SportsWrath

Rookie's Talents

Mr. P

Oh yeah, he either actually did this trick without trickery...or the camera crew was in on the joke and helped him pull it off.

seriously? did you read any of those links i posted where you can order directions to a magic trick which when described is exactly the trick he does here. along with my magician friend confirming for me that it is indeed a magic trick.

seriously? did you read any of those links i posted where you can order directions to a magic trick which when described is exactly the trick he does here. along with my magician friend confirming for me that it is indeed a magic trick.

and you quote my posts as being irrelevant?

this is ridiculous.......it was a trick, for FUN

its not important

and you quote my posts as being irrelevant?

this is ridiculous.......it was a trick, for FUN

its not important

i know its not important jack

but its being discussed in this thread whether its a trick or not, im just one of the many discussing this.

No, unfortunately, none of us waded through another message board, or numerous ads to find the tidbit of info you were attempting to post. It's easier to copy and paste to prove points, btw.

Hell no I didn't read any of those links! I didn't see the point...the trick thats been described by yourself and others isn't the (exact) one in the video. Nicks is doing something a little bit different.

Hell no I didn't read any of those links! I didn't see the point...the trick thats been described by yourself and others isn't the (exact) one in the video. Nicks is doing something a little bit different.

And besides, I know a "Quick Draw" professional who claims it's possible to move your hands that fast. :rolleyes:

oh dear lord...it's a trick. he does it well. there are many variations (on some occassions the magician uses a sword to stab the card in the deck...on some occassions the magician makes the card float out in mid air...etc...)...they are all tricks and illussions. they are entertaining, but they are illussions. the end. the dog loves a good trick, like for example, when David Blaine shakes a styrofoam cup of coffee and turns into a cup of quarters...but the dog doesn't believe for a second that this factually happened. pdouble has even provided documents speaking to the fact that it is a trick...wow...the dog is fatigued.

oh dear lord...it's a trick. he does it well. there are many variations (on some occassions the magician uses a sword to stab the card in the deck...on some occassions the magician makes the card float out in mid air...etc...)...they are all tricks and illussions. they are entertaining, but they are illussions. the end. the dog loves a good trick, like for example, when David Blaine shakes a styrofoam cup of coffee and turns into a cup of quarters...but the dog doesn't believe for a second that this factually happened. pdouble has even provided documents speaking to the fact that it is a trick...wow...the dog is fatigued.

Being gullible is better than not having any reading comprehension skills.

And besides, I know a "Quick Draw" professional who claims it's possible to move your hands that fast. :rolleyes:

What the hell is that? :confused:

The hard part of this, IMO, isn't in moving your hands that fast...its moving your eyes that fast. It would be so hard to scan ten, twenty cards and find the right one, let alone grab it (even though it isn't moving that fast), before it hit the ground. Although I don't think its any more rare of a talent than the batter who's able to read the spin off a baseball as soon as it leaves the hand of a major league pitcher. With practice, maybe, just maybe, its possible.

I don't know, I just think its interesting. I really have no idea how he did it, with or without an illusion, I just know that slow motion video makes it difficult to fool with slight-of-hand.

well if you did read it you would see the trick described is exactly the trick he does.

No, unfortunately, none of us waded through another message board, or numerous ads to find the tidbit of info you were attempting to post. It's easier to copy and paste to prove points, btw.

well unfortunately for you you didnt have to wade through shit, i linked to the topic which the entire topic is that trick, and the numerous ads is actually a link to the product being sold which is this exact trick.

not difficult

What the hell is that? :confused:

The hard part of this, IMO, isn't in moving your hands that fast...its moving your eyes that fast. It would be so hard to scan ten, twenty cards and find the right one, let alone grab it (even though it isn't moving that fast), before it hit the ground. Although I don't think its any more rare of a talent than the batter who's able to read the spin off a baseball as soon as it leaves the hand of a major league pitcher. With practice, maybe, just maybe, its possible.

I don't know, I just think its interesting. I really have no idea how he did it, with or without an illusion, I just know that slow motion video makes it difficult to fool with slight-of-hand.

Somebody with quick hands. I'm saying that the fact he "knows a magician that confirmed it's a magic trick" doesn't make me just automatically believe him. Said magician didn't see the video and described, in fact, a different version of the trick.

It's a very common fallacy used especially in advertisements..."An expert must be right."

heres a magician doing a variation of it:

heres a little kid doing almost the same trick:

That'd be all fine and good if:

1. Someone else was handling the cards

and

2. There wasn't a bridge of cards flying in front of the guys hands that are telltale signs of an illusion.

well unfortunately for you you didnt have to wade through shit, i linked to the topic which the entire topic is that trick, and the numerous ads is actually a link to the product being sold which is this exact trick.

not difficult

Maybe I should have ctrl-f searched "is this video indeed said magic trick."

The first 20 posts were irrelevant.

That'd be all fine and good if:

1. Someone else was handling the cards

and

2. There wasn't a bridge of cards flying in front of the guys hands that are telltale signs of an illusion.

thats why i used the word variation.

hahah i just truly dont understand thinking its not a magic trick

This is great. I have it, there is some initial preparation to prepare the trick but once you make it up you have a killer effect as your hand REALLY is empty when you plunge it into the spray of cards. He even gives a method where the card can be signed.

In the basic effect the card is not removed from the deck. You merely fan the cards and have a person think of a card. The spectator shuffles the deck and can throw it into the air.You plunge your hand into the spray of cards plucking the actual card thought of.

"My audiences leave thinking that CATCH! wasn’t a magic trick, instead it looks to them like real skill. of course this count be farther from the truth, it’s a trick. But the routine looks so clean that it seems to be real. I like that. "

satisfied customer who bought the trick describing the trick. from one of the sites i posted.

thats why i used the word variation.

hahah i just truly dont understand thinking its not a magic trick

I don't think it's not a magic trick, but none of you have explanations and ignore what you see in the video.

I don't think it's not a magic trick, but none of you have explanations and ignore what you see in the video.

my explanation is he bought or learned the same trick that the satisfied customer in the quotes in the post above yours bought.