SportsWrath

ARod a Steroid Abuser

mickeef2

I'm curious as to why he won't answer the question of what he took. He obviously knows what he was taking, but he is using the "I don't know" route. Pretty weak. Just come clean. I will have more respect for him if he would just say what he was using.

The fact that he won't say leads me to believe that he may have used HGH. I would not want to say that I used HGH because then people would say that he could be still using it and nobody would know. Obviously, the positive tests were for something different. But if A-Rod says that he was using steroid A and that's it, then later it is discovered that he did use steroid A but he's also used HGH, he will look even worse than he does right now, and nobody will believe any statement he gives of contrition.

By continuing to be vague about what exactly he put into his body when questioned, in my mind he continues to keep a cloud of suspicion over him, and there are still unanswered questions that must be accounted for if he truly wishes to remove all skepticism from his career even going forward.

I say this as a baseball fan, not as a Met fan, or Yankee hater. I would say the same thing if this story broke about David Wright.

It will never happen, but I wish A-Rod would voluntarily submit to random HGH testing for the remainder of his career to lead the way and truly show that he is serious about his contrition.

I got a theory. Obviously all of this was orchestrated by his PR people and lawyers.

Now, if he comes out and says whatever substance he did do, then Congress is going to come after him with a shitload of questions and they will want names and dates. They will probably call him in to try and get him involved. If he acts naive and says he didn't know what he took then it's harder for them to come after him.

if it were up to me, anyone who had the numbers would get in. baseball has always been a game of cheaters. to all of a sudden be self righteous about it, is pure hypocrisy.

:clap:

Although, to all those Yankee fans that have said "when Arod breaks the HR record it will be clean again" I do get a little kick out of all this.

But i agree with you. Cheating is as big a part of baseball history as bats. And i think it's the modern society's false outrage at everything that drives the current feeding frenzy about steroids. Even Sammy's corked bat created more out cry than any corked bat i can ever remember in my lifetime. I think people today love to be outraged at everything, and that ruins the game more than any drug.

I got a theory. Obviously all of this was orchestrated by his PR people and lawyers.

Now, if he comes out and says whatever substance he did do, then Congress is going to come after him with a shitload of questions and they will want names and dates. They will probably call him in to try and get him involved. If he acts naive and says he didn't know what he took then it's harder for them to come after him.

Plow you may be right.

:clap:

Although, to all those Yankee fans that have said "when Arod breaks the HR record it will be clean again" I do get a little kick out of all this.

But i agree with you. Cheating is as big a part of baseball history as bats. And i think it's the modern society's false outrage at everything that drives the current feeding frenzy about steroids. Even Sammy's corked bat created more out cry than any corked bat i can ever remember in my lifetime. I think people today love to be outraged at everything, and that ruins the game more than any drug.

VG, what is so wrong with the public expecting that their team's and opposing teams play the game with respect and free of performance enhancing drugs? I don't see anything wrong with cheaters getting their due. We want a game we can feel good about watching, that it is pure baseball, not a bunch of juiced pitchers pitching to juiced batters. Steroids has soured the game for the fans. We don't want to pay to see a bunch of cheaters. Some of the cheating you are referring to as far as vaseline under a cap and even a corked bat is a little gamesmanship and more forgiveable. It was a little ridiculous seeing Sammy slammed over the bat incident, but at the time he was hitting a lot of homeruns, everyone loved him, and I think people were disappointed that he might have gotten a few of them dishonestly.

But players chemically altering themselves to perform at a higher level on a day in, day out basis... that takes the joy out of baseball for me as a fan.

VG, what is so wrong with the public expecting that their team's and opposing teams play the game with respect and free of performance enhancing drugs? I don't see anything wrong with cheaters getting their due. We want a game we can feel good about watching, that it is pure baseball, not a bunch of juiced pitchers pitching to juiced batters. Steroids has soured the game for the fans. We don't want to pay to see a bunch of cheaters. Some of the cheating you are referring to as far as vaseline under a cap and even a corked bat is a little gamesmanship and more forgiveable. It was a little ridiculous seeing Sammy slammed over the bat incident, but at the time he was hitting a lot of homeruns, everyone loved him, and I think people were disappointed that he might have gotten a few of them dishonestly.

But players chemically altering themselves to perform at a higher level on a day in, day out basis... that takes the joy out of baseball for me as a fan.

You know what is so funny about the corked bat routine is that guys actually retard their ability to hit a home run by a percentage point or two. Its not the weight of the bat that matters so much as bat speed upon contact. A somewhat lighter bat actually gives a pure homerun hitter a slightly better chance of hitting it out than heavier bats.

