SportsWrath

Raiders released old friend Gibril Wilson

RandolphScott

Im all for bringing back Gibril. 100% down if the $$ is right. He, Phillips, and Johnson would do great back there.

We would be upgrading bigtime over Butler. Gibril is a good blitzer, top 3 player in run d for a Safety, and about average in coverage, good speed-size, and a good hard hitter.

And shit Kawika would be awesome to bring back to compete with Clark. That would be great.

I can't see him ever coming back here. Michael Johnson and Kenny Phillips look like they'll be better overall than Gibril was.

However, I think he might end up with Spags in St Louis.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he'll be a starter.. so long as he's part of the team again. Although I'm salivating at the thought of Kawika in Blue again.

Wow, he may have been over paid but he was doing okay. I guess with all that money for Asmougha they expect him to play everything on D. If I was Gibril I'd be elated to be leaving that sinking ship.

I think He is... and the prospect of coming back to the Giants (now that he's made a killing $$$ playing for the fiscally irresponsible raiders).. I think he maybe looking forward to coming back to play for a winning team.. who knows.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he'll be a starter.. so long as he's part of the team again. Although I'm salivating at the thought of Kawika in Blue again.

He's not going to want to come back here Nas and be a bit player. Not after being a starter for us for years, not after getting the big contract in oakland andby the way he played last year, which wasn't bad. He's being let go because of those ridiculous deals the Raiders are doling out, not because he had a bad year at all.

Michael Johnson has been solid for us in the last 2 years, and that's the key number here, 2. The kid is still developing.

Corey Chavous was released in St. Louis, Wilson played for Spags who probably got the best out of him. It may be a good fit.

I don't expect to see Mitchell again in a Giants uni. We have to bring top notch linebcakers in throught the early rounds of the draft, not signing free agents every year to patch up.

Thanks for crashing the party dude :brooding:

Wilson's not even that good so it's nothing to worry about.

When Johnson learns how to run up into the box and tackle the running back he'll become a real asset for our secondary IMO.

Wilson's not even that good so it's nothing to worry about.

When Johnson learns how to run up into the box and tackle the running back he'll become a real asset for our secondary IMO.

He's really not that bad at that already. I think Johnson will make bigger strides with Phillips at starter than with Butler. Butler has major issues in coverage. I look at our guys in the secondary and with Webster, Ross, johnson, Phillips, Thomas and Dockery, I think we are in real good shape back there.