SportsWrath

Thank you Kevin Gillbride

Virginia Giant

I agree with you on the defense, but also have to realize the Eagles are the best at quick strike scoring.

Again, to hell with the last td to Boss, we didn't need it, there were seconds on the clock when we punted the final times, if you run an offense like you have a two td lead at home in the 4th quarter we win the game, it really is that simple. All those incomplete passes or the completed passes that ended with the receiver going out of bounds kept way too much time on the clock for a team that makes it's living scoring quickly.

All sides of the team ble4w it, but if Gillbride wouldn't have been so concerned with his offensive ranking we would have run the damn clock out and won the game.

Apparently, we needed the Boss score, and one or two others. Otherwise, we wouldn't be debating this.

Furthermore, if you are playing a team that can score anywhere at anytime, why would you want to go into an offensive shell? They just showed us that a 21 point lead, let alone a 14 point lead is relatively meaningless. You have to continue to try to score on every possession, just to keep pressure on that offense.

Apparently, we needed the Boss score, and one or two others. Otherwise, we wouldn't be debating this.

Furthermore, if you are playing a team that can score anywhere at anytime, why would you want to go into an offensive shell? They just showed us that a 21 point lead, let alone a 14 point lead is relatively meaningless. You have to continue to try to score on every possession, just to keep pressure on that offense.

You run the ball, keep the clock moving, even if you have to punt. They ran the ball a few times, got a few first downs, ad the thing that kills me is the passes to the sidelines to stop the clock. The running game wasn't that ineffective, we were getting some good runs but we were passing on first down a few times. passing on 2nd and 5, throwing it to the sidelines, throwing it 20 yards downfield. A more deliberate offense focusing on the running game, the power running game instead of shot gun draws and shotgun sweeps or whatever the hell they were doing, we win that game, no question. We stopped the clock way too many times playing with a good lead, we had one drive in the entire second half that took more than 2 and a half minutes off the clock

We ran the exact same number of times in the second half as we did the first, playing with a big lead. That just doesn't compute for me.

Preach on brother VG, preach on. Gilbride totally fucked this game in the ass. Between the pass happy shit and the amount of running plays out of the shotgun, I've had it. I hope Gilbride drops dead

Yeah, whatever...stop being such a fucking idiot and LAY SOME FUCKING BLAME ON PERRY FEWELL.

Score 31 points and LOSE. That's pathetic.

Maybe I attended the wrong game, but this wasn't Gilbride's fault at all.

This is just nitpicking, but here is an issue I had with the offense toward the end:

2nd and 6 from the 38....... Diehl jumps offsides. Should have just hiked the damn ball on a simple draw play....instead, it's 20 seconds of fucking pussy-footing after the lineman were down in stance. Dumb.

Next play....sack.

Here's what should have happened:

2nd and 6 from the 38......run Jacobs.

3rd and whatever.....run Jacobs.

4th and whatever......try to draw them offsides, call a timeout with :01 on the clock, and then decide to go, punt, of try a FG depending on distance and weather. Frankly, I fucking HATE punting inside an opponent's 40.

Instead it was penalty, sack, punt......aside from Manningham's fumble, that was the worst series of the 2nd half.

The defense didn't have to "rise" to anything--they could have let them score on every possession in the fourth quarter. They just had to prevent them from gaining 10-20 yards at a clip. Or worse, as it turns out. You have the opponent back at the 20 or less, there's no reason that your defense can't make them chew up 6 minutes per score. That opportunity was there, and they failed. Clock management goes for both sides of the ball.

And this whole passing argument becomes moot when one considers that one of the 9 passing plays was a touchdown strike to Kevin Boss, further padding a very defensible score.

agreed...but the dog is saying, in a game like this, against a division roval with the division on the line, you need your defense to make one stop. that's it. one stop. force a punt after the onside kick. rise to the occassion, and nobody is discussing this (in fact, make one stop, and nobody here, and the dog means nobody, is doing anything more than praising gillbride for putting an offensive scheme on the field that rolled up over 400 yards and 31 points. great defenses rise to that occassion. the dog thinks the giants have a good defense obviously, but they did not make it happen yesterday.