Rollie Fingers is pretty much adored for his altering the ball. Spitters, scuffing the ball, corked bats, etc are in the lore of baseball.

Then you move on to substances. Amphetamines and cocaine were huge in baseball. Willie Mays and Hank Aaron used amphetamines, I mean, who's never heard the term "greenies" when it comes to baseball players.

Baseball produced and encouraged the roid culture in baseball, and I think it's s sham that all of a sudden people are outraged and baseball is now trying to make them pay. Why should McGuire, Bonds, Sosa be held out of the Hall of Fame? Bud Selig is the one who belongs in jail, you want to be outraged be outraged at him for turning a blind eye. Don't be shocked when baseball players will do what they've always done, trying to gain a competitive advantage, especially while baseball sat around and let them do it, and encouraged them to do it. Why do you think there wasn't steroid testing until this decade? Only when the heat go turned on did baseball all of a sudden find a conscience.

Here's a pretty good site.

All this self righteous gloating bullshit coming from certian "Red Sox Nation" fans is going to come back to haunt them when one of their beloved superstars eventually gets revealed as a juicer. It's only a matter of time.

Do we then start topics questioning whether the Curse is still on and that the drought would be closing in on the century mark?

In my opinion, this is about the well being of the overall game. I don't care for Arods personality but as a Yankee fan I rooted for him to play well. Now that he's an admitted juicer, everything he does will be called into question and rightly so.

If this was Ortiz, Manny, Varitek, etc etc..I would still be wishing that it weren't true...rivalry be damned. It's sad that some Sox fans can't allow the recent 2 championships to help them get over their inferiority complex induced obsessions about the Yankees.

I hear ya, Intl. I said the same thing when the self righteous Yankee nation was complaining about Bonds breaking the beloved Fat Alky's record.

Whatever Yankee fans did that are now looking pretty stupid...and it will be the same for any fan of any team who is claiming that their favorite past or present teams are completely clean.

Bernie Williams is/was my favorite baseball player but I am not naive enough to make claims that he was incapable of being guilty while pointing the finger at others. The sad part is we'll never know who didn't take steriods because there will always be a cloud of suspicion over the players of the last 20 years and there will be no way to disprove it completely. A sad era for baseball.

Whatever Yankee fans did that are now looking pretty stupid...and it will be the same for any fan of any team who is claiming that their favorite past or present teams are completely clean.

what would be really great is if we found out schilling used.

what would be really great is if we found out schilling used.

He was on a yankee site I visit the day the news broke (Saturday), sharing his opinions on arod and claiming he never has.

Of course neither the Yankees or Red Sox Fans on the board could admit with full confidence that they could just blindly trust what he said...and he could understand.

He was on a yankee site I visit the day the news broke (Saturday), sharing his opinions on arod and claiming he never has.

Of course neither the Yankees or Red Sox Fans on the board could admit with full confidence that they could just blindly trust what he said...and he could understand.

wtf is he doing on a yankees site? that guy is a major toolbag.

wtf is he doing on a yankees site? that guy is a major toolbag.

The mods at the site are cool with it. Of course, there are Yankee fans who really hate the fact that he is there and make it known and get upset when the Red Sox Fans fawn over anything he has to say.

Then there are people like me who understand that he has an uncontrollable urge to share everything little opinion he has in the hopes that everyone cares and don't let it bother them too much.

I doubt greenies affected a genneration of players who stayed in the minors becaused they followed the rules and didn't abuse roids... verses the guys who not only kept their careers going longer but broke records in the process.

All this self righteous gloating bullshit coming from certian "Red Sox Nation" fans is going to come back to haunt them when one of their beloved superstars eventually gets revealed as a juicer. It's only a matter of time.

Do we then start topics questioning whether the Curse is still on and that the drought would be closing in on the century mark?

In my opinion, this is about the well being of the overall game. I don't care for Arods personality but as a Yankee fan I rooted for him to play well. Now that he's an admitted juicer, everything he does will be called into question and rightly so.

If this was Ortiz, Manny, Varitek, etc etc..I would still be wishing that it weren't true...rivalry be damned. It's sad that some Sox fans can't allow the recent 2 championships to help them get over their inferiority complex induced obsessions about the Yankees.

Poor Yankee fans- are the mean Sox fans giving you a hard time? Oh well, at least you have your class and good sportsmanship to fall back on. Those guys who curse at my kids when I take them to Yankee Stadium must be Red Sox fans in disguise.

You know, I hear over and over about how there'll be hell to pay when a prominent Sox player is caught, yet all I keep hearing about are current and former Yankees. Could it be possible that your team just cheated a lot more than everybody else? They've already proven they have no integrity or credibility with the way they were looking to get out of paying Giambi when he got caught...until he started hitting again.

