SportsWrath

Zounds! Zorn to be Zapped!?!

fishgutmartyr

Jesus Christ, have some fucking patience. That's why the Skins are where they are...the bottom.

agreed. If they fire zorn they'll have another new systems nexy year and won't get anywhere. I believe in giving a coach a few years to get things done.

If Snyder had any common sense, he'd stick with his Zorn and give him a chance to put a team togethers. If the Giants had Synder as an owner, they would have fired Coughlin after they lost to the Panthers.

they made the wrong decision to begin with

Cowher? :P I have the feeling Zorn is only getting the can if Cowher comes around. That guy is going to have so many options if he un-retires it's un-fucking believable. It seems every team is creaming for Cowher.

Cowher? :P I have the feeling Zorn is only getting the can if Cowher comes around. That guy is going to have so many options if he un-retires it's un-fucking believable. It seems every team is creaming for Cowher.

It wasn't JUST Cowher that helped Pitts. contend for so many years. They have a good front office too.

Now Portis just went off on Zorn on the radio yesterday. The Skins are truly amazing, they have quality, but they have a little success and it's almost like, "oh shit, we can't have this, fuck it up somehow".

Somewhere Spags is smiling.

Midas is right, not saying Zorn couldn't eventually be a good coach, but he was the wrong choice and the process of hiring him was a joke.

It wasn't JUST Cowher that helped Pitts. contend for so many years. They have a good front office too.

I completely agree and Tomlin has stepped in and barely missed a beat. It just seems that every team that needs a coach is willing to pay $8 million for him because he is going to fix everything apparently.

Now Portis just went off on Zorn on the radio yesterday. The Skins are truly amazing, they have quality, but they have a little success and it's almost like, "oh shit, we can't have this, fuck it up somehow".

Somewhere Spags is smiling.

Midas is right, not saying Zorn couldn't eventually be a good coach, but he was the wrong choice and the process of hiring him was a joke.

Yea that is Coach Thompson's radio show down there. They have had some legendary exchanges on that program. I wish I could stream it up here.

I think Zorn has done a fairly decent job down there this year. The Skins were not thought to be as talented as the Boys Eagles or the Giants and many felt there late season dash to 9-7 and the last WC was a direct result of the team unifying in the face of the Taylor tragedy.

Why he might have been a bad choice is not that he is a bad coach, but that for four years Gibbs built a team predicated on his power run game and deep passing game. All of a sudden Zorn impliments a WC offense(he was smart enough to keep Gibbs' run packages in tact) and Campbell is forced to do something he has not done in the pros. Maybe had Gibbs had a god young coach on his staff that learned from him they could have continued to build on what they started.

As for Fassel. I mean really, when are people going to start realizing that this guy is not a good NFL head coach. It is no coincidence he continually gets passed over and his open letter to Al Davis was really pathetic if you ask me. We can get into all the "look what he did" stuff, but really all you have to ask yourself is "Imagine if Jim Fassel had to coach the last 5 years in THIS Nfc east, against this talent?". Nice guy, good offensive mind, hope he someday gets another job, but sadly I just do not see it.

jim fassel's record speaks for itself. 3 playoff trips and 1 superbowl in 7 seasons. coach of the year his first season and a 10-5-1 record with danny kannel at qb and charles way at rb. is he the best coach in football? not by a long shot, but i'd take him over half the guys coaching right now.

jim fassel's record speaks for itself. 3 playoff trips and 1 superbowl in 7 seasons. coach of the year his first season and a 10-5-1 record with danny kannel at qb and charles way at rb. is he the best coach in football? not by a long shot, but i'd take him over half the guys coaching right now.

I still find nothing about that 2000 SB run to be all that inspiring. It was before the balanced 4 division schedule(where you play only 2 different games then the rest of the teams) and the Giants beat no one along the way. The playoffs were an impressive showing, that I will give Fassel, but as I continue to say 8 years later, the Ravens showed us 2 weeks later just how weak the NFC was at that time and that year. I still contend the Rams beat the Saints in RD 1 of the 2000 playoffs we never even see the champ game.

I do not hte Fassel, he certainly is not Ray Handley or even Ray Perkins for that matter, but when I think of awful Giants losses the last 20 years his name is scattered all over many of them. RD 1 against the Vikes in 97 at home, 2002 in San Fran, 2003 MNF against the Boys, 2003 kicking to Westbrook up 10-6 with 3 minutes to go, just unimagineable losses.

I hope he gets a job too, he is better than many of these coaches, but there is a real reason why he gets passed over that not even people like us his naysayers and supporters will ever know.

i understand what you're saying and i agree about those embarrassing losses. all im maintaining is that he's a good but not great coach. certainly deserving of a second shot when you look at the chances dudes like wade phillips and norv turner have gotten. and i def think he got fucked royally by the skins--zorn was going to be his offensive coordinator after all

I get so sick of the whole:

Shockey was a good player with the Giants, now he's gone, it's okay to say he fucking sucks.

Tiki sucked as a player because he said bad things about us after he retired.

Fassel sucked as a coach, even though his records show he wasn't so bad. And now that Coughlin won the superbowl, people are justified. Whatever you do, don't go to the superbowl and lose because you are automatically a bad coach. God, Hall of famer Marv Levy really sucked if that's the case.

It's beyond stupid, can't people have a realistic point of view around here.

Ray handley sucked

Dave Brown sucked

Derek Brown sucked.

That's sucking, do Giants fans here remember those days?, because they should. Compared to that time, Jim Fassel is a God.

I get so sick of the whole:

Shockey was a good player with the Giants, now he's gone, it's okay to say he fucking sucks.

Tiki sucked as a player because he said bad things about us after he retired.

Fassel sucked as a coach, even though his records show he wasn't so bad. And now that Coughlin won the superbowl, people are justified. Whatever you do, don't go to the superbowl and lose because you are automatically a bad coach. God, Hall of famer Marv Levy really sucked if that's the case.

It's beyond stupid, can't people have a realistic point of view around here.

Ray handley sucked

Dave Brown sucked

Derek Brown sucked.

That's sucking, do Giants fans here remember those days?, because they should. Compared to that time, Jim Fassel is a God.

ding ding ding ding

we have a winner