So, 4 TDs and 31 points.....a 21 point lead late in the 4th quarter.....is an indictment of Eli Manning?

Honestly Dog, you cannot be serious here.

no more ridiculous than you calling his company elite when he started his 100th straight game and you quoted him with the likes of joe fergusen...your definition of elite continues to be flawed. if john elway or joe montana are on the field in giant blue, and they take over at the 40 having a full compliment of time outs, over a minute, and in need of only a field goal, 99 times out of 100 that game ends positively in regulation. those are elite. to call eli elite is an insult to those players. and yes, it is fitting here. he played very well. but if someone is going to start the blame gillbride thread, why not put some on the million dollar baby QB to make it happen in the end? the dog doesn't care if he has made last minute comebacks in week 5 against the mediocre broncos...do it here. he has shown he can, a la the super bowl, but not as often as everyone thinks.

and it is funny that everyone will trash gillbride in games like these, but when arguing in favor of eli, they will talk about his superior intelligence and ability to call plays at the line like his brother...so why, if gillbride is so poor and eli so elite does this argument continue? change the plays oh brilliant QB...change the plays...

The Giants weakness against the Eagles (aka Our Daddy) is the Eagles are more athletic. Through the years, there has been athletes that beat us

by making big plays. Maybe athletic is not the word, they have more star players.

Cunningham, Mcnabb, Westbrook, and now Michael Vick and DeSean Jackson-who will be a thorn in our side for many years to come.

I don't think the Giants have had an answer for that since Tiki Barber left. He was our Eagles killer.

Yeah, whatever...stop being such a fucking idiot and LAY SOME FUCKING BLAME ON PERRY FEWELL.

Score 31 points and LOSE. That's pathetic.

Maybe I attended the wrong game, but this wasn't Gilbride's fault at all.

I laid blame on the D in the stupid blame everything of Dodge thread you inbred douchenozzle

So, let me get this straight... You have no problem with Gilbride constantly calling run plays out of the shotgun and getting pass happy when we should have been running out the clock? Joe's post is a prime example of the crap Gilbride pulled in the 4th.

I laid blame on the D in the stupid blame everything of Dodge thread you inbred douchenozzle

So, let me get this straight... You have no problem with Gilbride constantly calling run plays out of the shotgun and getting pass happy when we should have been running out the clock? Joe's post is a prime example of the crap Gilbride pulled in the 4th.

Echo, to be fair the Eagles once again shut down our running game.. and they were even more successful when they knew we were going to run. The passing game worked great... the fumble by Manningham started a series of events that tortured all of us. Do I blame Dodge? Not really... He's not good but it's not like he did shit on purpose.. he's been fairly solid the last few games.

So start with that fumble.. then hour D gave up huge plays... and I don't buy that the STs were told to look out for the on-side... the way they ALL ran back meant none of them had a clue... Then blame Ross for not containing Vick.. lack of discipline. Then blame the STs again for allowing the punt return.. i mean god.

playing safe gets you hurt by explosive teams. you have to stay aggressive. it worked for the most part, because, the defense was doing their job. then the defense goes south, and the game goes south. the dog agrees with joe's sequence only when talking about the final drive. other than that, stay aggressive against a team that puts up points in a hurry. the run game had been overall ineffective in the second half. maybe gillbride was recalling the playoff game against the eagles two years ago when big bad jacobs had two opportunities to get a yard and couldn't...maybe he didn't want to get conservative because he knew the game was never safe. blaming him for this loss is so off and absent of logic it is laughable. make a stop oh gods of the front four. make a tackle on a lumbering TE all star safety that has yet to earn your keep. make a play with a minute to go and 30 yards to get oh elite QB second to none...learn to play special teams super bowl contender, toast of the NFC...etc...etc...enough blame to go around. beat the packers, and it won't matter.

