SportsWrath

Plaxico Burress Lost Recreation Privileges For Lying To A Prison Guard

Mr. P

Basically, I think if we did not have a certain crusading Mayor for Life trying the case in the media...it would have been dealt with at an appropriate level within the team and the league. The Giants might have had a chance at defending their title or at least getting past the Eagles as Plax owned their secondary. But with Mayor Papa Doc dropping down on this case with full force; everyone had to make out as if this dumb ass shot Kennedy or something. :rolleyes:

should that even be a crime?

Because he turned into lazy, self-absorbed prick once he got his payday.

So, when we went 12-4 the next yr following our championship, he didnt help acheive that? Ill have to go back and check, but wasnt he injured a few games, thats why he didnt start a few games? I dont know, I think some are making it bigger than it is. Vick should not be playing in the NFL, Plax should.

So, when we went 12-4 the next yr following our championship, he didnt help acheive that? Ill have to go back and check, but wasnt he injured a few games, thats why he didnt start a few games? I dont know, I think some are making it bigger than it is. Vick should not be playing in the NFL, Plax should.

The same season he got his payday (with two or three years left on the original contract) was the same season he was fined nearly 50 times by the team for violating team rules, didn't come to practice because he "had to take his kid to school" and was benched for half a game for generally being an asshole and a poor team player. It culminated in him discharging a firearm in public. The ONLY thing he did right was shoot himself instead of a teammate or an innocent bystander.

Basically, I think if we did not have a certain crusading Mayor for Life trying the case in the media...it would have been dealt with at an appropriate level within the team and the league. The Giants might have had a chance at defending their title or at least getting past the Eagles as Plax owned their secondary. But with Mayor Papa Doc dropping down on this case with full force; everyone had to make out as if this dumb ass shot Kennedy or something. :rolleyes:

P.S. Also Plax should have been consigned to the purgatory of public service for an extended period. I sure see his being sent upstate has served as a wonderful deterrent to guys walking around strapped. :rolleyes:

enough already...like it or not, the fool broke the law and received the punishment for it. the dog can't understand the support for this idiot. bring a gun to a crowded club, the gun isn't registered, get caught...do the time. the world is a safer place with this moron in jail. if that gun goes off at a different angle in his sweatpant pocket (he should do extra time for wearing sweatpants to a club), he shoots someone else and not himself. it is like drunk driving - you get caught, you get punished with the DUI...you kill someone behind the wheel while driving drunk, the punishment is more involved...there are varying degrees to each crime in an effort to prevent more significant crimes that can result from your actions...

stop defending this idiot - he has a history of issues dating back to his time in college...make an example of him...if it makes one other idiot in the world leave their gun at home when going drinking at clubs, then the dog is just fine with that...

Exactly.

Here's the thing: I fucking suck at Math, and I hate doing it. However, if I was a blessed with brilliant mathematical skills a'la "Good Will Hunting" and somebody told me, "hey, we'd like you do work at these equations for about eight months a year... in return, we're going to pay you 21 million dollars, you'll be famous, and you'll get top-shelf ass for the rest of your life," I'd be the best goddamned mathematician you've ever seen.

I don't feel sorry ONE BIT for assholes like Plax that blow their gifts, and yes, I think they're fucking retards.

Like TBCvP stated.. Plax is a victim of political play.. what he did was stupid and who doesn't do stupid things every now and then? Take away Mayor Bloomy's push for him to pay a hefty price for stupidity.. not for a real crime.. and our Destiny as a team and Plax as a person might've taken a totally different venue. it's not like the guy had a rap sheet.. he didn't.

Now sit back relax and enjoy the show..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUvI9Ikrjm0

Like TBCvP stated.. Plax is a victim of political play.. what he did was stupid and who doesn't do stupid things every now and then? Take away Mayor Bloomy's push for him to pay a hefty price for stupidity.. not for a real crime.. and our Destiny as a team and Plax as a person might've taken a totally different venue. it's not like the guy had a rap sheet.. he didn't.

It wasn't just "stupid". It was CRIMINAL.

Now sit back relax and enjoy the show..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUvI9Ikrjm0

the dog wonders - if the gun had gone off at a different angle and killed or injured someone, does it then in your mind become a "real" crime, or do you continue to defend a moron who believes he is above the law? the guy broke a written law with an outlined penalty - he gets what he gets...next time, leave the unregistered gun at home, especially when you are too stupid to know how to use it...again, the world is safer with fools like this in jail...

the dog wonders - if the gun had gone off at a different angle and killed or injured someone, does it then in your mind become a "real" crime, or do you continue to defend a moron who believes he is above the law? the guy broke a written law with an outlined penalty - he gets what he gets...next time, leave the unregistered gun at home, especially when you are too stupid to know how to use it...again, the world is safer with fools like this in jail...

The dog needs to realize I stated what Plax did was stupid.. and I will conede a crime... however.. a crime punishable by 2 fucking years in Jail? When everyone else gets that first get out of jail free card? Yea.. I once fell asleep on the wheel.. I know I was young and at the time thought I was an ironman.. I could go on for days with no sleep.. the car was totalled.. as a matter of face about an hour after the accident when it was no longer dark outside, I couldn't recognize it.. I told the cop I fell asleep on the wheel... he only had doubts that it was me driving it because I had no injuries.. zero. Had the car gone a different direction and slammed into another car.. and god forbid killed someone... luckily it didn't. My punishment: A ticket for switching lanes without signaling.

