SportsWrath

No Jacobs or Ward

Lughead

link

...posted by Peter Wade...

picture-12.pngIf you listen long enough, and believe me I torture myself, WFAN's Mike Francesa actually produces some real news. Today, Fancesa had Kim Jones on and while most of their conversation centered around the Joe Torre book and Arod, right before Kim Jones left Mike asked her about the Yes Network's "This Week In Football". Jones said she interviewed Giants GM Jerry Reese. The interview will air this Friday evening.

In the interview Jones told Francesa:

"He (Reese) brings up the subject that not only will they (the Giants), might, not be able to re-sign
Brandon Jacobs
they might not resign {
Derrick
}
Ward
either."

Francesa: "Either one?"

Jones: "There is a chance that neither one will be a Giant and Jerry Reese brought that up."

Now, Mike mostly brushed it off as a negotiating ploy with Jacobs and he might be correct but with all the time to fill during his show it does seem to be something to follow up on.

can't happen.......................... :o

You never know.

Maybe Jacobs is sitting there asking for 18+mil a year for 6 years or something like that and if thats the case the Giant's wont be signing him...but some other team will be.

Hopefully this isnt the case and Reese was just playing to the press.

You never know.

Maybe Jacobs is sitting there asking for 18+mil a year for 6 years or something like that and if thats the case the Giant's wont be signing him...but some other team will be.

Hopefully this isnt the case and Reese was just playing to the press.

18+ mil a year?? Can I hit what your smoking over there?

18+ mil a year?? Can I hit what your smoking over there?

Like I said you never know.

Maybe he's sitting there going "Hey look at what Eli is going to get, well I'm basically their only option at RB so I want a deal like that too"

I mean sure BJ is a great guy but from all indication from what I've read is he wants to get paid and paid starting money.

I'm confident a deal will get worked out but I wouldn't be totally shocked if he was asking to much.

before you guys get all bent out of shape...you have to wonder what Jacobs will be asking...if he is asking for crazy money then no the Giants won't resign him (nor will the eagles, they are cheap). Reese has shown over the past couple of years he knows what he is doing, I am hoping that this is one of those moves. I would love to see both guys back in Giant blue next year, but whatever happens, happens.

he's just being realistic. if he comes out and says "we HAVE to sign one of them" then he gives up leverage when ward signs somewhere else. plus, there's the nighmare scenario of jacobs signing someone else and then reese having to overpay ward (i dont even want to think about him being our featured back)

he's just being realistic. if he comes out and says "we HAVE to sign one of them" then he gives up leverage when ward signs somewhere else. plus, there's the nighmare scenario of jacobs signing someone else and then reese having to overpay ward (i dont even want to think about him being our featured back)

Yes, Ward has only been effective as a change of pace guy. After the defense start licking their bruises from Jacobs and his straight ahead running style...they now have to adjust to a guy who is speedier and who can deke and juke out there. Whenever he was fed the ball exclusively without Jacobs he has been very ordinary. In fact I think he would have a longer career being part of a package rather than being the guy.

Yes, Ward has only been effective as a change of pace guy. After the defense start licking their bruises from Jacobs and his straight ahead running style...they now have to adjust to a guy who is speedier and who can deke and juke out there. Whenever he was fed the ball exclusively without Jacobs he has been very ordinary. In fact I think he would have a longer career being part of a package rather than being the guy.

i agree, but he wants to get paid and this is his only shot.

i agree, but he wants to get paid and this is his only shot.

Yeah I hear you....but without the guaranteed money...he is one knee surgery away from oblivion. I much rather would have a 7-8 year career at this point than to have a 2-3 year career and quit with another two years left on the contract.

gotta sign Jacobs. I dont want Ward back at his cost

but we need Jacobs

or else we have to draft a RB in round 1

round 1? really? you do know that Jacobs was a 4th rounder right? and Ward was a 7th rounder? showing you can grab good backs later in the draft.

Round 1 is reserved for the important positions...QB, OL, DL, LB and secondary

round 1? really? you do know that Jacobs was a 4th rounder right? and Ward was a 7th rounder? showing you can grab good backs later in the draft.

Round 1 is reserved for the important positions...QB, OL, DL, LB and secondary

I know, I know, I am aware of that. BUT we would need someone thats a lock to produce right away.

I know, I know, I am aware of that. BUT we would need someone thats a lock to produce right away.

ahmad bradshaw....he'll do fine and you never know what they can steal in free agency, or pick up in the later rounds of the draft.

did you forget who the RB was the last time we took one in round 1? I'd rather not say his name.

Bradshaw, Ware..hello

what tells you that Bradshaw and Ware can handle the load??

Ware was a complete bust down in Georgia, we dont know if can come in and produce with Bradshaw.

We could be seeing fumbleitis come back to the meadowlands for all we know

what tells you that Bradshaw and Ware can handle the load??

Ware was a complete bust down in Georgia, we dont know if can come in and produce with Bradshaw.

We could be seeing fumbleitis come back to the meadowlands for all we know

Point is we already have two RBs. Taking a RB in the first is fucking stupid.

How the hell can someone IN college be a bust? I didnt know they had a highschool draft.

Point is we already have two RBs. Taking a RB in the first is fucking stupid.

How the hell can someone IN college be a bust? I didnt know they had a highschool draft.

We have one capable RB maybe two in Ware.

There both not gonna stay healthy all year ill tell you that. (Bradshaw gets dinged up and is a smaller guy, and Ware is an unknown first year guy)

So were gunna have to add a good player in Round 1 if not day 1 if Jacobs and Ward walk away just for some insurance.

Id lean on getting a big bruising back.

Were gonna need 25-30 carries a game and you realistically cant depend on #44 and #28 to hold that up all year.