SportsWrath

Cards have reduced asking price for Boldin

BleedinBlue

Apparantly, the Cardinals realize their 1st and 3rd asking price was too high and are now seeking a 2nd round and something else. According to Sal Paolantonio of ESPN.com, The Giants, Jets, and Eagles are now considering trading for his services.

Lol Bleedin, right on cue for my post about getting both Ed and Boldin.

My gut instinct tells me we'll be pulling in Edwards, but what a coup it would be if both ended up on the Giants' roster - that'd be something. Eli would be the QB of the year.

Linky Complete with video clipage.

Cardinals Reduce Boldin Trade Demands

Sources: Arizona has reduced trade demands to a second-round pick for WR Anquan Boldin

The Arizona Cardinals have reduced their trade demands for disgruntled receiver Anquan Boldin to a second-round pick in Saturday's draft and other considerations and are talking to at least three teams who seem to be newly interested, two sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio on Friday.

The New York Jets, New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles have expressed interest given the downgraded demands from a first- and third-round pick, the sources said.

Cardinals general manager Rod Graves and coach Ken Whisenhunt had repeatedly emphasized at the team's pre-draft news conference Tuesday that they would be happy to keep Boldin and eventually try to sign him to a new contract.

"Quite a few teams have called but we have no offers from those teams," Graves said Tuesday. "Anything can evolve from this point through draft day so that's where it is right now."

Boldin expressed extreme displeasure with his contract in last season's training camp, accusing Cardinals management of failing to follow through on a promise of a new deal and vowing never to re-sign with Arizona.

Still, he went on to have his third Pro Bowl season in six years in the NFL as the Cardinals advanced to the Super Bowl.

"I didn't say a trade was necessary," Boldin said last week. "I just want something to get resolved. It's something that's gone on long enough."

Boldin has two years remaining on a four-year, $22.25 million contract. He earned $4 million last season.

By comparison, teammate Larry Fitzgerald is in the second season of a four-year, $40 million deal, with $30 million guaranteed. Fitzgerald and quarterback Kurt Warner have said they would be open to altering their contracts in order to keep Boldin.

Information from ESPN's Sal Paolantonio and The Associated Press was used in this report.

Dude wants 10 mil a year, pass.

I would be ok With a 1 year 5 mill with escalators and performance and personality/off field clauses. make him play for us a year to see if he deserves a higher contract. If not then he can have fun playing second fiddle to Fitzy ..... although there are other teams out there that need WR Jet's,Eagles,Titans and Bears to name a few. HMMM I wonder what the other stipulations are?

I would be ok With a 1 year 5 mill with escalators and performance and personality/off field clauses. make him play for us a year to see if he deserves a higher contract. If not then he can have fun playing second fiddle to Fitzy ..... although there are other teams out there that need WR Jet's,Eagles,Titans and Bears to name a few. HMMM I wonder what the other stipulations are?

Who cares if he wants 10 million per year... isn't there not a cap after next year?

apparently Titans have become the front runners for Boldins service,we are looking at trading up for Darius Heyward Bey :clap:

Trading up for DHB, when we could stay put and get Nicks or Britt. That doesnt make much sense. I still believe we get Edwards.

My one disaster scenario is if the Giants don't get Edwards OR Boldin and end up drafting DHB.

I'm telling you, DHB is the second coming of Troy Williamson.

Nicks has an NFL body and unbelievable hands, and he had PRODUCTION in his collegiate career. Same with Britt.

As excited as I am for this draft, I have a lot of trepidation that they will fall too much in love with DHB's 40 time.

My one disaster scenario is if the Giants don't get Edwards OR Boldin and end up drafting DHB.

I'm telling you, DHB is the second coming of Troy Williamson.

Nicks has an NFL body and unbelievable hands, and he had PRODUCTION in his collegiate career. Same with Britt.

As excited as I am for this draft, I have a lot of trepidation that they will fall too much in love with DHB's 40 time.

Would be happy with Tiquan Underwood, too, later in the draft. Britt's partner on Rutgers. If he can catch Teel's erratic passes, he can sure as hell catch Eli's passes.

Jerry, you imgrate! Get Boldin! Tell him the contract comes with a ring!

Would be happy with Tiquan Underwood, too, later in the draft. Britt's partner on Rutgers. If he can catch Teel's erratic passes, he can sure as hell catch Eli's passes.

You know the more I look at the league the more I think it's less about them wanting a ring then them wanting $$$$

You know the more I look at the league the more I think it's less about them wanting a ring then them wanting $$$$

I agree whole heartedly. But honestly, i can't blame them. If i was a good enough athlete, i can't say i would have dollar bill signs in my eyes. I'd l;ove to be able to say i'd be like a Cal Ripken guy, play for one team ym whole career, but from the very poor to the very rich, the more money you have the more you want.

I like underwood... he good... real good... god damn that boy sure can sing... sexual chocolate!