SportsWrath

This AZ game has me a little nervous

JayD

I was thinking about this the other day. One of our main strengths is stopping the run. Its a major reason our D is so bad ass. But AZ doesnt rely on a run game, mostly cause they dont have one. They have been winning games by airing the ball out. If we cant find a way to pressure KW (pressure on the QB hasnt been our strong point the last couple weeks) we might find our selfs in a shoot out. What gives me confidence is our ability to control the clock, and keep their offense off the field. That will be the key to winning this game. A couple of turn overs wouldnt hurt either. We have faced and beaten much better teams than AZ. I just think the way they play might not compare well to our strengths on Defense.

I was thinking about this the other day. One of our main strengths is stopping the run. Its a major reason our D is so bad ass. But AZ doesnt rely on a run game, mostly cause they dont have one. They have been winning games by airing the ball out. If we cant find a way to pressure KW (pressure on the QB hasnt been our strong point the last couple weeks) we might find our selfs in a shoot out. What gives me confidence is our ability to control the clock, and keep their offense off the field. That will be the key to winning this game. A couple of turn overs wouldnt hurt either. We have faced and beaten much better teams than AZ. I just think the way they play might not compare well to our strengths on Defense.

There's a cause for concern there.. However I think the Giants can control this game by controlling the clock.. keeping Kurt & Co. off the field is the best way to do it... we have to play our game. Run the ball, score points.. and defensively, make Kurt and the Cards pay for being a pass first run 2nd team.

This game definitely makes me more nervous than the past two ones. And I might not be home to watch it, got a baptism at 1:15 and a party afterwards.

A baptism party? Surely they'll have the game on. Not like the kid'll care, he's just happy it wasn't a Bris.

A baptism party? Surely they'll have the game on. Not like the kid'll care, he's just happy it wasn't a Bris.

Well it starts at 1:15, my mother tells me it should last 30 minutes or so, then we go back to my cousins who is the happy father. His place is about 20 minutes from my condo. I can stick around at the party for a couple of hours and still make it home in time to catch the game.

Well it starts at 1:15, my mother tells me it should last 30 minutes or so, then we go back to my cousins who is the happy father. His place is about 20 minutes from my condo. I can stick around at the party for a couple of hours and still make it home in time to catch the game.

Oh yeah it's an afternoon game this week. Forgot.

It seems as though every week theres one of these nervous about the game threads. I'll tell you what.... I have been nervous as a Giants fan my whole life... they have blown big leads, lost games they should have won and basically been the Chicago Cubs of the NFL at times - in a "it feels like we're cursed kind of way". But this year is different. The Giants ARE the team to beat. We are like the Colts and Patriots of the past few years. We have all the tools and all the depth needed to win big games and we rarely make mistakes. We come out top in close games - a feat we were rarely capable of before the last 2 years and we have a scary run game and defense. This is a HUGE game and basically guarentees the Giants a 1 or 2 seed with a win. The Cardinals have put up impressive offensive numbers, but they have also let bad teams hang around and almost beat the, (S.F. and the Seahawks most recently). They struggle badly in the red zone and they haven't faced a team like the Giants. The Giants are going to win this game.

And on a side note... The Giants are gonna give be a birthday present... they played Arizona on my b day when I was 8 and won and although they are playing this game 7 days before my 23rd b day they are going to deliver me another great birthday gift. 10-1 BABY!!!

the Giants have the best o-line in football against a smaller mediocre defensive line. Giants will finish with more than 30 minutes of ball control...the only way they lose this game is if the Giants beat themselves. Everyone talks about how great the Arizona offense is. Sure they are great, they are ranked 2nd in the NFL in points scored....right behind the GIANTS!

It's going to be a tough game on Sunday. Arizona is too one dimensional though. All the Giants have to do is get to Warner and I think it will be a good day. They have to disrupt his timing. Do the same thing like they did in the Super Bowl, just against a smaller offensive line. I am sure the Defense will be prepared for this game.

