SportsWrath

Thank you Kevin Gillbride

Virginia Giant

Equally ridiculous. Wasn't TC who fumbled, whiffed on tackles or continually lost contain on Vick. Also wasn't him punting or going down to cover said punt. Tell me, was it TC's "fault" that they led 31-10 with 8:09 left in the game?

31 points at home should be enough to win a game. Its more than enough when the other team has 10 points with 8 minutes left. The defense disgraced themselves after putting a magnificent first half together. Im embarrassed as a fan and I am embarrassed for them. No amount of coaching was going to prevent what happened today. There comes a point where the players on the field have to step up and make a play and they didnt. Im going to leave it at that I know thats putting it simple but they ripped my heart out today and Im not in the mood to get into it any further right now.

What was the 4th quarter Time Of Possession? I honestly don't know, but I'll garan0God damn-tee isn't wasn't good. I don't care if the runbning game wasn'rt that effective, run the ball 3 straight times and punt and keep the clock moving, incomplete passes stop the fucking clock, even with a TD mikxed in they gave the Eagles a half a quarter to play with and cost us the game.

But hey, a high offensive ranking means more than winning the god damned mother fuckjing game.

so simple. finally lose a game, the gilbride threads come out...the dog loves it. they didn't run well, which is why they didn't run. if they ran 3 times and punted each time out, you would be leading the charge to kill gillbride for being predictable and boring. too funny. this game was the result of a better team finding a way to win. by the way, the elite QB should have been able to get that last 30 yards or so and kick that game winning field goal...instead, three passes resulting in two incompletes and a sack. punt. weak special teams. this following a defensive collapse in the fourth quarter. game over. this was an entire team loss...least of all on gillbride.

The special teams got completely fucking pantsed, twice....that undefended onside kick was inexcusable.....that line drive punt to the most dangerous dude on the Eagles was Dodge at his very worst.

Ross losing contain, Phillips whiffing on Celek.....the list of bonehead mistakes in the 4th quarter by the D/ST blows doors on any faults by the offense.

31 points, 4 TDs by Manning.....should have been more than enough with 8 minutes left in the game.

If I'm going to fault the offense at all, it's that O'Hara wasn't 100%, and they should have run Jacobs up the gut more.....and Manningham had that one fumble.

But again, 31 points, 4 TDs, and a 21 point lead with 8 minutes on the clock.

This was 99% on the Defense and Special Teams.

I promised myself I wouldn't talk about this game anymore. I'm done.

I'm going to fault the offense a little bit and say that a couple first downs in the 3rd and 4th quarter would have gone a long way to helping win the game. They were anemic in the second half.

so simple. finally lose a game, the gilbride threads come out...the dog loves it. they didn't run well, which is why they didn't run. if they ran 3 times and punted each time out, you would be leading the charge to kill gillbride for being predictable and boring. too funny. this game was the result of a better team finding a way to win. by the way, the elite QB should have been able to get that last 30 yards or so and kick that game winning field goal...instead, three passes resulting in two incompletes and a sack. punt. weak special teams. this following a defensive collapse in the fourth quarter. game over. this was an entire team loss...least of all on gillbride.

Number one. Fuck you, I think the only times I've even commented on Gillbride this year is the 2 or 3 times I've complimented him, and I've been calling for his head for a few years now. And there have been games where he has deserved it but I have been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Today is a perfect example of Gillfuck apologists who see the big numbers instead of realizing you eat the clock with the running game. Once more, we threw the ball in a game we never trailed. Maybe the running game wasn't working, but we didn't start scoring points until we started running. The first 2 drives we threw 6 times and ran twice. We were always in 3rd and long and Eli is the one who got us out of it. You run the ball in a game your winning, working or not (and it started working in the 3rd quarter), you pound the ball with one of the leagues best running attacks and you keep pounding it with a 14 fucking point lead and then you pound it some more.

Number two. The 4th quarter with a 2 td lead should have been run, run, pas, punt every fucking time.

Number 3. Who has even mentioned Eli really? Thats a shot at him in a thread that nobody was riding Eli's jock, in a game where he played at an elite level, your fucking retarded to even mention that.

This has nothing to do with the Eagles being better, this game was an offense that didn't kill any clock when they had the chance and a defense that forgot how to play and a special teams that remembered they sucked.

