SportsWrath

Zounds! Zorn to be Zapped!?!

fishgutmartyr

exactly (sans the laughter)

I agree he is a decent to good coach....but he has really been whoring himself around trying to land a head coaching job anywhere. How did he get so black listed. Was it all of those blow jobs he gave his buddy ex coach of the Ravens that finally did him in. :P

I get so sick of the whole:

Shockey was a good player with the Giants, now he's gone, it's okay to say he fucking sucks.

Tiki sucked as a player because he said bad things about us after he retired.

Fassel sucked as a coach, even though his records show he wasn't so bad. And now that Coughlin won the superbowl, people are justified. Whatever you do, don't go to the superbowl and lose because you are automatically a bad coach. God, Hall of famer Marv Levy really sucked if that's the case.

It's beyond stupid, can't people have a realistic point of view around here.

Ray handley sucked

Dave Brown sucked

Derek Brown sucked.

That's sucking, do Giants fans here remember those days?, because they should. Compared to that time, Jim Fassel is a God.

I never said anyone of those mentioned Giants(Tiki, Shockey) sucked at all. They were both 2 incredible douche bags, but on the field they did not suck.

As for Fassel, I do not think he sucks, but IMO, in Giant lore, he is nothing more than a mediocre at best coach and that WAS my opinion even when he was here. Certainly I never thought of him as Ray Handley bad, but in retrospect, based on the teams they had and the preparedness of them I can say Dan Reeves was a better coach. What ALWAYS bothered me about Fassel was that the Giants often did not seem prepared in every aspect of the game. Maybe this is because I grew up watching the Perkins era Giants(say what you will about Ray and his Giant teams, but even Harry Carson will say they always came to play and were outlined every situation under Ray, even when the talent was garbage)and of course Parcells, but IMO Fassel was never full prepared at all times.

I have read that people within the Giants organization were bothered that Fassel wore his NFC champ game ring around like t was something special. Maybe as a fan I am like the owners, I see nothing good in bragging about second best.

With that said, he is not an awful coach and was not AWFUL when he was here(or sucking as you put it), what I can say and no Giant fan that has watched this team since say 1980 can really dispute is that under his watch he had 4 of the most unimagineable losses we have seen, 3 of them came in an 8 game stretch over 2 seasons. Yes he did not suck, but in hammering home my point about lack of preparedness those losses are the smoking gun.

You are correct though he did not suck, just not a GREAT coach while he was here. He certainly is better than Philips, Turner and probably evenHerm Edwards to name a few, I just do not want him coaching my team, but I can say that, because I did not want him in 97, I wanted GY to stop being a stubborn old ass and bring back Parcells.