SportsWrath

Take one GIANT back from the last few years

osi724dasack

its tough.

I would say its between, Tiki, Strahan, Gibril Wilson (amazing run defender, probly the best at his position in run support and the blitz he pretty good too), or maybe Kurt Warner, or maybe Mitchell

You hate Eli Manning don't you, I would probably go with Jeremy Shockey(i know i should be kicked off the boards now). You can't argue we missed Shockey's production and emotion this year, i know he had his locker room problems but most of it was with management, alot of players wanted him back. Nobody on this team showed any emotion against Philly, Shockey had an absolutely disdain for the Eagles and owned Brain Dawkins especially in the red zone

You hate Eli Manning don't you, I would probably go with Jeremy Shockey(i know i should be kicked off the boards now). You can't argue we missed Shockey's production and emotion this year, i know he had his locker room problems but most of it was with management, alot of players wanted him back. Nobody on this team showed any emotion against Philly, Shockey had an absolutely disdain for the Eagles and owned Brain Dawkins especially in the red zone

if it was shock instead of boss when dawkins led with his helmet, instead of getting up and kinda wanting a flag, shock woulda been fired up and it woulda fired up the team also.

though im happy with our 2nd and 5th round picks

I wouldn't take Shockey back if he paid the team 15 million dollars. We "missed his production and emotion?" Boss doubled Shock's production this year and we got all the "emotion" we needed outta Plax Burress for the season. Plus, there's reports out of New Orleans that the locker room hates Shockey and he's worn out his welcome already... we definitely got the better end of the deal.

I'd love to have Jesse Armstead. If you want fire, emotion, and passion AND clutch plays, he's your guy.

Need and emotion? Right, yeah, exactly. Once Dawkins led with his helmet to Shockey, Shockey

would have done something incredibly stupid like get his team a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct

penalty. I'll never forget the time against the Packers last year, idiot catches a 1st down pass and spikes

the ball, which negated the 1st down because of a Packers penalty.

Aside from Shockey's rookie year, when did he "own" Dawkins in the redzone? Shockey's as overrated

as they come.

I wouldn't take Shockey back if he paid the team 15 million dollars. We "missed his production and emotion?" Boss doubled Shock's production this year and we got all the "emotion" we needed outta Plax Burress for the season. Plus, there's reports out of New Orleans that the locker room hates Shockey and he's worn out his welcome already... we definitely got the better end of the deal

I'd love to have Jesse Armstead. If you want fire, emotion, and passion AND clutch plays, he's your guy.

How did Boss double Shockeys production, he had 33 receptions to Shockeys 57 in limited time last year, plus Shockey was ten times the blocker that Boss is, Boss did have 6 td's but none in the clutch

Need and emotion? Right, yeah, exactly. Once Dawkins led with his helmet to Shockey, Shockey

would have done something incredibly stupid like get his team a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct

penalty. I'll never forget the time against the Packers last year, idiot catches a 1st down pass and spikes

the ball, which negated the 1st down because of a Packers penalty.

Shockey's presence on the field keeps Dawkins out of the box, where he spent most of the day clogging up running lanes

Aside from Shockey's rookie year, when did he "own" Dawkins in the redzone? Shockey's as overrated

as they come.

Shockey's presence on the field keeps Dawkins out of the box, where he spent most of the day clogging up running lanes

I think he was referring to Shockey's production this year, which was not impressive. Boss didn't double him up, but 50 catches for 483 yards with ZERO touchdowns in a pass happy offense is not impressive (while missing 4 games due to what else but another injury). Boss's production was good this year, and you also have to remember that Eli didn't go to Boss early in the season, either. Boss's output in a run-oriented offense was just fine, and he will just go up as he gets more experience. By the way, 6 of Boss's 33 receptions were TD's, compared to the bagel from Shockey.

Shockey was a bad influence on the team and most importantly, on Eli. Eli is a lot more comfortable now that he doesn't have dumbass Jeremy yelling at him after every other play saying he was open and should get the ball.

Good riddance. If there was a player that we could've used down the stretch it would've been Plaxico.

How did Boss double Shockeys production, he had 33 receptions to Shockeys 57 in limited time last year, plus Shockey was ten times the blocker that Boss is, Boss did have 6 td's but none in the clutch

Right and Boss also blocked for 2 guys who ran for 1,000 yards.

Really? None of his TD's were clutch? How about his 1st one of the season against the Bengals,

his TD tied the game up, the Giants would eventually win in OT.

His winning Touchdown catch against Pittsburgh, I guess that wasn't clutch either.

The leg store just called my cell, they said you have nothing to stand on.

Also, Boss actually blocked pretty well this year and is an aspect of his game they are working on improving. Shockey was NOT a good blocker coming out of Miami either.

He did do a better job of blocking this year, i still don't think Boss is a true #1, wouldn't mind a Brandon Pettigrew in the draft or Chase Coffman with one of our first three picks, to help stretch the middle of the field, if we were gonna keep (dare i say it) Gilbride :furious: we definently need a two TE set

He did do a better job of blocking this year, i still don't think Boss is a true #1, wouldn't mind a Brandon Pettigrew in the draft or Chase Coffman with one of our first three picks, to help stretch the middle of the field, if we were gonna keep (dare i say it) Gilbride :furious: we definently need a two TE set

Gilbride doesn't use the tight end very much. Why waste a high pick on someone who won't get used.

I think Boss is going to be a great player, he's got great hands too. Dave Casper like hands.

Ike Hilliard, he would have been a dependable WR this past year and a real veteran who knows how to get open and make the tough catches that seemed to allude us when Plax went down ... err was shot down.

I also think this defense missed Kawika Mitchell very much

Ike Hilliard, he would have been a dependable WR this past year and a real veteran who knows how to get open and make the tough catches that seemed to allude us when Plax went down ... err was shot down.

we can live without Ike.

he was a bust, big bust. I like him only because I became a fan when he was drafted.one of my fav players, but def a bit of a bust.

I would take Tiki back. If Tiki had been in for those 4th and 1's, we'd have gotten them.

i think he would've gotten either of them too but i feel like they wouldn't ahve run tiki in either of those spots. jacobs ran in every short yardage situation when tiki was sitll on the team.

I forgot about him, and yeah, I add him to my list. I wanted to trade him after his first couple of games, too. :cwy:

Tiki for his all around offense.

Strahan for his leadership, among other things.

i think he would've gotten either of them too but i feel like they wouldn't ahve run tiki in either of those spots. jacobs ran in every short yardage situation when tiki was sitll on the team.

He didn't run them that much outside goalline situations Midas, the point I'm making is, is that when Jacobs ran to the line, he ran into his own lineman, Tiki would have spotted the space on the left and ran for a few yards on that.

I know everyone loves Jacobs and for good reason, but I miss Tiki because he could win games on his own.

we can live without Ike.

he was a bust, big bust. I like him only because I became a fan when he was drafted.one of my fav players, but def a bit of a bust.

You and Nem need to get off the meds regarding Ike there Osi. He wasn't a star wide receiver but he certainly wasn't a bust.

Couldn't be more wrong. Tune into NFL Matchup early Sunday mornings, Merrill Hoge has had a man-crush on Boss most of the year entirely because of his blocking. He's shown some clips of Boss putting guys on their backs, and I'm not talking DBs or undersized LBs, I'm talking DEs. Boss owns Trent Cole.

...if this season proved anything, it was Plax that kept Dawkins out of the box. Watch film comparing 1st Philly game w/ Plax - where Dawkins is always 10 yards or more back - to the 2nd game, without Plax, where Dawkins is up on the line the whole damn time.