SportsWrath

Bigblue01

ksm7

this is the first super bowl in the dog's recent memory that seems to be going by almost un-noticed relative to most...the dog was just wondering how it is in Arizona...

probably a topic not for this section, but it is the super bowl...

You know, I was gonna ask what the rest of the world is hearing about the game, cause I thought this might be the case. It's obviously more talked about and celebrated here than everywhere else outside of Pittsburgh, but it's not what I would expect from a city who's team is in the Big game. I know we've already been through the "new" Cards fans, and bandwaggoners, etc....but really, thats what I see mostly. I see a significant jump in people who have Cards gear on, flags and stickers on their vehicles and decoration on thier homes/offices. It's new to these people, so they have to start somewhere. The radio stations and TV stations promote it alot, but very few are into it like theymean it. Alot seem to be goin with the flow, joining the party so to speak. So, in summary, it's a big thing down here, but obviously not like in NY or something.

You know, I was gonna ask what the rest of the world is hearing about the game, cause I thought this might be the case. So, in summary, it's a big thing down here, but obviously not like in NY or something.

I've got sports talk on and it is nothing like last year....but that is for obvious reasons. And what time they might put into talking about it has been dominated by the Torre book. There are updates on what is going on down in Tampa and Franscesa has been down there since Monday so he has had some stuff, mainly interviews with people. But the morning and midday shows have barely touched it until today.

Booh and Lubeck,

I figured as much. I'm a little happy for the the state I live in and call home, but the Cards just seem so lucky to be here, and I cant see anyone else caring about this game unless you are a Cards fan (for some reason) or a Steeler fan. You know whats funny, the thing that sticks out most here......are the Steeler fans! lol There's a TON!!!!

Booh and Lubeck,

I figured as much. I'm a little happy for the the state I live in and call home, but the Cards just seem so lucky to be here, and I cant see anyone else caring about this game unless you are a Cards fan (for some reason) or a Steeler fan. You know whats funny, the thing that sticks out most here......are the Steeler fans! lol There's a TON!!!!

Perhaps you can do a survey for the board. Ask these fans how many are true Arizona/Pitt fans and how many are waiting to cement their position until 10:30, Sunday night, eastern time. Thanks! :clap:

Um, hold everything. What is it with this civil dialogue between Hotdog and Bigblue? Everything I know has changed. Next you're going to tell me they came out with boneless chicken wings.

lol I thought this was going to be a calling out thread myself when I first saw it.

The interest and attention last year's SB generated only comes when you have at least one of the major media markets....and last year, we had two. Not having a team from the NE corridor, Chicago or any major west coast city will limit the casual fan draw. To us, it's the Super Bowl, it's a great day and we're into it...but to bring about the super hoopla kind of electricity, you've got to bring in the masses of "holiday fans".

Booh and Lubeck,

There are tons of Steeler fans everywhere Blue, there's one bar in New York that is supposedly exclusive for the Steelers.

We are getting a ton of shit on it here because Warner is an Iowa boy......they have him going into the Hall on a first ballot and Jesus is going to come down and personally do his induction speech.

Makes you want to root for Pittsburgh just so you don't have to hear the "And one more thing...thank you Jesus" tripe he is going to roll out with as soon as they hand him the Lombardi Trophy.

I got to think even Jesus throws up a little in his own mouth every time Warner gets loose on a mic.

C. Wagon

Perhaps you can do a survey for the board. Ask these fans how many are true Arizona/Pitt fans and how many are waiting to cement their position until 10:30, Sunday night, eastern time. Thanks! :clap:

No prob. Maybe some are. Maybe they have been waiting a while, rooting only for those teams, and something like this would solidify it, make it that much sweeter. Or, maybe some are waiting for various teams throughout the nation to see which one wins something, and then jump on that bandwagon. You handle that survey for me, K? Since your the pro on that kinda stuff. ;)

i will probably not stay up to finish watching it. my only interest is hitting my numbers in the pool--but i hit thta last year and i dont like my odds of hitting a 1-100 shot 2 out of 3 years

Im going to a party to watch it just to get drunk. :)

Booh and Lubeck,

No one in my circle is talking about it at all. Another reason why I am pissed off is that I was going to invite this West Coast Giants fan to a Super Bowl party at a Midtown sports bar....she was a former Brooklynite who is half Egyptian and half Puerto Rican. Another reason why Gilfuck better not cross in front of me, if I am behind the wheel. :furious: Never get between a Brother and a potential date. :brooding:

theres a football game this sunday?

I am going to be doing one of two things. Checking out a good movie or reading a good book. I have absolutely no interest other than hoping Arizona ekes out a win. But not enough interest to actually watch it. I can see the commercials and Springsteen on YouTube. I am quite sure NBC (?) is very happy with this less than marque matchup. No Giants, Panthers, Titans, Chargers, Dolphins or even Falcons to liven things up and to attract a decent viewership.