SportsWrath

"Boldin to the Giants"

Lughead

Report: Boldin to hire Eli's agent

The Arizona Republic reportst.gif Cardinals WR Anquan Boldin is about to have Tom Condon become his agent, replacing Drew Rosenhaus.

Condon, coincidentally, represents Giants QB Eli Manning Eli Manning t.gif.

It was thought that Boldin moving on from Rosenhaus would improve the relationship between the receiver and the team.

However, the Republic reportst.gif Boldin is still sitting out Cardinals team activities while trying to negotiate a new contract or orchestrate a trade.

Coach Ken Whisenhunt told the paper, "I know from our perspective ... nothing has changed. We're a much better football team with Anquan than we are without him, and we have a high regard for him. So nothing has changed from that perspective."

Despite drafting Hakeem Nicks and Ramses Barden, the Giants New York Giants t.gif may have interest in Boldin as a replacement for Plaxico Burress Plaxico Burress t.gif.

Condon helped orchestrate the draft-day trade that landed Manning with the Giants in 2004. The agent's other clients have included Peyton Manning, Chad Penington, and Cardinals backup QB Matt Leinart.

Condon has been ranked as the most influential agent by Sports Business Daily.

If this happens our WR Stable will need a Purge. Perhaps all the way to Moss and Including Tyree and Manningham.

If this happens our WR Stable will need a Purge. Perhaps all the way to Moss and Including Tyree and Manningham.

I'm waiting so patiently for Boldin to make it to NY. Taking our weakest position and instantly transforming it into a strength is paramount. I'm waiting.

You know what...I am getting sick and tired of this entire story.

There is no chance Boldin is going to be a Giant.

Why?

Financially it makes no sense. NFL rosters are ruled by the salary cap. And right now...I am sorry people who are delusional enough to think Boldin could become a Giant...right now the Giants DO NOT have the cap space available to expend on a receiver of Boldin's ability. His main and pretty much only beef with being a Cardinal is his contract. The Giants DO NOT HAVE the cap room to bring him in and make him a happy person.

So please stop thinking there is a chance Boldin could become a Giant.

It makes perfect sense in a capless world but THERE IS SIMPLY NO CAP ROOM TO BRING IN A VETEREN RECEIVER OF HIS TALENT!!!!

So please STOP thinking he could become a Giant. It is simply impossible. And even thinking about it is a pipe dream.

Honestly the fact that some of you even think it is a possibility...where the fuck are you coming from? I'm sorry I do not like resorting to profanity but Boldin is going to demand such a huge cost that I cannot help but say are you fucking nuts? Given the current cap you couldn't sign him! Any trade for him comes with a new contract that is the situation. And he is looking for 10 mil a season. The Giants DO NOT HAVE THAT SPENDING CAPACITY. They have rightly invested their cap on the defense.

Let me reiterate....THE GIANTS DO NOT HAVE THE FINANCIAL ABILITY TO BRING BOLDIN IN AND MAKE HIM HAPPY!!!!

Please...let this be the end of these stupid and misinformed topics.

Honestly the fact that some of you even think it is a possibility...where the fuck are you coming from? I'm sorry I do not like resorting to profanity but Boldin is going to demand such a huge cost that I cannot help but say are you fucking nuts? Given the current cap you couldn't sign him! Any trade for him comes with a new contract that is the situation. And he is looking for 10 mil a season. The Giants DO NOT HAVE THAT SPENDING CAPACITY. They have rightly invested their cap on the defense.

Let me reiterate....THE GIANTS DO NOT HAVE THE FINANCIAL ABILITY TO BRING BOLDIN IN AND MAKE HIM HAPPY!!!!

We lost Plax didn't we? That in turn freed a huge amount of money to sing Bolden. Last I checked the solid free agents we signed didn't fuck up our Salary cap. Further, I hear the same fucking argument made about the Redskins.. and every year they sign a super star... of course they're idiots for doing that but that's beyond the point...

We lost Plax didn't we? That in turn freed a huge amount of money to sing Bolden. Last I checked the solid free agents we signed didn't fuck up our Salary cap. Further, I hear the same fucking argument made about the Redskins.. and every year they sign a super star... of course they're idiots for doing that but that's beyond the point...

yeah, but we cut this year. So I think it still counts against the cap. I could be wrong though...

yeah, but we cut this year. So I think it still counts against the cap. I could be wrong though...

I believe you're wrong, Nem. But even if you're right, we can always structure the contract to pay more in years 2, 3, and 4..

You know what...I am getting sick and tired of this entire story.

There is no chance Boldin is going to be a Giant.

Why?

Financially it makes no sense. NFL rosters are ruled by the salary cap. And right now...I am sorry people who are delusional enough to think Boldin could become a Giant...right now the Giants DO NOT have the cap space available to expend on a receiver of Boldin's ability. His main and pretty much only beef with being a Cardinal is his contract. The Giants DO NOT HAVE the cap room to bring him in and make him a happy person.

So please stop thinking there is a chance Boldin could become a Giant.

It makes perfect sense in a capless world but THERE IS SIMPLY NO CAP ROOM TO BRING IN A VETEREN RECEIVER OF HIS TALENT!!!!

