SportsWrath

Giants v Eagles

JMFP

I was discussing the Eagles game this morning with my brother and a couple friends. Here is a summary:

First thing's first: This will be THE most hostile environment the Giants will go into so far. Its Philthadelphia AND its a night game. Imagine all those dirtbags tailgating for 8-10 hours. That is why it is crucial we get the early lead. If we can go up and start sacking McNabb and stuffing the run those boobirds will be out in full force.

I hope Spags hooks up a "shadow" on Westbrook. My brother suggested Danny Clark; that dude was all over Marion Barber last week, easily his best game as a Giant. I like the idea of Kenny Phillips even better; Phillips is faster, a sure tackler, and can also deliver a nice hit. An LB or a Safety shadow will depend on the formations that the Eagles show, but obviously, Westbrook needs to be accounted for on every down. Westbrook is many things, but I he’s not exceptionally tough, and from what I hear, he’s nursing a bum knee. If Seattle can hold him to 60 yards, the G-Men should too.

Focusing on Westbrook, like they focused on Barber, will obviously put a lot of pressure on our corners. And McNabb is much better than Johnson/Bollinger. But I can’t help but think after getting dumped 12x back in that game in 2007, that Giants pass rush is going to be in McNabb’s head. McNabb is going to have happy feat in the pocket, rushing some throws that might not even need to be rushed.

DeSean Jackson is fast as hell we have to bump and run this guy all day. He is an idiot and if we beat him up he'll fag out. McNabb can make plays (good and bad). If we get some 3 and outs on him that place will be ALL OVER him. We have to get the front 4 rockin and that will let us do so much more in coverage and with blitzes.

On the offensive side, it always starts with the running game. Our O line is the best in the league and from what I know their D line is on the smallish (but quicker) side. Eli can and should expect a ton of pressure. Fortunately, we’ve got a QB who strangely seems to thrive playing in Philly. Also, it’s no coincidence that ever since Spags came over to the Giants, our offense has done well against the Eagles defense. I suppose it helps that our offensive line practices against the most aggressive defense in the NFL on a weekly basis.

We should push them around on the ground. Jim Johnson is goanna blitz the hell out of us so the checkdown throws to Boss and Smith will be huge. Look for D Ward to make a contribution catching balls on hot reads out of the backfield. Lets get some Ahmad Bradshaw rocking too already!

A very winnable game because the Gmen are the class of the NFL. We just have to run, stop the run, harrass McNabb and win the turnover battle.

Here’s my tale of the tape:

• Giants Passing v Eagles Pass Rush: Slight advantage (if any) to Eagles…..but that assumes an average night from Plaxico, and this guy is way overdue for a monster game.
  • Giants Rush v Eagles Rush Defense: Advantage Giants
  • Eagles Passing v Giants Pass Rush: Advantage Giants
  • Eagle Rush v Giants Rush Defense: Slight advantage Giants
  • Special Teams: Even
  • Coaching: Advantage Giants
  • Intangibles: Advantage Eagles

I’m not predicting a score (I'm superstitious about that), but I like our chances.

I was discussing the Eagles game this morning with my brother and a couple friends. Here is a summary:

First thing's first: This will be THE most hostile environment the Giants will go into so far. Its Philthadelphia AND its a night game. Imagine all those dirtbags tailgating for 8-10 hours. That is why it is crucial we get the early lead. If we can go up and start sacking McNabb and stuffing the run those boobirds will be out in full force.

I hope Spags hooks up a "shadow" on Westbrook. My brother suggested Danny Clark; that dude was all over Marion Barber last week, easily his best game as a Giant. I like the idea of Kenny Phillips even better; Phillips is faster, a sure tackler, and can also deliver a nice hit. An LB or a Safety shadow will depend on the formations that the Eagles show, but obviously, Westbrook needs to be accounted for on every down. Westbrook is many things, but I he’s not exceptionally tough, and from what I hear, he’s nursing a bum knee. If Seattle can hold him to 60 yards, the G-Men should too.

Focusing on Westbrook, like they focused on Barber, will obviously put a lot of pressure on our corners. And McNabb is much better than Johnson/Bollinger. But I can’t help but think after getting dumped 12x back in that game in 2007, that Giants pass rush is going to be in McNabb’s head. McNabb is going to have happy feat in the pocket, rushing some throws that might not even need to be rushed.

DeSean Jackson is fast as hell we have to bump and run this guy all day. He is an idiot and if we beat him up he'll fag out. McNabb can make plays (good and bad). If we get some 3 and outs on him that place will be ALL OVER him. We have to get the front 4 rockin and that will let us do so much more in coverage and with blitzes.

On the offensive side, it always starts with the running game. Our O line is the best in the league and from what I know their D line is on the smallish (but quicker) side. Eli can and should expect a ton of pressure. Fortunately, we’ve got a QB who strangely seems to thrive playing in Philly. Also, it’s no coincidence that ever since Spags came over to the Giants, our offense has done well against the Eagles defense. I suppose it helps that our offensive line practices against the most aggressive defense in the NFL on a weekly basis.

