SportsWrath

When is the nfl

K3VIN

Well that Blind side hit by Ward which I also believe they are calling the Hines Ward rule, just happened to have broken Keith Rivers' jaw. That is a good one that should be added. There is nobody more protected than a QB on an NFL field. The day when the sack is illegal is coming very soon.

tom brady rule- no hitting a qb legs if the defender on the ground

no blocking a player who not paing attention( wards block on keith rivers)

Not sure about the QB rule but these are the definite new rules.

NFL owners have passed four player safety rules for next season. One of them is the elimination of blindside helmet-to-helmet blocks.

The changes came Tuesday at the NFL Annual Meeting.

The new rules state that the initial force of a blindside block can't be delivered by a helmet, forearm or shoulder to an opponent's head or neck. An illegal blindside block will bring a 15-yard penalty.

Initial contact to the head of a defenseless receiver also will draw a 15-yard penalty.

On kickoffs, no blocking wedge of more than two players will be allowed. Also, the kicking team can't have more than five players bunched together pursuing an onside kick.

A 2 man wedge? :WTF: Oh well, there goes Madden's "You need a good wedge on kickoffs. You see, he's behind the wedge right here. You get behind that wedge, and you break around the outside. That's how he was able to run it all the way downfield like that".

What the fuck has the wedge got to do with player safety?

They want to reduce the number of people involved in the wedge collisions. More people bunched together=more likelihood of an injury. Same principle as the onside kick rule.

They want to reduce the number of people involved in the wedge collisions. More people bunched together=more likelihood of an injury. Same principle as the onside kick rule.

It's football, there's supposed to be collisions. Seriously, what good is a 2 man wedge? Maybe they can have 2 or 3 mini-wedges now, just not one big one. ^^ ^^ ^^ instead of ^^^^^^

I always thought leading with the head was illegal anyway. I never see that called anymore. Besides, we all no that none of these penalties will be called in favor of the Giants.

Yeah but it seems they just want more justification to fine as you can't use arms or shoulders. Also when Boldin was fucked up the Jets player didn't get a penalty but did get a hefty fine (I think Ward was never penalized but fined many times). Anyway maybe the money is to pay the NFL compensation system where our man Johnson got a nice $305 000 bonus.

Ummmm.... How the fuck are supposed to be able to tell if a person wearing a fricken helmet is paying attention or not? Another penalty for refs to decide what happened and what didnt, great!

I hate fuckin losin a game because of a call like that and then some douchebag rival fan talks smack as if his team won legitamately. :rolleyes: Usually a cowgirl fan.

I thought head hunting was already against the rules. :confused:

NFL owners have passed four player safety rules for next season. One of them is the elimination of blindside helmet-to-helmet blocks.

The changes came Tuesday at the NFL Annual Meeting.

The new rules state that the initial force of a blindside block can't be delivered by a helmet, forearm or shoulder to an opponent's head or neck. An illegal blindside block will bring a 15-yard penalty.

Initial contact to the head of a defenseless receiver also will draw a 15-yard penalty.

On kickoffs, no blocking wedge of more than two players will be allowed. Also, the kicking team can't have more than five players bunched together pursuing an onside kick.

Ward hit on Rivers

Well take a look at this and tell me which way you think Rivers was looking.

Ummmm.... How the fuck are supposed to be able to tell if a person wearing a fricken helmet is paying attention or not? Another penalty for refs to decide what happened and what didnt, great!