no more ridiculous than you calling his company elite when he started his 100th straight game and you quoted him with the likes of joe fergusen...your definition of elite continues to be flawed. if john elway or joe montana are on the field in giant blue, and they take over at the 40 having a full compliment of time outs, over a minute, and in need of only a field goal, 99 times out of 100 that game ends positively in regulation. those are elite. to call eli elite is an insult to those players. and yes, it is fitting here. he played very well. but if someone is going to start the blame gillbride thread, why not put some on the million dollar baby QB to make it happen in the end? the dog doesn't care if he has made last minute comebacks in week 5 against the mediocre broncos...do it here. he has shown he can, a la the super bowl, but not as often as everyone thinks.

and it is funny that everyone will trash gillbride in games like these, but when arguing in favor of eli, they will talk about his superior intelligence and ability to call plays at the line like his brother...so why, if gillbride is so poor and eli so elite does this argument continue? change the plays oh brilliant QB...change the plays...

Dog, please, if you want to revisit some of my other posts, the place to do that is other threads, where context can be drawn.

This Sunday, Eli performed like an elite QB......he took apart a good Eagles team in what was his biggest game of the season......4TD, 31 points....his only mistake was an INT off a flukey tipped pass. When he hit Boss for his 4th TD, that should have sealed it.

If you want to say Eli didn't have an elite game, please, present your evidence. Tell me how 4 TDs and 31 points is somehow mediocre. Seriously, I'm waiting for your breakdown on Eli's game.

As I see it, he had a great day.....his only fault was being surrounded by fucking morons.

Dog, please, if you want to revisit some of my other posts, the place to do that is other threads, where context can be drawn.

This Sunday, Eli performed like an elite QB......he took apart a good Eagles team in what was his biggest game of the season......4TD, 31 points....his only mistake was an INT off a flukey tipped pass. When he hit Boss for his 4th TD, that should have sealed it.

If you want to say Eli didn't have an elite game, please, present your evidence. Tell me how 4 TDs and 31 points is somehow mediocre. Seriously, I'm waiting for your breakdown on Eli's game.

As I see it, he had a great day.....his only fault was being surrounded by fucking morons.

he performed well. but here's the thing mrs. manning. he was playing against the 21st ranked pass defense in the league. the dog would deduce that puts the eagles pass defense in the bottom third of the league. you want to say he played well. go ahead. don't make it sound like he dismantled the best defense in the league. the dog never said he performed in a mediocre fashion, but certainly not elite. he had the perfect opprtunity to get his team in position to win in the end despite all of the other garbage. incomplete. incomplete. sack. he is a solid qb who had a good game. an elite qb will get them 30 yards in one minute for a field goal opportunity. step back and look objectively. that's all...the dog however won't disagree about your last statement.

Echo, to be fair the Eagles once again shut down our running game.. and they were even more successful when they knew we were going to run. The passing game worked great... the fumble by Manningham started a series of events that tortured all of us. Do I blame Dodge? Not really... He's not good but it's not like he did shit on purpose.. he's been fairly solid the last few games.

So start with that fumble.. then hour D gave up huge plays... and I don't buy that the STs were told to look out for the on-side... the way they ALL ran back meant none of them had a clue... Then blame Ross for not containing Vick.. lack of discipline. Then blame the STs again for allowing the punt return.. i mean god.

On the td to boss drive they lined up in normal offenses and ran the ball 5 times (out of 7 plays) for 19 yards. It was the only drive that took longer than 2 and a half minutes in the second half. The rest of the time we were running out of shotgun, chucking it down the sidelines and stopping the clock.

Again, there were second on the clock when we punted, if we line up and run the ball and drop all the cuteness we win the game.

