SportsWrath

Rookie's Talents

Mr. P

Damn that just get me more pumped up for football. I just can't wait to see Nicks on the field pulling down passes from Manning. I haven't been this excited about a rookie since Jeremy Shockey.

Holy shit that was fucking insane!

Was that like a magic trick or was it super-reflexes?

Unless the way he had her put the card back in assures that the card will fly up in the air the same exact way every time(doubtful), I'd have to assume it was all reflex and hand-eye coordination...

Unless the way he had her put the card back in assures that the card will fly up in the air the same exact way every time(doubtful), I'd have to assume it was all reflex and hand-eye coordination...

it is a failry well known illussion...if the dog recalls, it is called something like the cloudhurst catch...needless to say, the dog has no idea how it is done, so it is impressive none the less...

Another thing is that it sure didn't look like a full deck of cards up in the air or in her hands. Hell she could have thrown up 5 cards and I couldn't pull that off.

She sure looked like she was enjoying it.

it is a failry well known illussion...if the dog recalls, it is called something like the cloudhurst catch...needless to say, the dog has no idea how it is done, so it is impressive none the less...

You're right, interesting trick though.

Cloudhurst Catch - A selected card is lost in ehe deck. The deck is spumg into the air and the selection is snatched from mid-air! Great, visual magic!

You're right, interesting trick though.

Soo...where's the magic in the trick...?

I'm still going to assume he's got good enough hand-eye coordination to catch a specific card in mid-air...

I'm still going to assume he's got good enough hand-eye coordination to catch a specific card in mid-air...

dog's not sure where the magic is, just like the dog is not sure how kris angel pulls a woman in half on a park bench, but the dog is pretty sure she isn't currently in two pieces...

the dog offers the dvd below so you can learn to do it as well...

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Catch by Ben Seidman - DVD $64 only

Effect

Your spectator shuffles a deck of cards and then concentrates on a single card. The deck is shuffled once again and then thrown into the air. With an empty hand you reach into the falling cards and grab the selection.

The ultimate pack small play big card trick.

Materials included to construct gimmick.

Four bonus handlings.

Methods for: stage, close-up, impromptu, and surrounded

"Surprising, visual, and deceptive. Ben gives you the props, multiple methods, all of his ideas, and the history. A worthy closer for your show!"

- Jeff McBride, Magic & Mystery School

Regardless of how it's done, the fact that the guy has the hand-eye coordination of a professional magician is wild.

Does anyone else get the feeling we have someone special on our team? I mean...REAL Special? Nicks just gives me this feeling he will be stellar. Maybe not right away, but he will be.

Holy shit that was fucking insane!

Was that like a magic trick or was it super-reflexes?

Could be a trick (meaning he had the card hidden in his glove to begin with), could be luck.. etc. It's for enetertainment purposes only.. I'm still waiting to hear if we're going to land a veteran wide receiver

i have a friend who is a magician, the card is already in his hand and its a forced pick. meaning he ensured somehow that she'd pick the queen of hearts.

This. It's classic slight-of-hand. Impressive trick but a trick none the less.

I can't watch the vid again where I am but the card never makes it back into the deck. He palms it after he shows it to the camera, before she shuffle. He only pretends to put it back in the deck.

This. It's classic slight-of-hand. Impressive trick but a trick none the less.

I can't watch the vid again where I am but the card never makes it back into the deck. He palms it after he shows it to the camera, before she shuffle. He only pretends to put it back in the deck.

Unless the cameras were working with Nicks thats not what happened. He never handled the card in the video. She picked the queen of hearts, showed it to the camera, put it back in the deck herself and tossed the deck without shuffling. However he did it, pretty slick stuff.

Unless the cameras were working with Nicks thats not what happened. He never handled the card in the video. She picked the queen of hearts, showed it to the camera, put it back in the deck herself and tossed the deck without shuffling. However he did it, pretty slick stuff.

exactly, it'd be different if he actually handled the cards...but she handles the cards the entire time...I mean, it's definitely not inconceivable that he actually can pick out the card that fast.

exactly, it'd be different if he actually handled the cards...but she handles the cards the entire time...I mean, it's definitely not inconceivable that he actually can pick out the card that fast.

i guess its not inconceivable, but it is a magic trick.

the dog's not picking or anything, but would you rather choose to believe that the man is actually not only able to visually identify the selected card from a deck of 52 cards that are all tossed in the air at the same time, but is also able to then quickly reach with one hand into the crowd of falling cards and successfully catch that exact card? seems kind of odd to buy into that when there are magic books out explaining how to do that very trick...