SportsWrath

We should sign Houshmandzadeh

BleedinBlue

Houshmandzadeh is an unrestricted FA and he boldly states that he is not going to return to Cincy.

Regardless....we're about to lose the steady clutch Toomer and Plax is a crap shoot on whether or not he ever dons the blue again, so it would be wise to go after Houshmandzadeh. The man is an animal on the field and very clutch.....and he's a class act off the field as well.....a rare quality in a star WR.

We should still draft a tall, speedy WR to develop long term, but having Houshmandzadeh in the fold would give Eli a reliable target while the young guys continue to come up to NFL speed.

By fixing the hole we'll have in the WR corps, it allows Reese the opportunity to draft high end players that might not be an immediate need, but have star potential.

That's my 2 centavos anyway!

I was thinking the samething.... But he's 32 years old and like Bolden, how much did he benefit from having Chad Johnson on the other side?

Or how much did Ocho Cinco benefit because of T.J.

Houshmandzadeh has a few good years in him and he's proven to be very durable and has the stickiest hands of any reciever I've seen....with perhaps the exception of Jerry Rice and maybe Larry Fitzgerald. He'd be a really good stop gap between now and when our young guys are ready for prime time. And he'd take the pressure off Steve Smith and allow Hixon, Moss, Manningham, to grow. IMO anyway.

Wait, wait, wait.......WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN BLEEDIN??? Sorry to interrupt your post, but some of us were wondering if something happened to you, glad to see you back.

I would say TJ would be the best option other than Boldin. I dont think Anquan has become a trouble maker like some are portraying, he's just done in AZ. But TJ would be nice, and not to expensive IMO.

TJ is a damn good player, and he'll put up his numbers, but if he's called upon to the 'the guy' we're not going to have an offence that can stretch the field. Not unless one of the younger guys steps up.

TJ isn't really that different a player from Toomer...better, but similar.

Wait, wait, wait.......WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN BLEEDIN??? Sorry to interrupt your post, but some of us were wondering if something happened to you, glad to see you back.

I would say TJ would be the best option other than Boldin. I dont think Anquan has become a trouble maker like some are portraying, he's just done in AZ. But TJ would be nice, and not to expensive IMO.

Yeah, you're right. Walking out on your teammates while celebrating the biggest moment in the last 60 years of Cardinals franchise history, and his career, is no big deal. Sounds like the perfect replacement for plaxico...

Thanks for missing me. :)

Been working ridiculous hours and doing a lot of traveling. Plus, every now and then I get tired of the board because of the repetitious nature of political discussions. I'm only starting to get back interested in off-season football. From what I can tell....the Giants have a lot of free money to spend on FA's and are in an enviable position in the draft because of extra picks. Of all the FA's out there, I am most impressed with how Houshmandzadeh would fit in with the Giants.

TJ is a damn good player, and he'll put up his numbers, but if he's called upon to the 'the guy' we're not going to have an offence that can stretch the field. Not unless one of the younger guys steps up.

TJ isn't really that different a player from Toomer...better, but similar.

That's exactly how I feel about him. Toomer was great in his role and TJ is very much like him....and as you point out, better. I love having a guy on the field that can pull in the improbable 15 yard pickup and take a beating and keep on ticking.

And it's true.....we will have to find a No. 1 reciever that can make the homerun if Plax has burned his last bridge.

Yeah, you're right. Walking out on your teammates while celebrating the biggest moment in the last 60 years of Cardinals franchise history, and his career, is no big deal. Sounds like the perfect replacement for plaxico...

And that's the 1st thing he's done in, well, his entire career including college. And this comes after he was there, producing the entire time, and then Fitzy walks in and gets the big contract. I'd be pissed too. Plax and Q arent even in the same league, Plax doesnt give a shit it seems, Boldin feels like he was betrayed and wants to go elsewhere. You're right, he would be the perfect replacement for Plax. :)

And that's the 1st thing he's done in, well, his entire career including college. And this comes after he was there, producing the entire time, and then Fitzy walks in and gets the big contract. I'd be pissed too. Plax and Q arent even in the same league, Plax doesnt give a shit it seems, Boldin feels like he was betrayed and wants to go elsewhere. You're right, he would be the perfect replacement for Plax. :)

Yeah, Plax caught the game winning TD in the SB and is the main focus for opposing defenses in the passing game. Bolden, not so much. But he did have a great game against the Seahawk stingy defense.