On the td to boss drive they lined up in normal offenses and ran the ball 5 times (out of 7 plays) for 19 yards. It was the only drive that took longer than 2 and a half minutes in the second half. The rest of the time we were running out of shotgun, chucking it down the sidelines and stopping the clock.

Again, there were second on the clock when we punted, if we line up and run the ball and drop all the cuteness we win the game.

exactly. 14 seconds is all we needed to force overtime. Thats one friggen run play.

Thank you for being the reason we lost this game...."Oh, the offense scored 31 points." Yeah, well, rfuck the 31 points, fuck the 4 TD's by Eli. This game should have never gtoten to be a close game. Gillbride was so concerned with putting up those big numbers he lost sight of the fact they had a big lead the whole second half. Instead of running the clock out with a 2 td lead he insisted on getting those big numbers for Eli.

39 pass attempts in a game the Giants never trailed. Digest that a moment. damn near 40 pass attempots in game the Giants led the entire way., and a 2 TD lead with about 7 minutes remaining in the game and they continue to throw the ball, throw the ball, throw the ball.

Fuck any of you who can defend this fucking clown, this is a game we should have won, this isn't on the D, this is on that grey headed fuck who is more concerned about offensive ranking than winning a game.

Fuck Kevin Gillbride.

[/quote

did you notice Coughlin took Gilbride's winning combination OLine away from him

Guys I know we are all incredibly frustrated and angry. Ive never been embarrassed to be a fan of a team I root for and yesterday did that to me. I cannot blame Gilbride Coughlin or even Fewell for this. It comes down to the guys on the field stepping up and making plays. We can dissect this forever but we literally needed one big play from anyone on the team. Whether it be a first down from one of our backs a big catch for a first down or a sack by the defense. 31 points is a great offensive day and it`s obvious the defense took their foot off the gas and gave the game up but if someone makes one single play in those final 8 minutes the Giants win. Not one player did that.

32 runs for 100 yards.

Yeah, let's do something that clearly only worked in spurts for 7 to 9 yards at certain points in the game.

Dickhead.

32 runs for 100 yards.

Yeah, let's do something that clearly only worked in spurts for 7 to 9 yards at certain points in the game.

Dickhead.

3 run plays= 2:06+ whatever time the run took.

Look, Gillbride did a hell of good play calling to get us 31 points, but in the end when you're up by 21 late, you gotta slow down the game. I don't now the stats of how many possessions we had in the 4th with 10 minutes to go, so I'm gonna guess around 3. That's at least 6:18+the play time even if they go for losses. Thats a nice chunk taken away. They were out of time outs early. It should be clear that's what needs to happen. Unless the Gil knew they were gonna change up the defense and fuck over whats working, that's the only excuse and maybe he panicked and thought we need to put the petal down of floor.

In the end, after they tied it, there was 14 seconds left. Like I mentioned earlier...that's 1 more run play. Hell Eli could have even taken the sack on the play when our recievers didnt break and that was the 14 seconds we needed.

So Rob all I gotta say is, the old douche bag in our row near the bench yelling "Hey Gilbride...YOU SUCK!" every 3 minutes, 40 times, is really having a tough time now. lol

he performed well. but here's the thing mrs. manning. he was playing against the 21st ranked pass defense in the league. the dog would deduce that puts the eagles pass defense in the bottom third of the league. you want to say he played well. go ahead. don't make it sound like he dismantled the best defense in the league. the dog never said he performed in a mediocre fashion, but certainly not elite. he had the perfect opprtunity to get his team in position to win in the end despite all of the other garbage. incomplete. incomplete. sack. he is a solid qb who had a good game. an elite qb will get them 30 yards in one minute for a field goal opportunity. step back and look objectively. that's all...the dog however won't disagree about your last statement.

Actually, I completely agree with this assessment. Eli Manning played awful on that last possession and the blame for that series can be laid at his feet. Two forced passes that weren't even close and then the sack where he should have just gotten rid of the ball, incomplete or not, to retain the field position.

