 3 straight times and punt and keep the clock moving, incomplete passes stop the fucking clock, even with a TD mikxed in they gave the Eagles a half a quarter to play with and cost us the game.

But hey, a high offensive ranking means more than winning the god damned mother fuckjing game.

What was the 4th quarter Time Of Possession? I honestly don't know, but I'll garan0God damn-tee isn't wasn't good. I don't care if the runbning game wasn'rt that effective, run the ball 3 straight times and punt and keep the clock moving, incomplete passes stop the fucking clock, even with a TD mikxed in they gave the Eagles a half a quarter to play with and cost us the game.

But hey, a high offensive ranking means more than winning the god damned mother fuckjing game.

OK, let me see if I can put it in another way. I'm thinking...I'm thinking... Oh yeah, the Eagles score 28 points with 7 minutes left on the clock. Not the offense fault. ST and the defense can take credit for this one.

VG the only question I ask you is, when did we have the ball with 7 mins left?

We never had the ball with that much time left.

The Eagles after scoring did the onside kick that ate most of the clock up in the 4th.

Maybe I have my times mixed up, but we had the ball enough times in the 4th quarter to run the ball and kill the clock, but we kept throwing, stopping the clock.

Bottom line, I am not cool with how Gillbride handled the offense in the second half. The D played bad, the special teams played bad in the second half, but Gillbride could have run the clock out with a big lead but he chose to keep passing to put up those big offensive ranking numbers. This game is on him.

28 4th quarter points given up by the defense. Not the Gilbrite fault.

Exactly, the D let Vick break containment too much and when had a shot missed. The O did everything to win the game, it was just one of those bad halves that are hard to believe. Gilbride can't go out and tackle or not punt to Jackson. :furious:

OK, let me see if I can put it in another way. I'm thinking...I'm thinking... Oh yeah, the Eagles score 28 points with 7 minutes left on the clock. Not the offense fault. ST and the defense can take credit for this one.

The offense's inability to get a first down is just as much at fault for that.

And VG is saying that if you give the Eagles less time, which he is correct about, the Eagles don't win this game. The running game was getting stopped....in the FIRST HALF...in the second half the running game was doing well. There was no reason why we were throwing the ball while up as much as we did.

Exactly, the D let Vick break containment too much and when had a shot missed. The O did everything to win the game, it was just one of those bad halves that are hard to believe. Gilbride can't go out and tackle or not punt to Jackson. :furious:

No doubt the D blew the game, but we threw the ball 39 times in a game we never trailed, we gave the Eagles offense the time they needed. They are the leagues number one offense for a reason, and we kept giving the ball back with the time they needed to do damage. The D gets blame, but that was a fucking great offense out there today, they are going to get points if you keep giving them fucking ball back with time on the clock.

Maybe I have my times mixed up, but we had the ball enough times in the 4th quarter to run the ball and kill the clock, but we kept throwing, stopping the clock.

Bottom line, I am not cool with how Gillbride handled the offense in the second half. The D played bad, the special teams played bad in the second half, but Gillbride could have run the clock out with a big lead but he chose to keep passing to put up those big offensive ranking numbers. This game is on him.

We never did though VG.

We got the ball the first time in the first quarter with 14:37 in the quarter and ate up about 2mins. Philly got the ball back but it was the fuble by Jackson, we had the ball with 12:34 drove it down the field for a TD which took 4:17 off the clock. The Eagles got the ball back with 8 mins left, Philly then scored two TD in a row with the help of an onside kick. The Giants got the ball back with 5 mins on the clock however Philly had all three timeouts left and thanks to Diehl with the false start we were put into a 2 and 11. The Giants were able to eat up 2 mins of the clock but Philly got the ball back with 3 mins left and tied the game.

The Giants did have a chance with 5 mins left on the clock but due to a penalty which negated a 4 yard run we were in a 2nd and 11 which we ran one after for three years making it 3nd 8 then passed to try and pick up what we could.

You're reaching dude...

um..no im not. if we run, they either let us run the clock down or they waste a timeout--a timeout that they ended up using later on in the series. how can you even begin to refute that a run vs an incomplete pass isn't the difference between 12 seconds? we would've ended regulation with the ball.

everyone's to blame for this one, but gilbride did not call a good 2nd half and throwing on 1st down on that final drive is inexcusable

Thank you for being the reason we lost this game...."Oh, the offense scored 31 points." Yeah, well, rfuck the 31 points, fuck the 4 TD's by Eli. This game should have never gtoten to be a close game. Gillbride was so concerned with putting up those big numbers he lost sight of the fact they had a big lead the whole second half. Instead of running the clock out with a 2 td lead he insisted on getting those big numbers for Eli.

