SportsWrath

Gillbride needs to go.

Virginia Giant

BTW, Eli attempted 40+ passes.

By "taking some deep shots" nobody meant chuck it down the field all day, it means loosen up the defense by throwing it down the field once or twice. I don't see where wanting to see a few deep passes means wanting to see an airial display.

They DID throw the ball down the field a few times. Eli either overthrew his target or Plaxico dropped them.

Look at it this way. You COULD have Sean Payton's crew calling the plays and run the ball 3 straight downs on the goalline and then, instead of going for 3 points and going in down 4 at the half, run the ball one last time on 4th down after you just got stuffed 3 times in a row.

*Defense is Spagnuolo, not Gilbride. I'm only defending our offense...

We tried a bunch of times in a row late in the game. And the times we tried earlier in the game, the passes were dropped.

Derrick Ward was dominating.

Aaaahhhh but you said the only thing wrong coaching wise was not challenging the Plax TD. IIRC Spags is a coach.

So we give up for 2 1/2 quarters?

Yes... but then why wasn't he in the game more? Why wasn't Bradshaw given more time on the field after his performance last week? Didn't he earn it?

We're seeing the same crap with Gilbride that we were seeing with Huff. I'm not satisfied with beating an 0-2 team by 3 points in OT when we're the defending Super Bowl Champions. The Bengals should've been annihilated from the start. As someone said before, if we come out with a gameplan like this against the elite competition we're fucked. Glad we have the week off. We need to spend A LOT of time in the film room.

Aaaahhhh but you said the only thing wrong coaching wise was not challenging the Plax TD. IIRC Spags is a coach.

So we give up for 2 1/2 quarters?

Yes... but then why wasn't he in the game more? Why wasn't Bradshaw given more time on the field after his performance last week? Didn't he earn it?

We're seeing the same crap with Gilbride that we were seeing with Huff. I'm not satisfied with beating an 0-2 team by 3 points in OT when we're the defending Super Bowl Champions. The Bengals should've been annihilated from the start. As someone said before, if we come out with a gameplan like this against the elite competition we're fucked. Glad we have the week off. We need to spend A LOT of time in the film room.

"Gillbride needs to go."

He might have 'earned it' but we have 2 running backs ahead of him on the depth chart still, they can't all get equal carries...

The Bengals are probably the best 0-2(well, 0-3 now) team in the NFL, btw.

"Gillbride needs to go."

He might have 'earned it' but we have 2 running backs ahead of him on the depth chart still, they can't all get equal carries...

You're kidding right? Jags, Chargers. The Bengals are a mess.

"Gillbride needs to go."

You said nothing was wrong with the coaching. I'm responding to you not the thread title, smartass.

So we stick with the one that's struggling and running like he doesn't care? Absolutely brilliant.

Regardless of what they are, we're the champs and they should've been buried from the start.

You said nothing was wrong with the coaching. I'm responding to you not the thread title, smartass.

So we stick with the one that's struggling and running like he doesn't care? Absolutely brilliant.

Regardless of what they are, we're the champs and they should've been buried from the start.

Dude. No. I didn't. You are saying that. In fact:

"If anything, I would have been ready to hang Coughlin and whoever was in the booth who decided it wasn't worth reviewing the Plaxico Burress TOUCHDOWN!"

And I also agreed that Spagnuolo poorly adjusted the defensive gameplan.

And Derrick Ward runs 9 times for 80 yards, stepping up big on the original go ahead touchdown, meanwhile, you want to put in Ahmad Bradshaw 2 rushes, 2 yards. Yes, Bradshaw is also a great 4th quarter running back, but your offense is running well with Ward in, why change it? Like explain to me how that's a bad coaching decision.

I have to say that the jist of this thread is an overeaction.

Nobody was saying shit last week about Gilbride last week when we racked up 41 against the Rams.

How about giving the Bengals some credit here. They have been shit on for the last 2 weeks and they came in here a serious underdog and played very tough. They blitzed us plenty and the decimated secondary hit our guys hard. Leon Hall played well out there today, and Palmer, Housywousy and Chris Perry in particular all played hard.

This is the type of game that in previous years, would have been a game we would lose, not saying we won't lose again like that, but at least we dug this one out.

