SportsWrath

GIANTS v RAVENS SUPERBOWL

BIGBLUE01

I'd love to win two in a row, because this team has never done it, and if we don't, yeah I'll be a little bummed. But the Giants proved they weren't a fluke last year, they've stood up to being the team to beat this year, and they'll be legitimately in the running next year as well.

You really can't ask for more than that as a fan.

Nothing can spoil the amazing way we got to and won the Superbowl last year.

Nothing. Period.

Nothing can spoil the amazing way we got to and won the Superbowl last year.

Nothing. Period.

I was just discussing this with my buddy here yesterday. No disrespect to this year and if we repeat, it would still be great. But NOTHING can top last year. The way it was done, being underdogs, all on the road, losing to the boys and Pack in the reg season and then them being our two opponents en route to the SB, etc. It doesnt get any better than that. :flex:

you do know your team is going to get beat bad this Sunday right? but you keep thinking your mediocre football team is any good because they beat up a highschool team last week.

the dog would have to disagree about the vikings...high school QB maybe...but a very solid team all around.

the dog would have to disagree about the vikings...high school QB maybe...but a very solid team all around.

I would agree dog. It's sad when Gus Frerrote is actually an improvement at the QB position, and that's really the only place they're lacking in talent.

I was just discussing this with my buddy here yesterday. No disrespect to this year and if we repeat, it would still be great. But NOTHING can top last year. The way it was done, being underdogs, all on the road, losing to the boys and Pack in the reg season and then them being our two opponents en route to the SB, etc. It doesnt get any better than that. :flex:

Somebody said it already...this year is pure cake. :)

Somebody said it already...this year is pure cake. :)

the dog is getting sucked back in - to keep with the cake reference, doesn't every fan not only want their cake but want to eat it too?

the giants are the number 1 team in the NFL right now with everything going for them to roll into another super bowl...why should a fan expect or want or settle for anything less at this point?

not for anything, but the dog would suspect that if the patriot fans last year (winners of 3 recent super bowls, holding a 16-0 regular season record, and the closest thing the NFL has to a dynasty this decade) said that last year would have been just cake after all that, everyone would be all over them...that being said, nobody outside of NE likes Belichek anyway, so who cares...

That's bullshit. If you expect SBs every season you're either a dreamer or a moron. I expect my teams to be competitive and to have a chance at the title, but saying anything short of that is failure is just retarded and shows a poor understanding of the modern NFL.

The Dog is right. Anything short of a Superbowl is a failure for these Giants. It would be worse than Dallas' exit last season.

Unlike last year's Cowboys, these Giants are a proven championship caliber team with a Superbowl "MVP" QB and a Superbowl winning coach. Even if Tyree is not there to bail them out this year. Last season's Cowboys had no proven track record. Moreover, on paper anyway, the Giants are better than anyone left.

This "we're just happy to be here" act when you are the number 1 seed is at best, disingenous and, at worst, pathetic. Especially coming from this "loyal" and "knowledgable" fanbase.

If the Giants don't win this Sunday it will be another 17 year Superbowl draught. Afterall, you are playing the team that tied Cincinnati. :o

Maybe you should just try to accept that we're mature, rational sports fans and not over-excited reactionary kids like on Giants.com.

ok, first, the dog is quite certain you are not speaking for the whole with the above statement...

second, it has little to do with maturity and more to do with accepting less than the best as a fan...if you can truely say that in your estimation, the best the giants can do this year is a loss in the playoffs, then so be it...

ok, first, the dog is quite certain you are not speaking for the whole with the above statement...

second, it has little to do with maturity and more to do with accepting less than the best as a fan...if you can truely say that in your estimation, the best the giants can do this year is a loss in the playoffs, then so be it...

Yawn, your repetitve point-missing is making me sleepy. I'm not wasting any more time trying to clarify my point for you. You're a douche and I should have know better than to try.

The Dog is right. Anything short of a Superbowl is a failure for these Giants. It would be worse than Dallas' exit last season.

Unlike last year's Cowboys, these Giants are a proven championship caliber team with a Superbowl "MVP" QB and a Superbowl winning coach. Even if Tyree is not there to bail them out this year. Last season's Cowboys had no proven track record. Moreover, on paper anyway, the Giants are better than anyone left.

This "we're just happy to be here" act when you are the number 1 seed is at best, disingenous and, at worst, pathetic. Especially coming from this "loyal" and "knowledgable" fanbase.

