SportsWrath

Take one GIANT back from the last few years

osi724dasack

You and Nem need to get off the meds regarding Ike there Osi. He wasn't a star wide receiver but he certainly wasn't a bust.

lol, thats the truth. Its not Ike's fault he came out in a weak draft and got picked way too early. Most years, a guy with his skills is a 2nd rounder. And he would have been a solid 2nd round pick.

Ike was hardly a bust and has carved out a very nice career for himself. 1st rounder? probably not. But he made the tough catches in traffic(like Smith does) and he could go deep at time when needed(remember the 2000 season). I will always have a soft spot for IKE and I feel his veteran presence would have been suited well for this team. Remember one thing, Amani Toomer was trying to do the past 3 years what Ike did, be the #2 possesion WR and IMO he was never as good at that as Ike was. Not to diminish Amani, but he was once upon a time the Plax in the Giants offense and I feel Ike would have served this team well the past year.

Ike was hardly a bust and has carved out a very nice career for himself. 1st rounder? probably not. But he made the tough catches in traffic(like Smith does) and he could go deep at time when needed(remember the 2000 season). I will always have a soft spot for IKE and I feel his veteran presence would have been suited well for this team. Remember one thing, Amani Toomer was trying to do the past 3 years what Ike did, be the #2 possesion WR and IMO he was never as good at that as Ike was. Not to diminish Amani, but he was once upon a time the Plax in the Giants offense and I feel Ike would have served this team well the past year.

Agree, plus keep in mind that Ike suffered a hellaciuos injury where he could have been done forever.

Agree, plus keep in mind that Ike suffered a hellaciuos injury where he could have been done forever.

Yes that was a foul hit from that Jaguar and I believe it changed his playing style and limited his mobility after that. Basically a broken neck that required a fusion of vertebrae.

Totalkly agreed, and Ike's one of the nicest guys to boot. That injury he suffered against JAC was devastating, most people don't come back from that.

You and Nem need to get off the meds regarding Ike there Osi. He wasn't a star wide receiver but he certainly wasn't a bust.

For where he was picked in the draft, Ike Hilliard was a bust.

For the 7th pick overall he was a bust, just like many other Florida WR's.

he would have been a good 2nd or 3rd rounder

Well shit, then he would have been a fantastic 7th rounder.

You and Storm must have a different definition of bust than I do. Bust, to me is that he wasn't able to hack it in the league at all.

You and Storm must have a different definition of bust than I do. Bust, to me is that he wasn't able to hack it in the league at all.

"For where he was picked in the draft, he was a bust"

Jeremy Shockey because if he was healthy this season, he would have stepped up where nobody did after Burress.

Now a Giant that could have been something special with us but was let go before his time, Joe Jurevicious. The man could catch and was a vertical threat. More than my favorite WR Ike Hilliard.

Was he worth the #7 pick? No not at all, he did have a mediocre NFL career though

We could have gotten a much better player such as Tony Gonzalez, or James Farrior, or Warrick Dunn, Chris Canty, Trevor Price, Orlando Pace, Walter Jones, Sean Springs, Peter Boulware, Sam Madison or even Darren Sharper in that Draft.

He might not be a Ron Dayne, but he certainly isnt a Toomer

Here are Ikes career stats

Receiving

Year Team G Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Lng TD 20+ 40+ 1st FUM

2008 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16 47 424 9.0 26.5 36T 4 2 0 31 1

2007 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 15 62 722 11.6 48.1 56 1 7 2 37 2

2006 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16 34 339 10.0 21.2 44T 2 2 1 19 0

2005 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16 35 282 8.1 17.6 22 1 1 0 24 0

2004 New York Giants 16 49 437 8.9 27.3 43 0 2 1 22 3

2003 New York Giants 13 60 608 10.1 46.8 38 6 2 0 38 2

2002 New York Giants 7 27 386 14.3 55.1 38 2 5 0 21 0

2001 New York Giants 14 52 659 12.7 47.1 38 6 10 0 36 0

2000 New York Giants 14 55 787 14.3 56.2 59 8 13 2 44 0

1999 New York Giants 16 72 996 13.8 62.2 46 3 16 1 50 0

1998 New York Giants 16 51 715 14.0 44.7 50 2 11 4 29 2

1997 New York Giants 2 2 42 21.0 21.0 23 0 1 0 2 0

TOTAL 161 546 6,397 11.7 39.7 59 35 72 11 353 10

A tad bit injury prone too

at #7 your looking for a #1 wideout.

Ike never had a #1 WR season stat wise. He was a good #2 in his prime and then quickly became a #3 quality receiver. before his skills dropped and he is more of a #4 or 5 now.

He is oly 32, but began declining at age 27.

Not a good draft selection.