Dude. No. I didn't. You are saying that. In fact:

"If anything, I would have been ready to hang Coughlin and whoever was in the booth who decided it wasn't worth reviewing the Plaxico Burress TOUCHDOWN!"

And I also agreed that Spagnuolo poorly adjusted the defensive gameplan.

And Derrick Ward runs 9 times for 80 yards, stepping up big on the original go ahead touchdown, meanwhile, you want to put in Ahmad Bradshaw 2 rushes, 2 yards. Yes, Bradshaw is also a great 4th quarter running back, but your offense is running well with Ward in, why change it?

Actually you've said in a number of threads that the only thing wrong with the coaching today was that Coughlin didn't challenge. There was a lot more wrong with the staff aside from that today. But enough about that.

We agree on Spags.

I'm not saying eliminate Ward. I'm saying that our 265lb RB was playing like a featherweight today and still it seemed that Bradshaw was forgotten.

Nobody was saying shit last week about Gilbride last week when we racked up 41 against the Rams.

How about giving the Bengals some credit here. They have been shit on for the last 2 weeks and they came in here a serious underdog and played very tough. They blitzed us plenty and the decimated secondary hit our guys hard. Leon Hall played well out there today, and Palmer, Housywousy and Chris Perry in particular all played hard.

This is the type of game that in previous years, would have been a game we would lose, not saying we won't lose again like that, but at least we dug this one out.

I guess that's what I'm trying to say, too. They definitely played well, their defense bend but didn't break and really didn't allow us to rack up alot of points. Their offense at times, sliced through our defense, mostly on 3rd down, with short, quick passes and RAC. Our safeties and backup cbs looked slow at times against the likes of Chatman, who I feel always torches us, and Houshmanzadeh. Ocho Stinko was a non issue. Palmer is a good qb that I put with the likes of Eli in terms of being able to lead a team to victory and win in tight spots.

I'll give you that. Maybe I am overreacting, but remember... Cincy let about 15-20 seconds run off the clock at the end before they kicked the tying fg. Had they gotten their asses in gear, (barring some miracle on our part) we are 2-1 and any overraction would be 100% justified.

My only real problem with Gilbride is that he didn't get into the aerial game quick enough. When he finally did, Eli distributed the ball well and got Boss and Hedgecock involved as well as kept Toomer, Smith, and Hixon in a lot of action. I don't know why they weren't exploiting Plaxico's height advantage more often.

I also know that the offensive coordinator likes to fake out the opposition and try to catch them off guard with plays that aren't expected. I thought that might be why he kept calling for run plays early on when recievers were wide open.

Also....it seemed to me that last year Eli did an awful lot of "play action" that seems to be missing from the repitoire this year.

But....we're 3-0 and you can't ask for more than that.

I also know that the offensive coordinator likes to fake out the opposition and try to catch them off guard with plays that aren't expected. I thought that might be why he kept calling for run plays early on when recievers were wide open.

That sounds exactly like NYG playcalling. Receivers are wide open so they HAVE to think we will be passing. Lets keep running the ball.

:LMAO:

I love you guys. Run Jacobs to tire the D and then throw when they start stacking the box. What Gilbride mixed it up by doing just this and then passing like crazy, like in OT? Fire that bum immediately Reese you stupid immgrate. Is Gilbride an O genius? No, but it has taken 3 games and he is already being thrown under the bus of a SB championship team. :rolleyes:

43 passes to 25 runs.

:LMAO:

I love you guys. Run Jacobs to tire the D and then throw when they start stacking the box.

They were stacking the box from the beginning.

And I don't give a rats ass how many pass plays they called compared to runs, next to none of them stretched the defense and opened up the run.

im not down with going deep like that either when we're at the 35. the tipped pass was lucky to not be intercepted and yeah toomer was open on the next one and im glad it worked out but why are we calling that route when we only need 10 yards for a 45 yarder and 20 for a 35 yarder

I'm going to agree with Storm on this one. Even though he took a cheat shot at me. <_>

I blame the players for this close game.

For starters, when a defense shows 9 man fronts. You have to audible out of the run go max protection pass. That's on Eli if you ask me. I saw it at least 4 - 5 times and on all of them, we ran it.

