SportsWrath

Gillbride needs to go.

Virginia Giant

In the future, I'd like for Eli to snap the ball about a half second sooner, too...makes me so nervous when we are marching down the field to go ahead and Eli's snapping the ball as the 1 is turning to 0.

Oh God yes! Try to snap it between 4 and 2, not 1 and penalty.

In Gilfuck's system the QB has the full responsibility for calling out the blitzes and dogs. Omaha....Omaha...lol. In other schemes the center helps out with determining who may be coming.

Yes this is true. You guys see Rivers or Roethlisberger do that stuff? No...Eli's been doing it since

his rookie year.

Hufnagel's offense and to a certain extend Gilbride system is called a "Streak read" system.

Eli calls out all the blitzes and calls for the offense line protection schemes at the line, then

Eli and the wideouts must be on the exact same page for passing plays, if a cornerback plays

off a Giants WR then the play might be a 7 yard curl, if a corner plays it up then the play might

be a go route.

It's not exactly a simple system to understand if you read Ralph Vacchiano's new book "Eli Manning,

the Making of a Quarterback." Jim Miller (who the Giants signed to back up Eli for a few months) said it

takes 3 to 4 years to understand all of the information in the system and everything finally starts to slow down.

Eli won a Superbowl in his 3 full year starting. It is now his 4th full year and Eli looks good,

really, really good.

I'll take someone that does what it takes to win and brings success over a fantasy stud anytime.

i.e. Manning>Romo

Romo is the last guy I want to win a Superbowl. I feel once he wins one, his charisma,

ego, etc. Would just lead him to win more and more. The guy is supremely confident in

his ability and is the last person I want to win a Superbowl.

In the NFL when you are 0-2 and staring at 0-3 you usually no matter what you have in terms of talent bring everything you got knowing that 0-3 is often something that cannot be overcome(remember week 3 @wash last year), combine that with the fact that the Bengals have a very good Qb and some explosive players on offense and this game was looking like trap/letdown/typical Giants written all over it. Yet low and behold as good teams should, they found a way to win no matter what. This is going to happen in the NFL, you are going to have weeks where things just do not work the way you planned, its the good teams that manage to win these type games and more specifically the good QB's that will their team to a win.

Now a couple thoughts about the game. I sat there and saw the play calling and the stacking the box by the Bengals. What they did more of then stacking the box was having their lbers crowd the gaps, probably a reason that the lbers had a lot of tackles yesterday. They also were under no circumstances going to get beat by Plaxico downfield, they were all over him with double and sometimes triple coverage. IMO its why you saw so much production from Smith and of course some dropped screens by Jacobs. As for the playcalling, I had no issues with it whatsoever in OT. I was no fond of the shotgun formation, but when you look at what the run production was out of the gun vs from under center it was had to argue that strategy in a must move the ball downfield situation. Seemed that that also opened up the downfield passing lanes.

COuple other thoughts. Boss Td was in my end zone right in front of us, seen that pass a hundered times and also saw Shockey drop that same pass last year vs the Boys. Nice game by Boss.

This staff has to start to identify who of earth, wind and fire is the better running back that given day and ride him. Ward should have had at least 8-10 more carries.

Note to team, on an 85 degree day, 1 pm start, when your team sits in the sun all day and the opponent gets the shade from about 2 pm on, plus they have black unis, make them go dark and wear shite. Giants defense was gassed and I was hot as hell in that sun all day and all I was doing was drinking beers and listening to my headphones.

In the NFL when you are 0-2 and staring at 0-3 you usually no matter what you have in terms of talent bring everything you got knowing that 0-3 is often something that cannot be overcome(remember week 3 @wash last year), combine that with the fact that the Bengals have a very good Qb and some explosive players on offense and this game was looking like trap/letdown/typical Giants written all over it. Yet low and behold as good teams should, they found a way to win no matter what. This is going to happen in the NFL, you are going to have weeks where things just do not work the way you planned, its the good teams that manage to win these type games and more specifically the good QB's that will their team to a win.

Now a couple thoughts about the game. I sat there and saw the play calling and the stacking the box by the Bengals. What they did more of then stacking the box was having their lbers crowd the gaps, probably a reason that the lbers had a lot of tackles yesterday. They also were under no circumstances going to get beat by Plaxico downfield, they were all over him with double and sometimes triple coverage. IMO its why you saw so much production from Smith and of course some dropped screens by Jacobs. As for the playcalling, I had no issues with it whatsoever in OT. I was no fond of the shotgun formation, but when you look at what the run production was out of the gun vs from under center it was had to argue that strategy in a must move the ball downfield situation. Seemed that that also opened up the downfield passing lanes.

COuple other thoughts. Boss Td was in my end zone right in front of us, seen that pass a hundered times and also saw Shockey drop that same pass last year vs the Boys. Nice game by Boss.

This staff has to start to identify who of earth, wind and fire is the better running back that given day and ride him. Ward should have had at least 8-10 more carries.

Note to team, on an 85 degree day, 1 pm start, when your team sits in the sun all day and the opponent gets the shade from about 2 pm on, plus they have black unis, make them go dark and wear shite. Giants defense was gassed and I was hot as hell in that sun all day and all I was doing was drinking beers and listening to my headphones.

Very well said, sir.