39 pass attempts in a game the Giants never trailed. Digest that a moment. damn near 40 pass attempots in game the Giants led the entire way., and a 2 TD lead with about 7 minutes remaining in the game and they continue to throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball.

Fuck any of you who can defend this fucking clown, this is a game we should have won, this isn't on the D, this is on that grey headed fuck who is more concerned about offensive ranking than winning a game.

Fuck Kevin Gillbride.

misdirected anger.

Atleast now some people can agree with me when Ive BEEN HARPING ABOUT THIS SHIT FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS!!! GILBRIDE IS A CUNT!! HE IN GENERAL IS A VERY UNINTELLIGENT PERSON!!! (Search my posts from that long back if you like). I DONT CARE IF THE OFFENSE SCORED A BUNCH OF POINTS!!! HE IS STILL A MORON BECAUSE HE DOESNT THINK!!! HE DOESNT REACT!!! HE IS A FUCK!!!! A PURE "FUCK"!! Assassinaton in order....seriously

Not at all, everyone looks at the 31 points, 7 happened in the second half, yet they kept throwing, eating up little time and giving the ball back to an offense everyone knows doesn't need much time anyway.

andy reid is not an idiot. neither is morningwig (sp)

Not at all, everyone looks at the 31 points, 7 happened in the second half, yet they kept throwing, eating up little time and giving the ball back to an offense everyone knows doesn't need much time anyway.

VG, do yourself a favor and look up a few posts.

We didnt "keep passing" in the second half, the Eagles ate up alot of clock with their offensive drives.

Fuck Kevin Gillbride.

Nonsense. Lets look at the drive charts and you tell me where you can kill Gillbride:

3RD QTR:

NYG @ own 41, 13:42, up 24-3:

1-10-NYG41(13:42) B.Jacobs right guard to NYG 42 for 1 yard (T.Cole, M.Fokou).

2-9-NYG42(13:10) (Shotgun) A.Bradshaw right tackle to 50 for 8 yards (J.Parker, Q.Mikell).

3-1-50(12:25) A.Bradshaw up the middle to NYG 49 for -1 yards (J.Parker, T.Cole).

4-2-NYG49(11:45) M.Dodge punts 43 yards to PHI 8, Center-Z.DeOssie, fair catch by J.Calvin

OK, so he tries 3 runs, and has a 3 & out.

NYG @ own 16, 5:50, up 24-3:

1-10-NYG16(5:50) A.Bradshaw right end to NYG 14 for -2 yards (K.Coleman).

2-12-NYG14(5:17) E.Manning pass short middle to M.Manningham to NYG 24 for 10 yards (J.Chaney) [T.Cole]. FUMBLES (J.Chaney), RECOVERED by PHI-M.Patterson at NYG 25. M.Patterson to NYG 25 for no gain (H.Nicks)

Run gets stuffed on first down, has 10 yards on the pass to Manningham, who fumbles, starting the collapse.

NYG @ own 34, 3:49, up 24-10:

1-10-NYG34(3:49) E.Manning pass incomplete short left to B.Jacobs.

2-10-NYG34(3:43) E.Manning pass short left to H.Nicks to NYG 45 for 11 yards (D.Patterson). PHI-E.Sims was injured during the play. PHI-K.Coleman was injured during the play.

1-10-NYG45(3:16) B.Jacobs up the middle to NYG 45 for no gain (A.Jordan, T.Cole).

2-10-NYG45(2:33) E.Manning pass incomplete short middle to B.Jacobs (E.Sims).

3-10-NYG45(2:23) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short middle to D.Hagan to PHI 46 for 9 yards (A.Samuel).

4-1-PHI46(1:48) M.Dodge punts 28 yards to PHI 18, Center-Z.DeOssie. J.Calvin to PHI 27 for 9 yards (B.Pascoe, P.Dillard)

The 1st down pass here was the bad, wide open drop by Jacobs. Would have been a 1st down. Then, a pass to Nicks gets a 1st down….on which Jacobs gets stuffed for no gain. An incomplete and a 9 yard completion force a punt. Don't see a big, game changing problem with the play selection here, it just didn't work.

4TH QTR

NYG @ Philly 47, 12:34, still up 24-10:

1-10-PHI47(12:34) B.Jacobs left end to PHI 42 for 5 yards (J.Chaney).