Poor Yankee fans- are the mean Sox fans giving you a hard time? Oh well, at least you have your class and good sportsmanship to fall back on. Those guys who curse at my kids when I take them to Yankee Stadium must be Red Sox fans in disguise.

You know, I hear over and over about how there'll be hell to pay when a prominent Sox player is caught, yet all I keep hearing about are current and former Yankees. Could it be possible that your team just cheated a lot more than everybody else? They've already proven they have no integrity or credibility with the way they were looking to get out of paying Giambi when he got caught...until he started hitting again.

A-rod being on the Rangers meant he was already a Yankee? Or how about Pettitte with the Astros, meant he was cheating for the Yankees?

Why dont you jump off a bridge already, you fucking tool. I feel bad for your children, the ones you birthed and the poor hopeless ones you "teach".

Here's a list of players that will eventually be mentioned from your heavenly squad, that already had signed Gagne knowing damn well he roided.

Shilling

Ortiz

Mueller

Varitek

wait for it, dillrod

I doubt greenies affected a genneration of players who stayed in the minors becaused they followed the rules and didn't abuse roids... verses the guys who not only kept their careers going longer but broke records in the process.

What rules would that be? The one that didn't prohibit steroids in baseball until this century?

Am I to believe that while steroids were all the rage in football in the 70's that it remained out of baseball? Hank Aaron hit 40 home runs at the age of 39.

In fact, a little factoid Blunatic showed me some time ago. 1973 was an interesting year. There were 4 players to hit 40 home runs that year, the Braves had 3 of them. Aaron, Davey Johnson (who throughout a 12 year career, other than 1973, never touched 20 home runs.

In fact, a Braves pitcher of that time, Tom House, came out and said steroids were rampant as early as the late 60's,.

Link

not to stir the pot, but the reason the sox didn't get arod was not that they suspected him of steroids.

A-rod being on the Rangers meant he was already a Yankee? Or how about Pettitte with the Astros, meant he was cheating for the Yankees?

Why dont you jump off a bridge already, you fucking tool. I feel bad for your children, the ones you birthed and the poor hopeless ones you "teach".

Here's a list of players that will eventually be mentioned from your heavenly squad, that already had signed Gagne knowing damn well he roided.

Shilling

Ortiz

Mueller

Varitek

wait for it, dillrod

Dillrod? Now I know why all the guys at work think you're a pussy.

I know you'd like to believe that but the actual truth of guys like Giambi, Clemens, and Arod is that they started roiding with other teams. The Yankees biggest mistake was in going after the "top" players who were being aided by steriods. Fortunately for you, your scrappy dirt dog Sox can't "afford" to keep up with the Yankees so they lose out on these players and spend 51,111,111 for the rights to talk with lovable clean and upstanding foriegn pitchers who can't help walking the bases loaded every inning. And please don't claim the morale high ground with regards to avoiding getting suspected steriod users when the Mitchell Report documents e-mails with the Red Sox front office discussing Eric Gagne's highly suspected steriod use before trading for him, and they went ahead and got him anyway.

Your team almost got Arod and this would have been your problem. Of course, all the Red Sox Fans were going out of thier minds with glee thinking they had A-rod until the last minute when the deal fell through and he went to the Yankees. If that deal had gone through would that have made your team cheaters too?

The true answer is no. You already have/have had players on your team who are roiding. If Mitchell had used a trainer in the Red Sox clubhouse to gather information for the Mitchell Report then there would have been a few more names on the list that would have had you cringing. Lucky for you, Mitchell went with the trainer who was in the Yankees and Mets Clubhouses. I would hope Mitchell didn't allow his stake in the Red Sox Organization to effect his judgement regarding the fact that no prominent Red Sox were on the list, but we'll never know. Bud was the one who made the decision and screwed that one up like he has everything else.

The Giambi thing is an absolute lie. His contract was ridiculously unmovable and if you bothered to take off the Red Sox colored glasses you would know this. The minute Giambis contract was up this year, it was bye bye. Although I think you do understand this and you are hoping that I am stupid and will believe your fanboyish attempts to attack the Yankees. Interestingly enough, i don't see you denying your inferiority complex driven obsession for the Yankees. I'm glad you've come to accept it.

I got some news for you...just because no names have come out yet about your beloved Red Sox players doesn't mean you don't have a team full of cheaters too...I would bet all teams have a team full of cheaters if you were really honest with yourself in the fact that there are still 103 unnamed players on that list. If you prefer to live with your head in the sand then go for it....you'll just fit in nicely with all the other bitter spoiled sox fans who will be crying with their Pink hat wearing girlfriends when Big Papi goes down in a blaze of glory.

Have fun when that happens. :)