SportsWrath

Plaxico,an issue

Lughead

"I think Storm really believes in his point"

"It's a me-first attitude and sense of entitlement that plagues the current 25 and under crowd, and it's the result of poor parenting if you ask me. These kids have never had a good spanking from daddy to align their attitudes correctly."

Who pray tell are you talking about? Burress is like 30. BigBlue is like 30...in fact, I figure most the people on here aside from like Golfin, Lorf, and a few others are over 30. So who were tou talking about? And if you meant no one here, why bring it up? It truly has no bearing on Plaxico Burress missing a practice. Nor does it have any bearing on Burress arguing that he got screwed out of a completion.

Were you making an irrelevant point and then using it to argue your "point"? Yes.

Like I said, don't ever talk down to me, I WILL come there and murder your faggoty ass. You're not better than me.

Oh and durrrrrrrrr "Fact is, most of us young guys, durr hurr hurr, really find a problem with the inflexibility of the current 30+ crowd. Your inability to change and your stuck in your ways attitude makes it impossible for a struggling country to make any changes." durr hurrr

I think Storm really believes in his point. I think he feels that Plax, because he is such a great receiver, should not be accountable to the rest of the team like the other players. In fact, nobody should have to answer to authority if they really don't want to. And if you have to "take your kid to school" (or you're really hungover and want to sleep in), it's really ok for you to not show up to work, ignore your employer's phone calls and you yourself not extending the courtesy of a phone call for your employer.

It's a me-first attitude and sense of entitlement that plagues the current 25 and under crowd, and it's the result of poor parenting if you ask me. These kids have never had a good spanking from daddy to align their attitudes correctly.

Burress never knew his daddy.

With all the shit he had to deal with growing up, it's no surprise he is as immature as he is. Some of us are just luckier to not have to go through what he did.

"It's a me-first attitude and sense of entitlement that plagues the current 25 and under crowd, and it's the result of poor parenting if you ask me. These kids have never had a good spanking from daddy to align their attitudes correctly."

Who pray tell are you talking about? Burress is like 30. BigBlue is like 30...in fact, I figure most the people on here aside from like Golfin, Lorf, and a few others are over 30. So who were tou talking about?

"Dont you talk to me like that, you aint my daddy.......................are you??"-Anyone know what movie thats from? :P

Anyways, back to the subject. Thanks first of all for putting me in the same sentence as Burress, I feel more important now. :) And secondly, thank you for the compliment. I know I have boyish good looks, but I am in fact, pushing 40. I'm 38. Thirdly, I dont know what the hell this has to do with you and jims argument, but damn it, thank you!

Up date from Mike Garafolo

New York Giants: Coughlin updates Burress' neck injury

by Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger

Thursday October 23, 2008, 3:18 PM

medium_plaxico-burress-neck-injury.jpg

Plaxico Burress went to the hospital today to undergo a series of

tests on his stiff neck. According to coach Tom Coughlin, no serious

damage was revealed.

"There's nothing (with the) bone, no vertebra or anything like

that," Coughlin said after practice. "He's very sore, a little stiff

today, so the reason all the tests were made is he continued to have

the stiff neck and issues along those lines. We thought it was down in

the trap (trapezius muscle), where it started from so we wanted to rule

everything out. All I got was there was nothing of the nature of any

kind of vertebra or anything like that. It's all muscle."

When asked if Burress is a question mark for

Sunday's game against the Steelers, Coughlin said, "We'll see. We'll

have to see how he does tomorrow."

Burress made a brief appearance in the locker room today, but he did

not speak to reporters. He also didn't look to be in incredible pain.

But then again, he wasn't exactly running a 15-yard in cut when I saw

him.

LT David Diehl (back) said he sat out practice yesterday because the team wanted to give him an extra day of rest.

"I practiced today and felt good out there," said Diehl, who hasn't

missed a game in his six-year career. "There's no doubt in my mind I'm

playing this weekend."

LB Antonio Pierce (quad) said "a couple of days off always helps."

And he indicated he wanted to play against the 49ers but his request

was denied.

"I woke up on Sunday morning and felt like I could play. I felt a

lot better than I felt on Friday," Pierce said. "But between the

coaches and medical staff..."

I can't quite make out the rest of that quote on my recorder, but he

then went on to say "the best thing for me to do was sit out the game."

Maybe the word I was missing there was "determined." Not sure, but it's

pretty clear he didn't get the green light he was looking for.

Coughlin said the decision to cut QB Andre' Woodson was strictly a

numbers thing and that Woodson could be back. The team needed CB

Rashard Barksdale, who also plays receiver on the scout team, because

of Burress' injury and a hamstring injury for WR David Tyree. Coughlin

revealed Tyree's injury, which isn't on the report because he's not a

member of the active roster.

It's not uncommon for a player who's missed several months of practice to pull a hammy, so perhaps it's just a minor issue.

MG

Who pray tell are you talking about? Burress is like 30. BigBlue is like 30...in fact, I figure most the people on here aside from like Golfin, Lorf, and a few others are over 30. So who were tou talking about? And if you meant no one here, why bring it up? It truly has no bearing on Plaxico Burress missing a practice. Nor does it have any bearing on Burress arguing that he got screwed out of a completion.