If the Giants don't win this Sunday it will be another 17 year Superbowl draught. Afterall, you are playing the team that tied Cincinnati. :o

All I hear is......capt9287990ff85e40d190f38a56962f4a0.jpg

if we didnt win the superbowl last year it'd be a completely different story. but like i said in the offseason--whatever happens this year is gravy, and my attitude hasn't changed just because we've been great so far. it most definitely does not reflect negatively on me as a fan

and egg, unless we lose in some kind of devestating fashion like we did in 2002 to the 49ers there is no way any playoff loss on our part will be worse than any of the ways the cowboys last 3 seasons have ended. maybe if we lose to the eagles you can equate it to us beating you in the same game last yaer, but the playoff game two years ago and the way you went out this year cannot be matched by anything we do from here on out

1207173316.jpg

Kiss it, bitch.

Ask Jerry The Cunt about shattered expectations.

Anyone else read this and just thought "pathetic"?

I mean I've seen trolls really try before but this is borderline desperation.

Oh wait I guess I'm feeding him, so I guess he won this round.

Yawn, your repetitve point-missing is making me sleepy. I'm not wasting any more time trying to clarify my point for you. You're a douche and I should have know better than to try.

allow the dog to clarify the point for you then...

since last year's super bowl, there was nothing but talk about the amazing giants, and how they should be #1 in the power rankings, and are the defending champs, and are rolling through, and are the team to beat...

now that it is playoff time, single game elimination, the bravado has suddenly gone and the discussion has turned to this being cake and gravy and all is well since it is just great to be a part of the postseason...

here's a newsflash: people don't care about the super bowl loser 24 hours after the game is played...and care even less about the teams that lose in the playoffs that season (wasn't it a year ago that everyone was all over the cowboys for being great in the regular season and dismally bowing out of the playoffs - wasn't that the big crash?? Now it is acceptable and celebrated??).

here's another: in 2005, the steelers won three road games as a wildcard team enroute to winning the SB and everyone talked about there amazing run, never been done...etc......for a year...and the talk ended the next season when a new team won it all...

you can be realistic, and acknowledge that repeating is extremely difficult - but to say that you are happy to just have a winning season and another SB win would just be gravy is weak...especially after all the talk up to now...

Yep the suspension of the unconvicted co conspirator "I didn't see a motherfucking thing..." Ray Lewis along with a bigger payout by the Giants than what the league/Ravens gave to Hochulea (the Giants hating ref) to call Keith Hamilton for holding on that Armistead return for a touchdown...yeah I think it would have been a different game. But Collins had a case of the happy feet from get go and Amani explained that Fassel for some inexplicable reason basically changed their entire base offense. Maybe he did it as a favor to his best friend for life Brian (Patrick to Fassel's Spongebob) "I will screw you over without a kiss Jimmy Boy" Billick. Remember the barely staying alive owner of the Ravens (nee Browns) had never won a Super Bowl....so it was preordained by the League Office. :P

Always thought Jim Fassel was an average coach, who had the luxury of two outstanding coordinators (Fox and Payton) Fassel and Paytons relationship soured leading up the super bowl for some unknown reason and Fassel basically took over play calling. Payton then went Dallas and devoloped Tony Romo, everyone says Jason Garrett but Garrett basically took over a finished product

allow the dog to clarify the point for you then...

since last year's super bowl, there was nothing but talk about the amazing giants, and how they should be #1 in the power rankings, and are the defending champs, and are rolling through, and are the team to beat...

now that it is playoff time, single game elimination, the bravado has suddenly gone and the discussion has turned to this being cake and gravy and all is well since it is just great to be a part of the postseason...

here's a newsflash: people don't care about the super bowl loser 24 hours after the game is played...and care even less about the teams that lose in the playoffs that season (wasn't it a year ago that everyone was all over the cowboys for being great in the regular season and dismally bowing out of the playoffs - wasn't that the big crash?? Now it is acceptable and celebrated??).

here's another: in 2005, the steelers won three road games as a wildcard team enroute to winning the SB and everyone talked about there amazing run, never been done...etc......for a year...and the talk ended the next season when a new team won it all...

you can be realistic, and acknowledge that repeating is extremely difficult - but to say that you are happy to just have a winning season and another SB win would just be gravy is weak...especially after all the talk up to now...

no bravado from me. other fans don't speak for me. as a fan this has been the most stress-free season ever for me and its 100% because my team is coming off a superbowl win

Always thought Jim Fassel was an average coach, who had the luxury of two outstanding coordinators (Fox and Payton) Fassel and Paytons relationship soured leading up the super bowl for some unknown reason and Fassel basically took over play calling. Payton then went Dallas and devoloped Tony Romo, everyone says Jason Garrett but Garrett basically took over a finished product

it soured cuz peyton sucked as an o-coordinator with all his stupid pre-snap shifting. once fassel took over the playcalling our offense was unstoppable for the rest of the season