Number one. Fuck you, I think the only times I've even commented on Gillbride this year is the 2 or 3 times I've complimented him, and I've been calling for his head for a few years now. And there have been games where he has deserved it but I have been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Today is a perfect example of Gillfuck apologists who see the big numbers instead of realizing you eat the clock with the running game. Once more, we threw the ball in a game we never trailed. Maybe the running game wasn't working, but we didn't start scoring points until we started running. The first 2 drives we threw 6 times and ran twice. We were always in 3rd and long and Eli is the one who got us out of it. You run the ball in a game your winning, working or not (and it started working in the 3rd quarter), you pound the ball with one of the leagues best running attacks and you keep pounding it with a 14 fucking point lead and then you pound it some more.

Number two. The 4th quarter with a 2 td lead should have been run, run, pas, punt every fucking time.

Number 3. Who has even mentioned Eli really? Thats a shot at him in a thread that nobody was riding Eli's jock, in a game where he played at an elite level, your fucking retarded to even mention that.

This has nothing to do with the Eagles being better, this game was an offense that didn't kill any clock when they had the chance and a defense that forgot how to play and a special teams that remembered they sucked.

Please check the drive charts I copied earlier in this thread. There were three incomplete passes the whole 2nd half. I'm curious which one you think lost us the game? We ran 15 times for 45 yards in the 2nd half, including three runs (and a punt) on our first possession. And of those 15 runs, seven went for 2 yards or less. If any coach screwed up, it's the special teams guy - we were totally caught off guard by the onside kick, despite it being an likely (if not obvious) onside situation!

it's ok virginia giant...it is just a football game. the dog is pretty sure life will continue as usual come tomorrow. to blame gillbride for this debacle is utter stupidity. the dog rarely comes out and says anything to that degree, but here it is: BLAMING GILLBRIDE IS IGNORANT AND STUPID. does the dog even have to defend it? no. and yes, bringing up the elite QB is part of the whole "this was an entire team loss including the so-called elite QB and the defense and the special teams" and gillbride is the least of the blame...his offense put up large big points and big numbers. this collapse is on everyone. you can't wrap your simple brain around it, so be it. the dog finds that comical. run, run pass punt...too funny. the dog wonders, before making other dynamic arguments, first please enlighten everyone to all of the coaching experience you have so that we can all bask in the glory of lombardi Jr (just be sure to leave out the playstation madden and nintendo tecmo bowl years when reporting your coaching experience, unless of course, as the dog suspects, it will leave your resume blank...)...ha ha ha ha...VG feels 3 and out each second half possession is the way too hang on to a win...ha ha ha ha ha....woo!

it's ok virginia giant...it is just a football game. the dog is pretty sure life will continue as usual come tomorrow. to blame gillbride for this debacle is utter stupidity. the dog rarely comes out and says anything to that degree, but here it is: BLAMING GILLBRIDE IS IGNORANT AND STUPID. does the dog even have to defend it? no. and yes, bringing up the elite QB is part of the whole "this was an entire team loss including the so-called elite QB and the defense and the special teams" and gillbride is the least of the blame...his offense put up large big points and big numbers. this collapse is on everyone. you can't wrap your simple brain around it, so be it. the dog finds that comical. run, run pass punt...too funny. the dog wonders, before making other dynamic arguments, first please enlighten everyone to all of the coaching experience you have so that we can all bask in the glory of lombardi Jr (just be sure to leave out the playstation madden and nintendo tecmo bowl years when reporting your coaching experience, unless of course, as the dog suspects, it will leave your resume blank...)...ha ha ha ha...VG feels 3 and out each second half possession is the way too hang on to a win...ha ha ha ha ha....woo!

I know I don't even have to state this because you know what he meant and you're just being a dick, but obviously, he meant running twice in a row, getting to 3rd and short and THEN passing. Not necessarily 3 and outs, just waste time and put yourself in manageable 3rd downs, more than likely making a few here in there instead of the 1 first down (I think) we picked up in the 4th quarter.

Is this a serious fucking thread?

Why don't I see a "Thank you Perry Fewell for losing this game." thread.

Fewell's gameplan was solid. It was the execution that was lousy. Mostly in the second half.

Is this a serious fucking thread?

Why don't I see a "Thank you Perry Fewell for losing this game." thread.

the dog is pretty sure this kind of forward thinking is frowned upon in these parts. blame the assistant coach that schemed his way to 31 points and ignore the 28 points in 7 minutes that were given up on the other side of the ball...that is, um, intelligent.

Right, so blitzing one guy on the left and none on the right made total fucking sense. Did Vick run to the right at all during the game?