So please STOP thinking he could become a Giant. It is simply impossible. And even thinking about it is a pipe dream.

Well the only thing I can say is Maybe Condon can make Boldin realize his true Value Instead of that Tool Rosenhaus. Plus being Boldin is what 28/29? so he may only be viable for 2-3 years on his body. 10 mill over 3 years 3.3 MIll a year that may be doable but no way is 10 mill a year . Condon was instrumental in structuring the Eli /Rivers trade also It was not just Accorsi . thats the only way I see Boldin possibly coming to NY If he can be talked down to a Contract that would work . Other than that I do not see him here Either Lub.

I believe you're wrong, Nem. But even if you're right, we can always structure the contract to pay more in years 2, 3, and 4..

I seriously doubt that... Boldin has stated he wants 10 Mil a year. I think we are currently 5 mill under the cap. (Without signing the Rookies). We basically will have to pay him 2 mil this year and pay him 18 Mil next year. it's not going to happen, Dude....

I seriously doubt that... Boldin has stated he wants 10 Mil a year. I think we are currently 5 mill under the cap. (Without signing the Rookies). We basically will have to pay him 2 mil this year and pay him 18 Mil next year. it's not going to happen, Dude....

I don't know what our cap situation is but last I checked we were doing pretty well. I don't know about having only 5 Mill without signing the rookies. Do you have some kind of a link to this?

I would take the guy at a price but no way is the dude worth 10 sticks per. I wouldn't even give him 5.

How many times have we seen great #2s move to new teams and fail as #1s? No way you pay that kind of money to a guy that does not guarantee to demand double teams?

A cap is relative anyway....the deal is up and the players are going tio demand, at the very least, a much higher cap.

If the Giants didn't think they couldn't fit Boldin in the plans, the rumors wouldn't be there before the dreaft. No matter what they say, where there is smoke, there is fire, and the Giants have showed that is the case the last few years.

Concerning the cap, when this is all said and done, rookies will get slot pay and vets will get a little more and more money will go to retired vets. Just because AB wants 10 mil doesn't mean he'll get it, if there were a team willing to give that much a trade would have happened before the draft. Boldin will get a good deal, a fair deal, but the Giants have shown they are good at not entering into bad deals.

To say there is nbo way Bolding becomes a Giant is stupid, it's very possible, and I actually think it's likely at this point.

there is no way mario manningham is not on the Giants this season. More likely that Moss and Tyree go and someone like Barden fights for the 5th(or 6th spot...?) or practice squad spot...and this is a big IF the Giants were to pursue Boldin

I would take the guy at a price but no way is the dude worth 10 sticks per. I wouldn't even give him 5.

How many times have we seen great #2s move to new teams and fail as #1s? No way you pay that kind of money to a guy that does not guarantee to demand double teams?

Boldin was number one for a couple years and only because Larry Fitzgerald is phenomenal would you even consider calling him a number 2. He's a number one on literally every other team in the NFL. Excepting maybe the Texans and Broncos.

Holy shit, its the voice of fuckin reason. :worshippy:

And Boldin's main reason for demanding the trade is he feels like the Cardinals lied to him about getting a new deal...not exactly the kind of guy who is going to take a teams word that while he'll only make 3 mil this season we'll make it up down the road.

And even if cap room opened up down the road you still have Eli who is going to get a raise, Osi is going to get a raise, up-an-coming home-grown Giants receivers who are going to be looking for a raise....it is not going to happen folks.

And Nas the way the Redskins are able to do it is by constantly messing around with existing contracts and making their players unhappy. That is not what the Giants are about.

We were 11 mil under cap before we went out and signed Canty/Boley/Bernard according to Link so after signing them I can see us sitting around 4-5 mil before we sign our rookies.

That's ones old and from PFT for May it's basically 5 million. To get Boldin I am sure the Giants would have to also trade which would free up some space but unless Boldin comes down a lot it's not going to happen. He could come down if he figures he'll make all the money back by being in NY with endorsements and such. In reality it's more of pipe dream. :spliff:

A cap is relative anyway....the deal is up and the players are going tio demand, at the very least, a much higher cap.

If the Giants didn't think they couldn't fit Boldin in the plans, the rumors wouldn't be there before the dreaft. No matter what they say, where there is smoke, there is fire, and the Giants have showed that is the case the last few years.

Concerning the cap, when this is all said and done, rookies will get slot pay and vets will get a little more and more money will go to retired vets. Just because AB wants 10 mil doesn't mean he'll get it, if there were a team willing to give that much a trade would have happened before the draft. Boldin will get a good deal, a fair deal, but the Giants have shown they are good at not entering into bad deals.

To say there is nbo way Bolding becomes a Giant is stupid, it's very possible, and I actually think it's likely at this point.

Amen to that.

Boldin was number one for a couple years and only because Larry Fitzgerald is phenomenal would you even consider calling him a number 2. He's a number one on literally every other team in the NFL. Excepting maybe the Texans and Broncos.

He only played one season without Fitzgerald ( 2003 ) and has undoubtedly benefited from being the number two guy in each of the subsequent 5.

Not saying he can't be a legit number 1 wr but to date he has been a very succesful #2. Nothing more. Paying the guy 10 bills a year, or even 5, would be a reach IMHO.