Yeah, Plax caught the game winning TD in the SB and is the main focus for opposing defenses in the passing game. Bolden, not so much. But he did have a great game against the Seahawk stingy defense.

I know they did good this yr, so you may be focusing on this yr only. But I'm talking about his entire tenure. Boldin was here before Fitzy, and produced big time. He was the main focus for yrs, and to alot of defenses, still is. In addition to Fitzy. It's just that Fitzy really stepped up this yr. But he got the contract when Anquan was the man. That wouldnt upset you?

How many incidents have you heard about Boldin being a dick Nem?. And cases where he wasn't justified in being a dick?. Keep in mind that you might just be a little pissed off if the wide receiver you're paired with just got a huge deal which almost certainly means you're playing your last season in Arizona.

The guy almost got killed during the season with a hit, had major surgery and came back, he could have easily just mailed it in for the season. But leaving the party early makes him a bad dude?. C'mon. Next thing you'll be saying Frank Walker is great.

How many incidents have you heard about Boldin being a dick Nem?. And cases where he wasn't justified in being a dick?. Keep in mind that you might just be a little pissed off if the wide receiver you're paired with just got a huge deal which almost certainly means you're playing your last season in Arizona.

The guy almost got killed during the season with a hit, had major surgery and came back, he could have easily just mailed it in for the season. But leaving the party early makes him a bad dude?. C'mon. Next thing you'll be saying Frank Walker is great.

Frank Walker aint great????

Thanks for missing me. :)

Been working ridiculous hours and doing a lot of traveling. Plus, every now and then I get tired of the board because of the repetitious nature of political discussions. I'm only starting to get back interested in off-season football. From what I can tell....the Giants have a lot of free money to spend on FA's and are in an enviable position in the draft because of extra picks. Of all the FA's out there, I am most impressed with how Houshmandzadeh would fit in with the Giants.

I missed you too big guy... I, too, work ridiculous hours now.. with lots of traveling. But I keep up with the board mainly to keep certain people honest.. and who said the P&R is repetitive? I've been just cursing people out.. anyone who disagrees with me.. yeah fuck that guy :P

Houshmandzadeh is an unrestricted FA and he boldly states that he is not going to return to Cincy.

Regardless....we're about to lose the steady clutch Toomer and Plax is a crap shoot on whether or not he ever dons the blue again, so it would be wise to go after Houshmandzadeh. The man is an animal on the field and very clutch.....and he's a class act off the field as well.....a rare quality in a star WR.

We should still draft a tall, speedy WR to develop long term, but having Houshmandzadeh in the fold would give Eli a reliable target while the young guys continue to come up to NFL speed.

By fixing the hole we'll have in the WR corps, it allows Reese the opportunity to draft high end players that might not be an immediate need, but have star potential.

That's my 2 centavos anyway!

I'm for TJ replacing our aging Toomer. However I still think the Giants should do whatever it takes to hold on to Plax.. assuming he stays out of jail.. which by all accounts.. he should.

its funny cuz if Plax is back we dont need to add any WR's at all

Not true. The likelihood is that Plax is not coming back. Especially not this year. But even if he were, our next best receiver is Steve Smith. I like him, but I think we'd be a more dangerous team if he was our third best WR. Say that we traded for Braylon Edwards or Anquan Boldin, and then drafted Kenny Britt. You have those two guys at 1-2 and Smith still in the slot (or switch roles with Smith/Britt) then we are way better off than if we have a crew where our top 3 are Plax, Smith, and Hixon. I also believe that we need some more turnover at the position other than Toomer as well. Particularly Moss. For that reason, I feel that we will need to add 2 WR's this offseason.

My wishlist is:

Braylon

Britt

Smith

Hixon

Manningham

Tyree

This WR corps can absorb an injury to one of the top two guys way better than we could with Plax this past year.

Plus, if the Giants just got Plax back and only Plax, then you are risking the Giants having the same impotent WR corps that let us down in '08 should Plax either get hurt or do something stupid again (or both), either of which have a fairly good likelihood of happening, and we can't take that chance again.