We should push them around on the ground. Jim Johnson is goanna blitz the hell out of us so the checkdown throws to Boss and Smith will be huge. Look for D Ward to make a contribution catching balls on hot reads out of the backfield. Lets get some Ahmad Bradshaw rocking too already!

A very winnable game because the Gmen are the class of the NFL. We just have to run, stop the run, harrass McNabb and win the turnover battle.

Here’s my tale of the tape:

• Giants Passing v Eagles Pass Rush: Slight advantage (if any) to Eagles…..but that assumes an average night from Plaxico, and this guy is way overdue for a monster game.
  • Giants Rush v Eagles Rush Defense: Advantage Giants
  • Eagles Passing v Giants Pass Rush: Advantage Giants
  • Eagle Rush v Giants Rush Defense: Slight advantage Giants
  • Special Teams: Even
  • Coaching: Advantage Giants
  • Intangibles: Advantage Eagles

I’m not predicting a score (I'm superstitious about that), but I like our chances.

Tricky, tricky game, Joe.

I think it all comes down to how much do we contain McNabb and Westbrook... We have to run the ball to keep those two off the field.

1. Neutralize Eagles pass rush... every QB makes bad decisions when he only has 1.5 seconds to throw. Screens and play action need to keep the Eagles pass rush in check, as well as misdirection runs.

2. Plax, plax, plax. He always has huge games against the Eagles. Use him, but don't force the ball to him.

3. Break their will with Brandon Jacobs. He can just kill a smallish defense.

4. Hassle McNabb.

We do those four things, we'll win.

there is no secret to stopping the eagles - it's simple - contain westbrook (the dog doesn't think you can actually stop him the way he is used, but he can be limited)...if he is neutralized, then it is a dog fight...the giants should be able to run on the eagles defense, which is solid but not great...

First and foremost, we have to win in the trenches.

2. Execute on offense. This will do more to contain Westbrook than anything else.

3. Get pressure on McNabb. I don't like our secondary when we're not getting pressure.

Containing Westbrook is obvious...but is it too obvious? <_<

I think Andy Reid will be turning his lineman into receivers. Watch out for the ol' "eligible" last minute switcheroo's. Andy has alot of colorful play calling on that IHOP menu.

Punch soup boy in the Mouth. He has been injured so much in the past he wont want to risk it yet again. Do that and after the first quarter with a little pressure and he will fold up like a cheap lawn chair.

I have to agree that the way Spags uses Phillips and Clark on Westbrook will be key to the outcome. Clark had 9 solo tackles last week and dropped Barber for a LOSS 4 times.

My other key is Tuck. The only good news for Runyan is that Spags is using him as a 3 technique player. Like Westbrook on offense Tuck lines up all over the place ( T, DE, LB ). The guy is a beast.

On offense we can be nice and conservative. Pound Jacobs early and we will slow down the pigeon d big time.

Im pretty much in agreement with everyone that this should be a classic NFC east battle. But in the back of my mind, I cant help but to think that we might just walk into Philly and stomp some rump. Course I thought that when we face the Browns too, so Im not putting much stock into it this time around.

ok I am looking at another facet to this game and that is Height. The Giants have the edge. The Giants wide receivers are taller than the Eagles Corner backs and safeties

wr Plaxico Burress 6'5" 232 lbs

cb Asante Samule 5'10" 185 lbs

wr Amani Toomer 6'3" 203 lbs

cb Sheldon Brown 5'10" 200 lbs

wr Steve Smith 5'11" 195 lbs

cb Lito SheppardQ 5'10" 195 lbs

wr Domink Hixon 6'2" 182 lbs

fs Brian DawkinsP 6'0" 210 lbs

wr Sinorice Moss 5'8" 185 lbs

cb Joselio HansonQ 5'9" 185 lbs

wr Mario Manningham 5'11" 185 lbs

ss Quintin Mikell 5'10" 206 lbs

TE Kevin Boss 6'6" 253lbs

some monkey with a ladder.

Now the flop side Eagels Wr's v.s. Giants Cornerbacks and safeties

wr Reggie Brown 6'1" 197 lbs

cb Corey Webster 6'0" 202 lbs

wr Kevin Curtis 6'0" 206 lbs

cb Aaron Ross 6'0" 197 lbs

wr DeSean jacksonP 5'10" 185 lbs

cb Thomas Terell 6'0" 199 lbs

wr Jason AvantP 6'0" 212 lbs

s Michael Johnson 6'2" 207 lbs

wr Hank Basket 6'4" 220 lbs

s kenny Phillips 6'2" 210 lbs

wr Greg Lewis 6'0" 180 lbs

cb Sam Maddison 5"11" 180 lbs

te LJ SmithP 6'3" 258 lbs

s Sammy knight 6'1" 215 lbs

The eagles also have 2 other tight ends that are pretty good if Smith can't play with his concucion

Matt Shobel and Brent Celek

Also the giants have cb Dockery and s Butler listed as OUT.

So we are about 11 inches in hieght over the eagles with both sides of the ball added up well minus the monkey with the ladder..... cause you never know what size ladder the mokey will bring :rolleyes: