SportsWrath

Plaxico Burress Lost Recreation Privileges For Lying To A Prison Guard

Mr. P

nfl_plaxico-giants-shot-nightclub_burress_580.jpg

Former Giants receiver Plaxico Burress currently is serving two years in prison for weapons violations resulting from the night he added a breezeway to his thigh muscle. And though he has, for the most part, stayed out of trouble while in the place designated for people who couldn't stay out of trouble, Burress had a short-term restriction to his recreation privileges.

According to Chuck Bennett of the New York Post, Burress lost his privileges for a month after lying to a guard.

The incident occurred in November 2009. Burress told the guard that Burress had permission to use his cell phone to call his lawyer. Apparently, Burress didn't.

The most amazing aspect of this story is that prisoners are now permitted to have cell phones. Are they sending text messages, too?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/03/plaxico-lost-recreation-privileges-for-lying-to-a-prison-guard/

Plax ....poor Plax....alas the lad has yet to discover the necessity of maintaining a low profile and not to fall prey to the easy setup or still function under the illusion that no rules apply to him. And the ones that do can always be shrugged off. Alas poor Plax I knew him well. :LMAO::owned:

Fucking dumbass.

Every day I'm more and more glad that clown isn't a Giant anymore.

why would you say something like that?? the man is serving time for shooting himselve on the leg, yes it's stupid. but give him a break. not like he drove drunk and kill a jay walker. Beat his wife or any of that other type of crap... i hope he one day rejoin the Giants...

why would you say something like that?? the man is serving time for shooting himselve on the leg, yes it's stupid. but give him a break. not like he drove drunk and kill a jay walker. Beat his wife or any of that other type of crap... i hope he one day rejoin the Giants...

Because the man is gifted with physical gifts that 99.9% of the population would sell their soul to possess and he fucking blows it EVERY time.

Here is a link to some of the legal bullshit he's gotten mixed up in.

Keep in mind, that's just legal. It doesn't include spiking the ball in-bounds when you've caught a pass, relsulting in a fumble (PIttsburgh), saying stupid shit ad nauseum, throwing your arms up when the ball sails over your head, or being fined over 50 times for things like being late to meetings or not studying tape.

Fuck Plaxico Burress.

Plax ....poor Plax....alas the lad has yet to discover the necessity of maintaining a low profile and not to fall prey to the easy setup or still function under the illusion that no rules apply to him. And the ones that do can always be shrugged off. Alas poor Plax I knew him well. :LMAO::owned:

So cold.. so wrong.. so true :(

Fucking dumbass.

Every day I'm more and more glad that clown isn't a Giant anymore.

Plax cemented his place as a Giant.. NOTHING sticks in my mind more than that monster performance he displayed in Green Bay.

Plax cemented his place as a Giant.. NOTHING sticks in my mind more than that monster performance he displayed in Green Bay.

And NOTHING sticks in Plax more than a 9mm slug.

And NOTHING sticks in Plax more than a 9mm slug.

actually, I think it passed on through.

Getting 2 years for this crime, though? reediculuss. Ever playing as a giant again? I hated him.

I agree. He got too harsh a sentence for a stupid misdemeanor. People who have done worse have gotten away with much less. He was a corner stone of our offense without whom we would have not gotten anywhere. This is akin to bashing Tiki Barber the moment he left the Giants and ran his mouth a little. He is serving his sentence but his service to the Giants was invaluable. I for one would be happy if he rejoins the Giants.

actually, I think it passed on through.

Getting 2 years for this crime, though? reediculuss. Ever playing as a giant again? I hated him.

Actually, I believe the crime he was convicted of was carrying an unlicensed weapon (or didn't have a carry permit).

I don't think the D.A. or anyone else cared what he discharged into his own thigh.

Plax got his big payday then went to shit. If he hadn't shot himself it would have been something else that got him off the team. They'd already benched him once that season.

I think it was the culmination of major psychological problems for him.

critiques of him due, but if he had been with us that season that he shot himself we had chances of repeating. After 87 it was the strike and in this one it was losing him that made an immediate impact on the offensive output of our team.

I just don't understand the "I hate Plaxico" thing. The guy was great for us, helped us win a SB. And he shot HIMSELF. Stupid? Yes. Hateful and unforgiveful? Hardly.

Because he turned into lazy, self-absorbed prick once he got his payday.

Exactly.

Here's the thing: I fucking suck at Math, and I hate doing it. However, if I was a blessed with brilliant mathematical skills a'la "Good Will Hunting" and somebody told me, "hey, we'd like you do work at these equations for about eight months a year... in return, we're going to pay you 21 million dollars, you'll be famous, and you'll get top-shelf ass for the rest of your life," I'd be the best goddamned mathematician you've ever seen.

I don't feel sorry ONE BIT for assholes like Plax that blow their gifts, and yes, I think they're fucking retards.

Agreed. I'll always be grateful for how he abused Green Bay in the NFC Championship.

But he let his team, his fans, and himself down.....and the franchise gave him about 500 strikes before the gun incident.

Really, he's lucky that gunshot didn't wind up killing a waitress or bystander.....so yeah, he only shot himself, but it could have been a complete tragedy.

Basically, I think if we did not have a certain crusading Mayor for Life trying the case in the media...it would have been dealt with at an appropriate level within the team and the league. The Giants might have had a chance at defending their title or at least getting past the Eagles as Plax owned their secondary. But with Mayor Papa Doc dropping down on this case with full force; everyone had to make out as if this dumb ass shot Kennedy or something. :rolleyes:

P.S. Also Plax should have been consigned to the purgatory of public service for an extended period. I sure see his being sent upstate has served as a wonderful deterrent to guys walking around strapped. :rolleyes:

I agree. He got too harsh a sentence for a stupid misdemeanor. People who have done worse have gotten away with much less. He was a corner stone of our offense without whom we would have not gotten anywhere. This is akin to bashing Tiki Barber the moment he left the Giants and ran his mouth a little. He is serving his sentence but his service to the Giants was invaluable. I for one would be happy if he rejoins the Giants.

they left under slightly different circumstances.