Were you making an irrelevant point and then using it to argue your "point"? Yes.

Like I said, don't ever talk down to me, I WILL come there and murder your faggoty ass. You're not better than me.

Oh and durrrrrrrrr "Fact is, most of us young guys, durr hurr hurr, really find a problem with the inflexibility of the current 30+ crowd. Your inability to change and your stuck in your ways attitude makes it impossible for a struggling country to make any changes." durr hurrr

Yeah, you left out a lot that I wrote in the middle of the two quotes where I was directly referencing PLAXICO. Now, I shouldn't have said "25 and under", I'll give you that... clearly, there are a lot of people my age that have the same issues. It just seems to be getting worse with younger people, and I could be wrong about that. As gateb mentioned, Plaxico apparently did not have a father, and that is a huge reason why he is the way he is. At some point, you have to decide what kind of man you're going to be, though, and take accountability for your actions. Plax still has not done that.

My point is completely relevant. You apparently can't see that. I was saying that Plaxico has accountability problems and doesn't think he has to respect authority. You thought I was talking about you. I get that. Although it does say something that you have repeatedly defended him, when there is no excuse for his behavior. You even acted like his "personal reasons/family emergency" excuse was good enough, and that the Giants should've cut him slack. First, only an idiot would actually buy that excuse. Second, all it took was a phone call to Coughlin and he couldn't do that, and ignored the Giants calls ALL DAY. That shows a lack of respect for authority and a lack of accountability. HENCE IT'S RELEVANCE.

To follow up, he still didn't take accountability when speaking to the press afterwards. To follow that up, he told his head coach he "Does whatever the fuck he wants to do." And we're not even going into all the times he has previously been fined for being late, missing practices, etc, which some reports had up to 70 times just since he's been with the Giants.

If this is not a "me-first attitude" and "sense of entitlement" than I don't know what is. If you still don't get it, then I feel sorry for you.

And again, stop making threats over the internet, it's pretty weak and I don't take you seriously anyways. But here you go:

You only need a one way, trust me.

Yeah, you left out a lot that I wrote in the middle of the two quotes where I was directly referencing PLAXICO. Now, I shouldn't have said "25 and under", I'll give you that... clearly, there are a lot of people my age that have the same issues. It just seems to be getting worse with younger people, and I could be wrong about that. As gateb mentioned, Plaxico apparently did not have a father, and that is a huge reason why he is the way he is. At some point, you have to decide what kind of man you're going to be, though, and take accountability for your actions. Plax still has not done that.

My point is completely relevant. You apparently can't see that. I was saying that Plaxico has accountability problems and doesn't think he has to respect authority. You thought I was talking about you. I get that. Although it does say something that you have repeatedly defended him, when there is no excuse for his behavior. You even acted like his "personal reasons/family emergency" excuse was good enough, and that the Giants should've cut him slack. First, only an idiot would actually buy that excuse. Second, all it took was a phone call to Coughlin and he couldn't do that, and ignored the Giants calls ALL DAY. That shows a lack of respect for authority and a lack of accountability. HENCE IT'S RELEVANCE.

To follow up, he still didn't take accountability when speaking to the press afterwards. To follow that up, he told his head coach he "Does whatever the fuck he wants to do." And we're not even going into all the times he has previously been fined for being late, missing practices, etc, which some reports had up to 70 times just since he's been with the Giants.

If this is not a "me-first attitude" and "sense of entitlement" than I don't know what is. If you still don't get it, then I feel sorry for you.

And again, stop making threats over the internet, it's pretty weak and I don't take you seriously anyways. But here you go:

You only need a one way, trust me.

Regardless, Old Man Burress had nothing to do with this.

Regardless, Old Man Burress had nothing to do with this.

I was making a general statement, where Burress was my example... not you. He is the quintessential example of what I was talking about (lack of accountability, respect for authority), and that was my whole point, so yes, he has everything to do with it. 30 is not old, and I didn't know his age when I wrote my original post anyways.

I was making a general statement, where Burress was my example... not you. He is the quintessential example of what I was talking about (lack of accountability, respect for authority), and that was my whole point, so yes, he has everything to do with it. 30 is not old, and I didn't know his age when I wrote my original post anyways.

And extension, in the same paragraph even, you related me defending him to the same thing you accuse Burress of.

And extension, in the same paragraph even, you related me defending him to the same thing you accuse Burress of.

You defended his actions, that was all I was commenting on. The me-first stuff was strictly for Burress. You are overly sensitive and you actually lost the debate anyway on the actual topic.

You defended his actions, that was all I was commenting on. The me-first stuff was strictly for Burress. You are overly sensitive and you actually lost the debate anyway on the actual topic.

I dont think I lost it at all...but I apologize for being a overly sensitive dick.

I dont think I lost it at all...but I apologize for being a overly sensitive dick.

Apology accepted... sorry that my comments offended you.

But Plax really needs to step up and be a man about his responsibities, just like it appears Larry Johnson is trying to do with his comments earlier this week.

:cheers: