SportsWrath

GIANTS v RAVENS SUPERBOWL

BIGBLUE01

i dont like giants v collins. karma is not in our favor on that one from strictly a storyline perspective

I think if we were to make the Super Bowl and Collins was our opponent....all it would take would be one of Tuck's homicidal type rush/sacks and old Kerry would get the same case of Happy Feet he had against the Ravens.

I think if we were to make the Super Bowl and Collins was our opponent....all it would take would be one of Tuck's homicidal type rush/sacks and old Kerry would get the same case of Happy Feet he had against the Ravens.

i def think we're a better team than them, im just saying from a storyline perspective if that game was a movie kerry would beat us

That's bullshit. If you expect SBs every season you're either a dreamer or a moron. I expect my teams to be competitive and to have a chance at the title, but saying anything short of that is failure is just retarded and shows a poor understanding of the modern NFL.

ok...but first, the dog never said failure - it is settling for less. and as a fan of a defending champion that rolled through the regular season, got the number 1 seed, and is very arguably the best team in the league, how can you want to settle for less? it's fine if you do, but to just want to be competetive is best left for the fans of teams with average expectations or lower, in the dog's opinion. the giants own the road to the super bowl, and are three games short of repeating - at this stage, it is not being a dreamer and certainly not a moron...it is very realistic, and the expectation should be so.

ok...but first, the dog never said failure - it is settling for less. and as a fan of a defending champion that rolled through the regular season, got the number 1 seed, and is very arguably the best team in the league, how can you want to settle for less? it's fine if you do, but to just want to be competetive is best left for the fans of teams with average expectations or lower, in the dog's opinion. the giants own the road to the super bowl, and are three games short of repeating - at this stage, it is not being a dreamer and certainly not a moron...it is very realistic, and the expectation should be so.

Exactly, we've already achieved so much this year that no matter what happens in the next few weeks this season is already a success. Thus, everything from here is gravy. Another ring would be great but I'm not going to call the season a disappointment if we don't get it.

Exactly, we've already achieved so much this year that no matter what happens in the next few weeks this season is already a success. Thus, everything from here is gravy. Another ring would be great but I'm not going to call the season a disappointment if we don't get it.

the dog guesses...but the reality is, after all that, a loss this week or beyond would have to be disappointing. it would be no different than dallas and new england last year...and it is funny - for all of the talk and being 16-0, nobody talks about the patriots of last season, because they didn't win it all. not that the whole season would be considered a waste mind you, and of course you want to be able to celebrate a strong year...but it would be settling and disappointing...and you can only hang your hat on being the super bowl winner until there is a new super bowl winner...then it is just history and watching old DVD season recaps...

the dog guesses...but the reality is, after all that, a loss this week or beyond would have to be disappointing. it would be no different than dallas and new england last year...and it is funny - for all of the talk and being 16-0, nobody talks about the patriots of last season, because they didn't win it all. not that the whole season would be considered a waste mind you, and of course you want to be able to celebrate a strong year...but it would be settling and disappointing...and you can only hang your hat on being the super bowl winner until there is a new super bowl winner...then it is just history and watching old DVD season recaps...

but the disappointment (at least for me and apparently tree) won't be even half as bad if they weren't already coming off a superbowl win

I wouldn't mind playing Baltimore 8 years later for revenge in a game which by the way the murderer Ray Lewis should of been suspended for, San Diego would be good there is kind of a hatred there from the whole 2004 draft, Pittsburgh nah i would be too worried about another super bowl 40 getting screwed by the officials, they absolutely adore Pittsburgh. The Titans would be kinda boring except Albert Haynesworth vs. Brandon Jacobs

I wouldn't mind playing Baltimore 8 years later for revenge in a game which by the way the murderer Ray Lewis should of been suspended for, San Diego would be good there is kind of a hatred there from the whole 2004 draft, Pittsburgh nah i would be too worried about another super bowl 40 getting screwed by the officials, they absolutely adore Pittsburgh. The Titans would be kinda boring except Albert Haynesworth vs. Brandon Jacobs

Yep the suspension of the unconvicted co conspirator "I didn't see a motherfucking thing..." Ray Lewis along with a bigger payout by the Giants than what the league/Ravens gave to Hochulea (the Giants hating ref) to call Keith Hamilton for holding on that Armistead return for a touchdown...yeah I think it would have been a different game. But Collins had a case of the happy feet from get go and Amani explained that Fassel for some inexplicable reason basically changed their entire base offense. Maybe he did it as a favor to his best friend for life Brian (Patrick to Fassel's Spongebob) "I will screw you over without a kiss Jimmy Boy" Billick. Remember the barely staying alive owner of the Ravens (nee Browns) had never won a Super Bowl....so it was preordained by the League Office. :P

I do not know why you guys are so bothered by that loss. The 2000 NYG had no business even being on the field with that team and would have gotten smoked even had the Titans won(as they did earlier in the year by Tenn 28-14) and would have been smoked by the Rams had they beaten the Saints that year(as they were earlier in the year minus Warner and Faulk 38-24).

Need to let that one go and see it what it was, a very fortunate team that gave its fans as many games as possible.

the dog has to respectfully disagree in a way...anything short of a super bowl, particularly at this stage, is settling for less (unless you are talking about a team like atlanta, miami or arizona that came into this year with little recent success, and turned things around the way they did)...

You and BadEgg made similar noise last year. To me, it sounds like you have some need to minimize this team's accomplishments. Whatever.

AFAIC, we win this week, and what will be, will be. I just don't want philly knocking us out.

I'd love to win two in a row, because this team has never done it, and if we don't, yeah I'll be a little bummed. But the Giants proved they weren't a fluke last year, they've stood up to being the team to beat this year, and they'll be legitimately in the running next year as well.

You really can't ask for more than that as a fan.

I do not know why you guys are so bothered by that loss. The 2000 NYG had no business even being on the field with that team and would have gotten smoked even had the Titans won(as they did earlier in the year by Tenn 28-14) and would have been smoked by the Rams had they beaten the Saints that year(as they were earlier in the year minus Warner and Faulk 38-24).

Need to let that one go and see it what it was, a very fortunate team that gave its fans as many games as possible.

The 2000 team had the same record as this team and also won home field.

They had no business beating the Vikings either if you remember, and yet they went on and gave them a hiding so bad the game was over midway through the 2nd.

There were a lot of good players on that team also. Strahan/ armstead/ Barrow / Hamilton were no slouches. Tiki was coming into his own. Collins was a decent QB.

You talk about teams that "would have smoked us". Cowboys and Packers both smoked us in the regular season at home last year. Pats beat us at home also. The Titans and the Rams from that season had nowhere near the defence the ravens had, nowhere close. So saying a team would have beaten us if they had made the playoffs and faced us means little.

To say they didn't belong there to me makes no sense. They did everything they had to do to get there, with the best record in the NFC, won their last 8 games. I don't get how you would consider them fortunate. Nobody is hiding the fact that the Ravens were better, but the thing that bothers most people regarding that game is the play that T is talking about, the "hold" on Hamilton that the replay showed wasn't a hold. That negated an Armstead TD that would have made it 7-7, that was upsetting. From a offensive perspective, there was little difference, I mean come on they had Trent Dilfer back there at QB. It was just we had a good D, and their's was excellent.

I still enjoy what that team did, the whole Fassel " this teams going to the playoffs". wellington mara mocking the painted mud and mocking the media about us being the worst team to ever play in the superbowl.Regardless of what happened in the Superbowl, that was a fun year.

The 2000 team had the same record as this team and also won home field.

They had no business beating the Vikings either if you remember, and yet they went on and gave them a hiding so bad the game was over midway through the 2nd.