2-5-PHI42(11:54) E.Manning pass short left to K.Boss pushed ob at PHI 27 for 15 yards

(J.Chaney).

1-10-PHI27(11:43) B.Jacobs right guard to PHI 22 for 5 yards (K.Coleman).

2-5-PHI22(10:54) A.Bradshaw left end to PHI 19 for 3 yards (E.Sims).

3-2-PHI19

(10:14) (Shotgun) PENALTY on PHI-J.Chaney, Encroachment, 5 yards, enforced at PHI 19 - No Play.

1-10-PHI14(9:48) B.Jacobs left tackle to PHI 10 for 4 yards (E.Sims).

2-6-PHI10(9:06) B.Jacobs right guard to PHI 8 for 2 yards (M.Patterson).

3-4-PHI8(8:23) E.Manning pass short middle to K.Boss for 8 yards, TOUCHDOWN.L.Tynes extra point is GOOD, Center-Z.DeOssie, Holder-S.Rosenfels.

Five runs, including all three 1st down plays and two passes – one for 15 yards and a 1st down, the other for a TD. Not much to bitch about here.

Giants then give two TDs in 2 minutes – the Phillips whiff on Celek and the onside kick that caught them napping.

NYG @ own 35, 5:21, up 31-24:

1-10-NYG35(5:21) E.Manning pass short left to M.Manningham pushed ob at NYG 47 for 12 yards (D.Patterson).

1-10-NYG47(5:04) A.Bradshaw left tackle to PHI 46 for 7 yards (J.Chaney).

2-3-PHI46(4:25) A.Bradshaw left tackle to PHI 44 for 2 yards (M.Patterson, T.Cole).

3-1-PHI44(4:15) (Shotgun) A.Bradshaw right end to PHI 42 for 2 yards (A.Dixon).

1-10-PHI42(4:02) A.Bradshaw left end to PHI 38 for 4 yards (T.Cole).

2-6-PHI38

(3:56) PENALTY on NYG-D.Diehl, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at PHI 38 - No Play.2-11-PHI43(3:56) (Shotgun) A.Bradshaw right tackle to PHI 40 for 3 yards (M.Patterson, T.Cole).

3-8-PHI40(3:13) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass incomplete short left to D.Hagan.

4-8-PHI40(3:08) M.Dodge punts 28 yards to PHI 12, Center-Z.DeOssie, fair catch by J.Maclin.

Pass on 1st down was good for 12 yards. FIVE straight runs follow, including both 1st down plays, before an incomplete on 3rd & 8. Still don't see a problem with not running the ball here….

NYG @ own 36, 1:10, game tied, 31-31:

1-10-NYG36(1:10) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass incomplete short left to D.Hagan.

2-10-NYG36(1:06) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass incomplete deep middle to K.Boss.

3-10-NYG36(1:00) (Shotgun) E.Manning sacked at NYG 29 for -7 yards (T.Laws).

4-17-NYG29(:14) M.Dodge punts 36 yards to PHI 35, Center-Z.DeOssie. D.Jackson MUFFS catch, and recovers at PHI 35. D.Jackson for 65 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Game was tied at this point and we sure as hell didn't want OT, given the momentum was all Philly, so is this where you wanted to run the ball?

Sorry, VG, I know you're PO'd, as we all are but I can't kill anybody but the players not executing for this one. Only coaching blame could go to special teams not being ready for onside kick in obvious situation. But other than that, Manningham fumble, D losing contain on Vick over and over again, Phillps whiff on Celek. ….a tragic comedy of errors.

The Giants offense gave them a 21 point lead with 8 minutes left.

This loss was squarely on the defense and special teams.....they managed to mess up every way possible in order to lose a game that the offense had put away.

4 fucking TDs in 8 minutes......how the fuck is that Manning's fault?

If anything, the defense and special teams owe Eli an apology.

That's it....I'm done. I'm not eating the shit sandwich the Giants just served me today....and I sure as hell am not going to blame the guy who deserved to win today.

In the 29 minutes that we had the lead in the 2nd half, there were exactly THREE incomplete passes. There were two more after they tied it and desperation had set in but to that point, Eli was 6 for 9, 65 yards and a TD in the 2nd half. Running game got 45 yards on 15 carries in 2nd half BUT SEVEN of those 15 runs gained 2 yards or less. You telling me those three clock stoppages on the incompletes cost us the game? C'mon.