The dog needs to realize I stated what Plax did was stupid.. and I will conede a crime... however.. a crime punishable by 2 fucking years in Jail? When everyone else gets that first get out of jail free card? Yea.. I once fell asleep on the wheel.. I know I was young and at the time thought I was an ironman.. I could go on for days with no sleep.. the car was totalled.. as a matter of face about an hour after the accident when it was no longer dark outside, I couldn't recognize it.. I told the cop I fell asleep on the wheel... he only had doubts that it was me driving it because I had no injuries.. zero. Had the car gone a different direction and slammed into another car.. and god forbid killed someone... luckily it didn't. My punishment: A ticket for switching lanes without signaling.

Discharging a firearm in a crowded public place, regardless of intent, is well worth two years IMO. He had a loaded handgun on him, with the safety off and a round in the fucking chamber. That's no accident, that's a series of conscious decisions. The guy's a piece of shit.

the dog understands it to be this way:

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2009/08/21/2009-08-21_mug_shot_for_the_big_shot_plaxico_burress_is_the_poster_child_for_tough_gun_law_.html

Now, the law sets a 3-1/2-year mandatory minimum sentence in state prison - unless you wangle a plea bargain. And the bargaining terms are tightly restricted.

As a result, 196 gun toters got at least 3-1/2 years last year, double the number who were sent to prison in 2005, before the law was toughened.

An additional 159 got plea deals. Half took the same two-year sentence that Burress did, and the remainder got even stiffer punishments. Having no prior arrests was meaningless.

The bottom line is that Burress was not singled out because he was a celebrity. He felt the full and justified weight of the law like everyone else, and there was nothing money or stardom could do to lessen the blow.

The dog isn't saying everyone gets the punishment they deserve (see stallworth and apparently you asleep at the wheel), but burress did. he was punished according to the law. He was punished for breaking he law. and stop painting him out as if he wasn't a problem. he had attitude problems since his college days, and his fines in the nfl speak to that. on two occassions the police came to his home on domestic violence calls and a temporary restraining order was placed on him. he was sued 9 times for various issues in his life...his resume isn't stellar - just b/c he had no prior criminal arrests means nothing, as every criminal begins somewhere...Hope they tack on 10 more years...

Discharging a firearm in a crowded public place, regardless of intent, is well worth two years IMO. He had a loaded handgun on him, with the safety off and a round in the fucking chamber. That's no accident, that's a series of conscious decisions. The guy's a piece of shit.

Here's the thing though: Plax wasn't punished for the safety being off, or the fact it was loaded. He was punished for carrying it.....loaded or unloaded. Carrying a concealed weapon (which was registered, in FLA granted, but it's not like it was a hot street gun). Yes, that's a crime. Yes, that's stupid. Yes, the potential for a different, disastrous, deadly outcome was there. However, if the NYPD locked up every single pserson they came across with an unregistered concealed weapon, not only would the overcrowded prisons be even more overcrowded, but people (fans in particular) wouldn't be as upset Plax got singled out. The punishment didn't fit the crime, especially considering he had no priors and this was a first offense. Especially when you have examples like other players actually killing people while driving drunk. That doesn't excuse Plax by any means, but the difference in severity of the crime and punishment is certainly there.

I don't think anyone is 'defending' Plax, everyone agrees he was a dumbshit, but let's be fair in dishing out the punishment.

Here's the thing though: Plax wasn't punished for the safety being off, or the fact it was loaded. He was punished for carrying it.....loaded or unloaded. Carrying a concealed weapon (which was registered, in FLA granted, but it's not like it was a hot street gun). Yes, that's a crime. Yes, that's stupid. Yes, the potential for a different, disastrous, deadly outcome was there. However, if the NYPD locked up every single pserson they came across with an unregistered concealed weapon, not only would the overcrowded prisons be even more overcrowded, but people (fans in particular) wouldn't be as upset Plax got singled out. The punishment didn't fit the crime, especially considering he had no priors and this was a first offense. Especially when you have examples like other players actually killing people while driving drunk. That doesn't excuse Plax by any means, but the difference in severity of the crime and punishment is certainly there.

I don't think anyone is 'defending' Plax, everyone agrees he was a dumbshit, but let's be fair in dishing out the punishment.

Yah, most people I think feel that the punishment doesn't fit the crime...not that a crime wasn't committed...

Big Ben raped a girl, how many years is he gonna spend in prison? Ya know?

159 others that year received similar plea deals to burress, while 196 others received the 3 1/2 year max sentence, all for the same crimes, and not once did past clean records factor in...the dog is pretty sure he wasn't singled out...he got the same or less than nearly 400 others did...it doesn't matter in this case what others have gotten away with in their respective crimes to whatever degree they were. he committed crime. he was caught. he was justifiably punished as were others who did the same crime. keep in as long as possible...

159 others that year received similar plea deals to burress, while 196 others received the 3 1/2 year max sentence, all for the same crimes, and not once did past clean records factor in...the dog is pretty sure he wasn't singled out...he got the same or less than nearly 400 others did...it doesn't matter in this case what others have gotten away with in their respective crimes to whatever degree they were. he committed crime. he was caught. he was justifiably punished as were others who did the same crime. keep in as long as possible...

I wasn't aware of the stats you posted, so you make valid points. Although, no one knows what the circumstances were surrounding those 196 people sent to prison. I would imagine the 159 who took a plea were probably first time/low risk offenders and the other 196 were probably repeat offenders/high risk offenders. I could be wrong, been known to happen, but I think it matters in looking at Plax's case. (Of course, the idiot was offered a plea and decided to take his chances, so in the end I suppose he got what was coming to him). People can tip-toe around the facts all they want, but in the end, a crime was committed and he got punished, but we all know circumstances do come into play when handing out punishment.

Honestly, if he only got sentenced for carrying the gun then he got off lightly.