SportsWrath

Plaxico,an issue

Lughead

I would of sat him down for the rest of the game and put in Hixon. To show Plax we don't need his Attitude.

then in practice this week make it clear to Plax and Domink that the starting position for WR is open who even has the best practice gets to start next week . Hixion is hungry Plax dont care but he does care if he is not playing. Make him watch from the sidelines for a couple weeks . Prove we dont need him or his attitude. Probably would not do any good but it may nip the Diva bone he has spurned some where in his body.

not from that encounter, no. heat of battle, they both got what they deserve. no different than simms/parcells or cough/tynes. you yell at a hot player, chances are you get an agitated answer.

It didn't look to me like Plax was playing all that hard yesterday. He did have good block on Jacobs's first TD, but he seemed a little lazy running routes and "trying" to catch balls. Of course he was getting interfered with a lot. The whole team looked slow on offense too, though. Eli seemed to be dropping back rather slowly. I say give it a week or two and if he's still playing lazy, then make the decision.

It didn't look to me like Plax was playing all that hard yesterday. He did have good block on Jacobs's first TD, but he seemed a little lazy running routes and "trying" to catch balls. Of course he was getting interfered with a lot. The whole team looked slow on offense too, though. Eli seemed to be dropping back rather slowly. I say give it a week or two and if he's still playing lazy, then make the decision.

That is what I was saying during the game. When Plax is motivated you see those long arms of him go out and grab the ball. Like the TD he had. Like the first game of the season when he had just gotten paid.

When he isn't you get plays like that near INT where Plax could have reached out for the ball but just let it come to him.

That is what I was saying during the game. When Plax is motivated you see those long arms of him go out and grab the ball. Like the TD he had. Like the first game of the season when he had just gotten paid.

When he isn't you get plays like that near INT where Plax could have reached out for the ball but just let it come to him.

I said it once and I'll say it again, it was a good play by the DB who broke on the ball at the right time. You know DBs get paid to break up passes, right? Plax was reaching out for the ball and would of easily been a catch but the DB just made a good play and was able to break it up. Just because our DBs cant break up passes doesnt mean other teams cant.

Plax doesn't complain to the refs ever. Him complaining to the refs showed what we all saw (that the call was awful and he had a right to argue it). You don't yell at one of your best players for being angry at the refs missing a call. Not to mention that we had to punt regardless. Its not a big penalty to take right there. With that said what happened to the healthy Plax all pro year? I think he only has 3 touchdowns and 1 100 yard game. I expected more from him.

Plax doesn't complain to the refs ever. Him complaining to the refs showed what we all saw (that the call was awful and he had a right to argue it). You don't yell at one of your best players for being angry at the refs missing a call. Not to mention that we had to punt regardless. Its not a big penalty to take right there. With that said what happened to the healthy Plax all pro year? I think he only has 3 touchdowns and 1 100 yard game. I expected more from him.

Coughlin is the coach and it's his job to deal with the referees, which he did. If you were watching, you saw him yelling at them. Coughlin did not yell at Plaxico for arguing with them right after the play. What upset Coughlin was that Plaxico got the 15 yard penalty arguing with the refs after the next play was over. It's bad enough, he loses 10 yards on the play, right or wrong, but he now loses another 15 yards. I don't think it's fair that Jacobs or Ward or any other offensive player makes the effort to run off another play only to have it wiped out because someone can't keep his mouth shut.

And Coughlin didn't get up in his face like he did with Kiwi a few years back and yell, he asked him as he was leaving the field "what are you doing?". And Plaxico said "fuck you" to him. Plaxico is the jackass here, not Coughlin.

I was at the game yesterday... next series, Plax said something to the official or te official said something to Plax that ended up with the official patting Plax on the butt. So it doesn't seem to be any really hard feelings.

Did they show that on TV? I didn't get to see his sideline tirade either... and I'm at work on a lunch break and can't watch now. :(

They didn't show the yelling to the refs (that he was flagged for) on Tv but when he walked to the sidelines Tom got on him and said something like what are you doing? Plax clearly pissed at the call and not wanting to get yelled at by his coach said something like "I do what the ---- i want"

Which is the major problem. He gets disciplined for 2 games and then still feels like he isn't accountable. I don't know what exactly he said but there was definitely a fuck in there.

Which is the major problem. He gets disciplined for 2 games and then still feels like he isn't accountable. I don't know what exactly he said but there was definitely a fuck in there.

and....? we gotta take the bad with the good... its not like we can reach into a bag and pull out a 6'5 receiver who can carry the entire offense (which plax did for a good portion of last year) and just replace him. Listen, Plax doesn't say anything outrageous to the media and avoids questions whenever possible. He's not voicing frustration with the team and he's keeping things in house. Unless things change and he goes Shockey on us, I don't see the point in calling for our biggest weapons head. The media is getting to you guys.

and....? we gotta take the bad with the good... its not like we can reach into a bag and pull out a 6'5 receiver who can carry the entire offense (which plax did for a good portion of last year) and just replace him. Listen, Plax doesn't say anything outrageous to the media and avoids questions whenever possible. He's not voicing frustration with the team and he's keeping things in house. Unless things change and he goes Shockey on us, I don't see the point in calling for our biggest weapons head. The media is getting to you guys.

i agree- as bitchy wide receivers go, he's like a 5 on a scale of 10 (10 being TO). and with shockey and tiki gone, he's really the only malcontent. the reason he was moping yesterday was 2 words: nate clements-

He's not voicing frustration with the team and he's keeping things in house.