Anyone who says Eli is an elite QB has a fly pair of homer goggles on. He's a quality good, maybe great QB but elite he is not. Elite QBs dont dive head first when no one is around him and cough the ball up. He's dont that twice in consecutive seasons. Both against the Eagles. I cant count how many times he either throws a ball 3 inches out of the receiver's reach, throws it at their feet, or just throws a duck from time to time.

Good quality QB...not elite.

we are extremely athletic, but the athletic guys are not used on special teams

did anyone besides me notice Dodge walking around in a nervous fog before the final punt rather than calmly standing back at his spot as Feagles would have, lining up his out of bounds kick

he looked EXTREMELY nervous......and I remarked on t before he kicked the ball :confused:

Anyone who says Eli is an elite QB has a fly pair of homer goggles on. He's a quality good, maybe great QB but elite he is not. Elite QBs dont dive head first when no one is around him and cough the ball up. He's dont that twice in consecutive seasons. Both against the Eagles. I cant count how many times he either throws a ball 3 inches out of the receiver's reach, throws it at their feet, or just throws a duck from time to time.

Good quality QB...not elite.

Vick made a few awkward head first funky slides yesterday, but he didn't cough up the ball.

Hate to say this, Joe, but I have to agree with dog on this game. He had a very good game, but when push came to shove, he didn't get it done this time.

I'm not coming close to blaming Manning for the loss, and he's done it in the past, but it didn't happen yesterday.

You run the ball, keep the clock moving, even if you have to punt. They ran the ball a few times, got a few first downs, ad the thing that kills me is the passes to the sidelines to stop the clock. The running game wasn't that ineffective, we were getting some good runs but we were passing on first down a few times. passing on 2nd and 5, throwing it to the sidelines, throwing it 20 yards downfield. A more deliberate offense focusing on the running game, the power running game instead of shot gun draws and shotgun sweeps or whatever the hell they were doing, we win that game, no question. We stopped the clock way too many times playing with a good lead, we had one drive in the entire second half that took more than 2 and a half minutes off the clock

We ran the exact same number of times in the second half as we did the first, playing with a big lead. That just doesn't compute for me.

I'm going to use information from one of your earlier posts:

4th quarter

New York Giants at 14:37 PHI NYG

1st and 10 at NYG 13 E.Manning pass short middle to K.Boss to NYG 49 for 36 yards (M.Fokou). ----Our first possession of the 4th quarter we come out throwing the ball with a 2 td lead, even if it did work.

1st and 10 at NYG 49 A.Bradshaw right guard to PHI 46 for 5 yards (J.Chaney, T.Cole).

2nd and 5 at PHI 46 E.Manning pass incomplete short left to M.Manningham (M.Fokou). ------2nd and 5 and they throw for a incompletion

3rd and 5 at PHI 46 (Shotgun) E.Manning pass incomplete deep right. ----another incompletion.

4th and 5 at PHI 46 M.Dodge punts 46 yards to end zone, Center-Z.DeOssie, Touchback.

DRIVE TOTALS: PHI 10, NYG 24, 4 plays, 41 yards, 1:49 elapsed----under 2 minutes taken off the clock with our first possession in the 4th quarter with a 2 td lead at home.

New York Giants at 12:34 PHI NYG

1st and 10 at PHI 47 B.Jacobs left end to PHI 42 for 5 yards (J.Chaney).

2nd and 5 at PHI 42 E.Manning pass short left to K.Boss pushed ob at PHI 27 for 15 yards (J.Chaney).----, clock is sdtopped as Boss goes out of bounds-2nd and 5 and we're throwing

1st and 10 at PHI 27 B.Jacobs right guard to PHI 22 for 5 yards (K.Coleman).

2nd and 5 at PHI 22 A.Bradshaw left end to PHI 19 for 3 yards (E.Sims).