There were a lot of good players on that team also. Strahan/ armstead/ Barrow / Hamilton were no slouches. Tiki was coming into his own. Collins was a decent QB.

You talk about teams that "would have smoked us". Cowboys and Packers both smoked us in the regular season at home last year. Pats beat us at home also. The Titans and the Rams from that season had nowhere near the defence the ravens had, nowhere close. So saying a team would have beaten us if they had made the playoffs and faced us means little.

To say they didn't belong there to me makes no sense. They did everything they had to do to get there, with the best record in the NFC, won their last 8 games. I don't get how you would consider them fortunate. Nobody is hiding the fact that the Ravens were better, but the thing that bothers most people regarding that game is the play that T is talking about, the "hold" on Hamilton that the replay showed wasn't a hold. That negated an Armstead TD that would have made it 7-7, that was upsetting. From a offensive perspective, there was little difference, I mean come on they had Trent Dilfer back there at QB. It was just we had a good D, and their's was excellent.

I still enjoy what that team did, the whole Fassel " this teams going to the playoffs". wellington mara mocking the painted mud and mocking the media about us being the worst team to ever play in the superbowl.Regardless of what happened in the Superbowl, that was a fun year.

You comparing that 12-4 team to this one is just not right. This years team would absolutely destroy that team. The 2000 team had 3 wins vs a winning team all year in the regular season, that was against Philly twice and Pittsburgh(a playoff less 9-7 team). This years team had more wins against playoff teams in the month of November then the 2000 team had all year. That team playing a patsy schedule went +82 in pt differential(not even as high as the 11-5 2nd place Eagles) and this year playing a tremendously tough schedule went +133 in pt differential. There is no comparison in this team and even so much as comparing the two in terms of record is an insult to the current group. The NFC was so weak that year that the 3rd and 4th best teams in the AFC were better than the Giants.

As for the Rams and Titans here is what I do know. The Giants played the Titans and were manhandled by them, they also played the Rams at home minus their two best players and they were also manhandled by them. I feel that had the 2000 Giants had to play the Rams in the divisional round of the 2000 playoffs they would have lost. The Rams were the defending SB champs and had some bad injury breaks all year and quite simply the Giants did not match up well with them. This is all very speculative of course, as is assuming Armsteads TD at 7-0 does anything to change the ultimate outcome of that game. They were very fortuante to not draw them and get the Eagles and Vikings. Some people picked the Vikes that day, but in true Denny Green form he was outcoached all game long. There is no doubt that beating the Vikings was impressive. As far as I am concerned it was like winning the JV championship with how the NFC was that year.

I remember all about the Hamilton BS hold call, guess what, it would not have mattered IMHO the Giants played that game like they did not have a clue that day and as Amani Toomer said last year in training camp, what he remembers most was the coaches going away from what they did well all year.

Does anyone really believe that the Giants would have beaten the Titans or even the Raiders that year? The AFC was so superior.

I guess my standards for a great team are too high and do not get me wrong, its not that I did not enjoy that game or the NFC champ game for that matter, I simply 8 years later see it for what it was. A complete break in every way to get to where they were. Combine that with the mediocrity that followed in 2001(remember this was pre 4 div format where a 1st place schedule was more than just 2 different games then your divisional foes) and I see it all very differently.

Its not that I did not enjoy it, I simply do not revere it as others do and will never do so.

that titans game was a joke. they destroyed us

All I know is, if the Giants have to lose a game from this point on, I'd rather it was in the playoffs. If you lose the Superbowl you aren't the 2nd best team in the NFL, you're the loser of the NFL. That said, Giants defeat Titans 34-21 in Superbowl XLIII.

All I know is, if the Giants have to lose a game from this point on, I'd rather it was in the playoffs. If you lose the Superbowl you aren't the 2nd best team in the NFL, you're the loser of the NFL. That said, Giants defeat Titans 34-21 in Superbowl XLIII.

Naww the Lions are the loser of the NFL this year, the SB losers will be the second NFL losers this year.