Nope.

Because Fewell took control of Aaron Ross's body, Madden style, and had him cut under the offensive tackle when he had contain on Vick. That was the ballgame, right there.

Because Fewell took control of Aaron Ross's body, Madden style, and had him cut under the offensive tackle when he had contain on Vick. That was the ballgame, right there.

We all know that Vick isn't a very good runner when he has to roll to his right hand side. Why on earth Fewell wouldn't blitz from his blind side is incomprehensible.

Oh and what the FUCK is Justin Tuck doing 30 yards down field on a bracket coverage with Kenny Phillips on Brent Celek.

Must be Gilbride's fault too....

Equally ridiculous. Wasn't TC who fumbled, whiffed on tackles or continually lost contain on Vick. Also wasn't him punting or going down to cover said punt. Tell me, was it TC's "fault" that they led 31-10 with 8:09 left in the game?

You want me tell you if was his fault they were up 31-10, whatever that means.. Okay, yeah it was his "fault".

This team totally lost the plot down the stretch and as the head coach he needed to right the ship, either get in Gilbride's ear or Fewell's. Instead, Tom once again is waving his fucking arms in the air trying to get the crowd into the game. meanwhile Reid is overthere calling fucking onside kicks, which mind you he's done before.

And going back to the crowd thing. Please Giants Organization, stop trying this bullshit everytime a big game comes to town or bascially chastising your fans by not getting loud at games. If the crowd wants to come to the stadium and hold a prayer service, let them. You just asked them this year to shell out thousands to own the seat, which means they now actually have more right than ever to do what the fuck they want?

those guys on defense just look like different players sometimes. i mean i know vick is a tough to sack and even tougher in the open field thats understandable but brent celek should never get a 65 yard TD. the missed tackles were really frustrating and deon grant's missed sack on vick was really bad cuz vick was stuck where he was and all he could do was duck and it still worked

We all know that Vick isn't a very good runner when he has to roll to his right hand side. Why on earth Fewell wouldn't blitz from his blind side is incomprehensible.

Oh and what the FUCK is Justin Tuck doing 30 yards down field on a bracket coverage with Kenny Phillips on Brent Celek.

Must be Gilbride's fault too....

Hey, I'm not saying it's all Gilbride's fault but the second half offense was anemic. We needed to continue to keep the Eagles off the field like we had been and they literally could not pick up first downs. Instead we gave them good field position on a fumble and failed to extend any other drive other than after the Desean Jackson gimme. The offense didn't get it done just as much as the defense didn't.

And blitzing from the left would be blitzing from Vick's blind side.....he's a lefty....

Hey, I'm not saying it's all Gilbride's fault but the second half offense was anemic. We needed to continue to keep the Eagles off the field like we had been and they literally could not pick up first downs. Instead we gave them good field position on a fumble and failed to extend any other drive other than after the Desean Jackson gimme. The offense didn't get it done just as much as the defense didn't.

And blitzing from the left would be blitzing from Vick's blind side.....he's a lefty....

If you blitz from the right...it's Vick's blind side....

You want me tell you if was his fault they were up 31-10, whatever that means.. Okay, yeah it was his "fault".

This team totally lost the plot down the stretch and as the head coach he needed to right the ship, either get in Gilbride's ear or Fewell's. Instead, Tom once again is waving his fucking arms in the air trying to get the crowd into the game. meanwhile Reid is overthere calling fucking onside kicks, which mind you he's done before.

And going back to the crowd thing. Please Giants Organization, stop trying this bullshit everytime a big game comes to town or bascially chastising your fans by not getting loud at games. If the crowd wants to come to the stadium and hold a prayer service, let them. You just asked them this year to shell out thousands to own the seat, which means they now actually have more right than ever to do what the fuck they want?

yeah I'm sick of that shit too....I have watched enough collapses over the years to sit on my hands if I fucking feel like it. Do cheers drown out the jeers on the road...no...so fucking deal with it at home. You have an older fan base....you often find ways to lose wrapped up games....and you charge PSL's ...nothing more need be said.

If you blitz from the right...it's Vick's blind side....

I think you're getting your left and right confused....unless you're going from Vick's perspective. I'm going by the Giants perspective and they were blitzing him from the LEFT.

Like I said, Fewell certainly didn't tell these guys to stop containing Vick, they did that on their own. Like someone said, it was almost like they were so anxious to get to the quarterback, they effectively sabotaged their own defense.