1st and 10 at PHI 14 B.Jacobs left tackle to PHI 10 for 4 yards (E.Sims).

2nd and 6 at PHI 10 B.Jacobs right guard to PHI 8 for 2 yards (M.Patterson).

3rd and 4 at PHI 8 E.Manning pass short middle to K.Boss for 8 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 10 30

L.Tynes extra point is GOOD, Center-Z.DeOssie, Holder-S.Rosenfels. 10 31

L.Tynes kicks 62 yards from NYG 30 to PHI 8. J.Calvin to PHI 25 for 17 yards (D.Calhoun, J.Goff).

DRIVE TOTALS: PHI 10, NYG 31, 7 plays, 42 yards, 4:17 elapsed

New York Giants at 5:28 PHI NYG

1st and 10 at NYG 35 E.Manning pass short left to M.Manningham pushed ob at NYG 47 for 12 yards (D.Patterson). - 5 and a half minutes remain still leading and they start the drive with a pass, clok stops as MM is pushed out of bounds.

1st and 10 at NYG 47 A.Bradshaw left tackle to PHI 46 for 7 yards (J.Chaney).

2nd and 3 at PHI 46 A.Bradshaw left tackle to PHI 44 for 2 yards (M.Patterson, T.Cole).

Timeout #1 by PHI at 04:15.

3rd and 1 at PHI 44 (Shotgun) A.Bradshaw right end to PHI 42 for 2 yards (A.Dixon).

Timeout #2 by PHI at 04:02.

1st and 10 at PHI 42 A.Bradshaw left end to PHI 38 for 4 yards (T.Cole).

Timeout #3 by PHI at 03:56.

2nd and 11 at PHI 43 (Shotgun) A.Bradshaw right tackle to PHI 40 for 3 yards (M.Patterson, T.Cole). ----was this that goofy shotgun sweep thing they ran? Lin up in I formation and pound the damn ball, too fucking cute.

3rd and 8 at PHI 40 (Shotgun) E.Manning pass incomplete short left to D.Hagan.---why are they even trying to convert the 3rd down, run, get a yard or two, you are styill going to pin them deep. Uneccessary clock stoppage.

4th and 8 at PHI 40 M.Dodge punts 28 yards to PHI 12, Center-Z.DeOssie, fair catch by J.Maclin.

DRIVE TOTALS: PHI 24, NYG 31, 7 plays, 30 yards, 2:27 elapsed -----2 and half minutes off the clock in a drive where they got 2 first downs.

1:49, 4:17, 2:27.

8:33 of total possession in the 4th quarter, not even including the series after the game was tied. A Touchdown giving a 21 point cushion with eight and a half minutes to play. Ball turned over to the Eagles no closer than the Eagles 25--in fact, they had to start as far back as the 12 yard line. So, leaving the defense with nice long fields, an additional touchdown, and only 6:27 on the clock to keep the Eagles from scoring 21 points isn't enough? Gilbride had to do more?

Then I have to think Fewell isn't the guy.

I'm going to use information from one of your earlier posts:

1:49, 4:17, 2:27.

8:33 of total possession in the 4th quarter, not even including the series after the game was tied. A Touchdown giving a 21 point cushion with eight and a half minutes to play. Ball turned over to the Eagles no closer than the Eagles 25--in fact, they had to start as far back as the 12 yard line. So, leaving the defense with nice long fields, an additional touchdown, and only 6:27 on the clock to keep the Eagles from scoring 21 points isn't enough? Gilbride had to do more?

Then I have to think Fewell isn't the guy.

If you start at the 8:19 disaster mark the Giants O used about 3 minutes of that. The Eagles basically scored 3 TDs in about 5 minutes. As you pointed out what exactly more could Gilbride have done? The O did just about everything they could to win the game. The only knock could be the drive starting at 1:19 but I am sure they didn't run because the score was now tied and with the Eagles O scoring at will I doubt the coaching staff was comfortable with overtime.