How is throwing a fit on the field and yelling "Fuck you!" to your head coach on national tv "keeping it in house"? Not saying the guy needs to go, but let's not sugar coat it, either.

Do we have to make an issue out of a non issue, you guys want drama jump on the Dallas bandwagon there is nothing here nothing wrong with Plex or TC just leave it alone. First off it was a bullshit call the refs rarely call offensive pass interference, if they did Randy Moss would of had 10 td's last year instead of 23. Just let it go please Plex was pissed at the call and then TC had to open his mouth, if anything TC should of been yelling at the refs not Plex, nothing here go the Dallas board please if you want drama

Do we have to make an issue out of a non issue, you guys want drama jump on the Dallas bandwagon there is nothing here nothing wrong with Plex or TC just leave it alone. First off it was a bullshit call the refs rarely call offensive pass interference, if they did Randy Moss would of had 10 td's last year instead of 23. Just let it go please Plex was pissed at the call and then TC had to open his mouth, if anything TC should of been yelling at the refs not Plex, nothing here go the Dallas board please if you want drama

Talking about offensive pass interference Moss definitely pushed off on his TD tonight.

i agree- as bitchy wide receivers go, he's like a 5 on a scale of 10 (10 being TO). and with shockey and tiki gone, he's really the only malcontent. the reason he was moping yesterday was 2 words: nate clements-

Malcontent because he's a little different than your average NFL player...he actually has, you know, balls...?

I would be pissed too if I got called for that bullshit penalty, he made a great catch and since when do the receivers not have a right to go up physically for the football!?

Fact is, Burress doesn't air out in house matters....doesn't criticize the Giants organization through the media or pretty much at all(sure he gets pissed when he's not getting the ball, who doesn't...), and comes to play every Sunday. How can this be "an issue"?

The only thing I am LEGITIMATELY concerned with is the fact that when Burress is in, Eli feels he has to take 10 shots down the field to him and force balls to him consistently. We were lucky a few that were thrown into double coverage on Burress weren't picked...you know, those ones that Burress can sometimes get a hand on but often pop up into the air for any old defensive player?

He already got paid.

he's a bitch, a little bitch, but he's our bitch and we just paid him so is he a distraction...sure, but he's gonna be here a while. What would be nice however, is if that little turd would start playing a bit harder, so far he's not been a big factor in this season...not as much as our run game.

Our overall passing game seems off lately, we need that back ASAP.

he's a bitch, a little bitch, but he's our bitch and we just paid him so is he a distraction...sure, but he's gonna be here a while. What would be nice however, is if that little turd would start playing a bit harder, so far he's not been a big factor in this season...not as much as our run game.

Our overall passing game seems off lately, we need that back ASAP.

I'm just fine with Eli as game manager and Jacobs/Ward/Bradshaw as Gamebreaker....he doesn't need to throw for 200+ yards and a couple TDs for us every week...he just needs to not turn the ball over and help get us in position to score/win games....

I hear the Burress not playing hard thing so often...the only times I see Burress not playing or, at least, not looking like he's playing hard...is when Eli throws the ball behind him and it gets picked off....and in that case, it's more Burress being awful as a defensive player and not being able to tackle....I don't see Burress taking plays off this year, or throwing his hands up in disgust....all in all, I see a huge improvement from last year while it seems like quite a few of you are taking his off the field, taking his child to school, out of context and using it as an example of why you believe he's a distraction ON the field...

I saw possibly a fire under Burress when he got pissed at the Ref...he KNEW he made that catch and had every right to the ball, how could you not be pissed?! A big third down conversion, you make the play, it gets called back, and your coach gets in your face when you argue the call...that's the last thing I want when I fuck up is someone telling me I'm fucking up.

Malcontent because he's a little different than your average NFL player...he actually has, you know, balls...?

no, actually, he's much the same as most high paid bitchy receivers who think the sun rises and sets in their ass. it wasn't eli's fault that he couldn't create separation with clements. sometimes the DB wins. mark collins used to shut down jerry rice most of the time. deion shut down everyone, just about. these guys get paid too, you know.

no, actually, he's much the same as most high paid bitchy receivers who think the sun rises and sets in their ass. it wasn't eli's fault that he couldn't create separation with clements. sometimes the DB wins. mark collins used to shut down jerry rice most of the time. deion shut down everyone, just about. these guys get paid too, you know.

What point are you making...? These guys aren't "high paid". The mother fuckers that sign their checks are "high paid". These guys are in the league 5 years at most for some...sum up your entire career and earnings in 5 years and see if you're "bitchy" when you're getting hurt, the team is inflexible when it comes to personal matters, and you aren't getting the ball as much as you should...and umm, Plax had a touchdown catch, so apparently, when it's most important, he got some separation, eh...?