SportsWrath

So, do you think Jerry Jones makes a run at Fewell???

JMFP

You've got to think Wade Phillips is done.....and if the Giants defense continues to play the way it's playing, Fewell could be 1 and done with the Giants.

You think Jerry will be thinking about what Fewell could accomplish in Dallas?

I don't know. With Spags - it was either him or our talent. He got a lot of the benefit. With Fewell, we've had continued success. Could be that it's been proven to be our talent...thereby giving less credit to the DC.

I'm thinking Fewell may stick for at least a 2nd year.

Wy does everybody steal our D-cooridnators? Pittsburgh has one that has been there for how long? Go after him.

LeBeau made it quite clear to the league he has zero interest in being a head coach even before his two year HC job with the Bengals, Dick is one of the few coaches who knows what he is good at.

Fewell got a taste of being a HC in Buffalo and my guess is he's going to want another shot some where else.

LeBeau made it quite clear to the league he has zero interest in being a head coach even before his two year HC job with the Bengals, Dick is one of the few coaches who knows what he is good at.

Fewell got a taste of being a HC in Buffalo and my guess is he's going to want another shot some where else.

Beat me to it. He was TERRIBLE as a head coach too.

I hope that if Fewell gets any outside interest that the Giants will give him a head coach-in-waiting job. Coughlin can't do this for much longer, he can't be more than a few years from retirement.

I don't know. With Spags - it was either him or our talent. He got a lot of the benefit. With Fewell, we've had continued success. Could be that it's been proven to be our talent...thereby giving less credit to the DC.

I'm thinking Fewell may stick for at least a 2nd year.

Totally, not to mention we may just need to win the SB first.

I think Fewell is going to be the Giants next Head Coach. If we win the SB it may well be next year.

Three reasons, 1 Two SB victories cements Toms legacy, Tom is getting up there, 2- Fewell is a very good coach with HC on his resume already, 3- The Steelers finally hired a Black HC and it worked out well......there is a strong Giants, Steelers tie. They are very linked at the top......its about time the Giants hired a Black HC.

They already did it at GM and Reese ain't going nowhere......its now apparent he never lost his magic touch.....just ran into a buzz saw of injuries last year.

Speaking of which when is that monster JPP going to get a start at DE........man that guy is scarry. He is the most fearsome athlete mince Dallas's Manster. Why dont they line him up next to Tuck and let the opponents pick their poison.

You've got to think Wade Phillips is done.....and if the Giants defense continues to play the way it's playing, Fewell could be 1 and done with the Giants.

You think Jerry will be thinking about what Fewell could accomplish in Dallas?

I was astonished that Buffalo didn't hire him on as their head coach. Chan Gay-ley sucks. Glad we got him though.

Beat me to it. He was TERRIBLE as a head coach too.

I hope that if Fewell gets any outside interest that the Giants will give him a head coach-in-waiting job. Coughlin can't do this for much longer, he can't be more than a few years from retirement.

dude. He more than doubled the number of wins Dick Jauron had that year. He was good as a head coach in Buffalo. The players actually responded to him. They went from 3-6 to 7-9 under Fewell. He was far from terrible. Buffalo just fired their entire coaching staff.

Sorry, he didn't more than double it, he doubled it, in less games. More importantly, the Bills played the Jets, Patriots, and Chiefs close under him. Losing by one score in those losses.

dude. He more than doubled the number of wins Dick Jauron had that year. He was good as a head coach in Buffalo. The players actually responded to him. They went from 3-6 to 7-9 under Fewell. He was far from terrible. Buffalo just fired their entire coaching staff.

We were talking about LeBeau, not Fewell.

One of the guys on mike and mike made a pretty good point this morning, he said Jones likely goes after a big name like Cowher, Gruden, etc. The only sucess they've had has been with Parcells in the last several years.

Jerry only hires two types of guys:

1. HUGE name guys (Parcells, Jimmy Johnson)

2. Toolbags that will do anything he says (Chan Gailey, Dave Campo)

Fewell isn't a big enough "name" for Jerry to be interested, but he doesn't strike me as a "yes-man" either, so he probably won't end up in Dallas. Also, while he'll probably be a HC somewhere, someday, let's not forget that Spags lasted two years here before he was snatched up... we'll probably have Fewell for at least another year.

One of the guys on mike and mike made a pretty good point this morning, he said Jones likely goes after a big name like Cowher, Gruden, etc. The only sucess they've had has been with Parcells in the last several years.

Asses in the seats pay the bills. A name like Cowher or Gruden will put them there.

Heard the name Gruden due to his experience under Al Davis. Both organizations run by the owner. Also thought that Dallas would take a look at John Fox should he get canned in Carolina. Fox doesn't strike me as a 'yes-man' though.

Thinking Jerry Jones is just retarded and arrogant enough to keep Wade Phillips.

Heard the name Gruden due to his experience under Al Davis. Both organizations run by the owner. Also thought that Dallas would take a look at John Fox should he get canned in Carolina. Fox doesn't strike me as a 'yes-man' though.

Thinking Jerry Jones is just retarded and arrogant enough to keep Wade Phillips.

if cowboys can win the last 3 game outta 5.. it might happen... jones need to get his ass outta the office and hire a G.M. oo wells, good for us......

if cowboys can win the last 3 game outta 5.. it might happen... jones need to get his ass outta the office and hire a G.M. oo wells, good for us......

Could be one of the best things to happen this offseason. Changing gears a bit, I'd be willing to bet that the Eagles won't have a QB controversy next year. Vick or Kolb will or at least should be heading to a different team.

I think Fewell is going to be the Giants next Head Coach. If we win the SB it may well be next year.

Three reasons, 1 Two SB victories cements Toms legacy, Tom is getting up there, 2- Fewell is a very good coach with HC on his resume already, 3- The Steelers finally hired a Black HC and it worked out well......there is a strong Giants, Steelers tie. They are very linked at the top......its about time the Giants hired a Black HC.

They already did it at GM and Reese ain't going nowhere......its now apparent he never lost his magic touch.....just ran into a buzz saw of injuries last year.

Speaking of which when is that monster JPP going to get a start at DE........man that guy is scarry. He is the most fearsome athlete mince Dallas's Manster. Why dont they line him up next to Tuck and let the opponents pick their poison.

I'm with you on all counts.. I'll add that the Giants, given last season's clusterfuck, regretted a great deal parting with Spags.. not that they could've kept him but maybe they should've tried harder to keep him. Fewel's system is looking very good now and my bet is Eli and the O and Spec teams get their act together because the Giants are NEVER the 2nd football team in town... and we got 3 Trophies to prove it.

As far as JPP, man he's a fucking monster.. I can't wait to see him on DL either.

Jerry only hires two types of guys:

1. HUGE name guys (Parcells, Jimmy Johnson)

2. Toolbags that will do anything he says (Chan Gailey, Dave Campo)

Fewell isn't a big enough "name" for Jerry to be interested, but he doesn't strike me as a "yes-man" either, so he probably won't end up in Dallas. Also, while he'll probably be a HC somewhere, someday, let's not forget that Spags lasted two years here before he was snatched up... we'll probably have Fewell for at least another year.

All I know is when and if we do part with Fewel the Giants go after the best DC out there.. Sheridan left a scar in our psyche and I'm not willing to go thru that again.

LOL, calm down dude, we were talking about Dick LeBeau.

I have no idea why Fewell didn't get the Buffalo job. And to lose out to a known shitty commodity like Chan Gailey too... makes no sense.

LOL, calm down dude, we were talking about Dick LeBeau.

I have no idea why Fewell didn't get the Buffalo job. And to lose out to a known shitty commodity like Chan Gailey too... makes no sense.

Yeah, sorry, I saw the Fewell part and skipped the the other part.