We had to many drops again!!!! Burress dropped 3 sure third down covertions. Yes, I know one of them was behind him, but he should have caught it. Toomer....man, what is up with him the last few years. He also dropped a few passes today. And can someone please explain to Kevin Boss, when the defense shows blitz, he need to look at QB alot sooner than he did today. Geeez, Eli hit him right in the face for crying out load.

Dockery...He needs to make that int.

So, But I blame this one on the players.

Man, lots of overreaction today. The Bengals have some problems, but they aren't pushovers.

Consider this...Palmer got sacked six times today. SIX! And the Giants didn't get one turnover out of all that pressure. Thats a good game from Palmer, but its also bad luck for the Giants...you put a QB under that kind of pressure, you can bet good money you should get the ball on the ground or an easy pick at least once or twice. And the entire complexion of this game changes if the Giants get to enjoy the fruits of their pass rush.

Im not sure I can put the offense's issues on Gilbride. There was poor execution from the receivers, lots of dropped passes. And early in the game the Bengals were stacking the box with 8, 9, even 10 players, and Eli never audibled out to a pass. Bottom line: the players didn't execute.

Wow, since when did Nemesis replace all the SW posters with Chicken-Littles?

Gilbride did just fine. We won the game.

If anything, I would have been ready to hang Coughlin and whoever was in the booth who decided it wasn't worth reviewing the Plaxico Burress TOUCHDOWN!

They were making attempts down the field previously. Burress just dropped them.

I'm with you here. Gilbride, I think, had a so so game today. Let's give credit to the bengals for coming to play.

I'm going to agree with Storm on this one. Even though he took a cheat shot at me. <_<

I blame the players for this close game.

For starters, when a defense shows 9 man fronts. You have to audible out of the run go max protection pass. That's on Eli if you ask me. I saw it at least 4 - 5 times and on all of them, we ran it.

We had to many drops again!!!! Burress dropped 3 sure third down covertions. Yes, I know one of them was behind him, but he should have caught it. Toomer....man, what is up with him the last few years. He also dropped a few passes today. And can someone please explain to Kevin Boss, when the defense shows blitz, he need to look at QB alot sooner than he did today. Geeez, Eli hit him right in the face for crying out load.

Dockery...He needs to make that int.

So, But I blame this one on the players.

Haha, sorry.

Besides, watching Eli this season, I hear the word Omaha come out of his mouth a lot more often than years past. It's really hard to pin how many passes he audibled to runs and vice-versa. At this point, it's prolly about 50-50 between Eli and Gilbride.

I think you're being a little hard on Amani Toomer though...he got blasted on the one he dropped at least...and he always manages to come up big with those sideline catches...so much so that it's come to be expected.

I think Nem it is assumed the players need to execute the plays, but it is on Gil to provide them a play that has a chance at succedding, or will at least make the Bungals def coordinator adjust and open up some situational plays.

Substituting Ward for Jacobs and on a drive where we needed a slight change of pace is opening up situational plays and forcing defensive coordinators to adjust.

Man, lots of overreaction today. The Bengals have some problems, but they aren't pushovers.

Consider this...Palmer got sacked six times today. SIX! And the Giants didn't get one turnover out of all that pressure. Thats a good game from Palmer, but its also bad luck for the Giants...you put a QB under that kind of pressure, you can bet good money you should get the ball on the ground or an easy pick at least once or twice. And the entire complexion of this game changes if the Giants get to enjoy the fruits of their pass rush.

Im not sure I can put the offense's issues on Gilbride. There was poor execution from the receivers, lots of dropped passes. And early in the game the Bengals were stacking the box with 8, 9, even 10 players, and Eli never audibled out to a pass. Bottom line: the players didn't execute.

In the future, I'd like for Eli to snap the ball about a half second sooner, too...makes me so nervous when we are marching down the field to go ahead and Eli's snapping the ball as the 1 is turning to 0.

In the future, I'd like for Eli to snap the ball about a half second sooner, too...makes me so nervous when we are marching down the field to go ahead and Eli's snapping the ball as the 1 is turning to 0.

Damn right. I think part of the problem is that the play takes too long to come in from Gilbride. In week 1 the Giants looked rushed coming to the line a few times, and if I recall, Eli's pick came on one of those plays. Its only a matter of time before defenses start timing their rush to the play clock.