Just a heads up, this is how ridiculous theyve become:

The Cardinals are currently the 3rd seed in the NFC behind the NYG and CAR. Due to the loss against CAR we are two games behind each. We have our game against the NYG and a game between the NYG at home against CAR yet to come. If we beat the NYG and they beat CAR a tiebreaker could come into play for the first seed but only in case of a three-way tie.

The opponents to the NYG so far are 43-57-1, their remaining opponents are 37-22-1 with four of those games on the road.

The opponents to CAR so far are 42-58, their remaining opponents are 38-22 with four of those games on the road.

The Cardinals' opponents so far are 48-52, the remaining opponents are 29-30-1 with only two of those games on the road.

By far, the Cardinals have played the toughest schedule so far, have the easiest schedule remaining, and have the most home games.

Read those stats again, the NYG/CAR opponents so far are 14 or 16 games below .500 while their remaining opponents are 15 and 16 games over .500 with most of those games on the road.

The #1 Seed in the NFC is ours for the taking.

WTF??? The toughest thus far?? What the hell are they smokin? Ya know, this is one game where I didnt expect to fight, because I live here and alot of these people are my friends. But fuck that, with this attitude and shit, it might be on!

Those cock sucker disabled registering. I was reading the "Giants gameplan" thread where Pierce said if they hit someone enough they get scared, Some clown posted this.

Yeah someone but not Kurt. Some times I think he like to get hit by the way he has no fear.

I guess this smart guy didn't see kurt in giants blue, or the last time Mr. Warner faced off against the giants to the tune of several sacks and a fumble or two.

Old floppy thumb is eating turf this Sunday. Shitty part is i may miss the game, my cousin is setting me up on this blind date and the chick can only do it Sunday, me, thinking the game is at 1 said we should go bowling Sunday afternoon. :doh: I may have to cancel or get them to do something later, i ain't missing this game.

Those cock sucker disabled registering. I was reading the "Giants gameplan" thread where Pierce said if they hit someone enough they get scared, Some clown posted this.

Yeah someone but not Kurt. Some times I think he like to get hit by the way he has no fear.

I guess this smart guy didn't see kurt in giants blue, or the last time Mr. Warner faced off against the giants to the tune of several sacks and a fumble or two.

Old floppy thumb is eating turf this Sunday. Shitty part is i may miss the game, my cousin is setting me up on this blind date and the chick can only do it Sunday, me, thinking the game is at 1 said we should go bowling Sunday afternoon. :doh: I may have to cancel or get them to do something later, i ain't missing this game.

Yeah, do your best bro not to miss it. Should be a doozie. Hopefully, we bury em quick. I say that because we'll be there. I dont want no crap frpm these Cards fans when I'm drunk.

Yeah, do your best bro not to miss it. Should be a doozie. Hopefully, we bury em quick. I say that because we'll be there. I dont want no crap frpm these Cards fans when I'm drunk.

I'm just pissed they turned off registration on that site, I'm in the mood to talk mad smack and i see plenty of posters begging to be bitch slapped. That place reeks of chicken shit, what kind of site shuts down registration the week you play an opposing team you claim to be better than.

Bitches.

The Giants D is going feast on Kurt Warner... I think the fist part of the game the gmen will need to blitz him so he cannot sit in the pocket and throw the ball deep. Once they smack him once or twice in the first quarter he will not have the confidence to wait for routes to develop.

A couple of 3 and outs matched with some dominating run oriented drives and this game could be over early.

What good is pointing out your strength of schedule when you've only beaten two teams with winning records?

We've beaten 5 teams that are > .500, they've taken Miami and Dallas.

Not saying that means much, just that it's a stupid thing for them to throw out.

I'm just pissed they turned off registration on that site, I'm in the mood to talk mad smack and i see plenty of posters begging to be bitch slapped. That place reeks of chicken shit, what kind of site shuts down registration the week you play an opposing team you claim to be better than.

Bitches.

Thats exactly what they are, and I will let them know in person, loud and clear. They are bragging because every time a Giant fan comes in, they talk about how rude Giant fans are, even BEFORE any trash talk and then ban them after a few posts. They are fuckin pussies.