SportsWrath

Gillbride needs to go.

Virginia Giant

I was about to start a topic on this but I'll just put my thoughts here:

The good: Not much to say. Hixon played great. That is about it.

The bad: There were no deep throws all game until OT. Cinci was stacking the box and they kept up the short game. Stupid is not a strong enough word for the playcalling this game. When the defense is stacking the box and your run game is being marginally effective at best you put the ball up and spread them out. Gil apparently felt that was a bad idea.

The bad: There were no deep throws all game until OT. Cinci was stacking the box and they kept up the short game. Stupid is not a strong enough word for the playcalling this game. When the defense is stacking the box and your run game is being marginally effective at best you put the ball up and spread them out. Gil apparently felt that was a bad idea.

That is because he has 'SHIT FOR BRAINS'. BTW, congrats to the Bengals for the effort they brought to the game. I hope the management of the Giants realize that this type of effort will be brought by all teams that we will face.

Not to mention the announcers constantly telling everyone how the Bengals secondary was weak. How the starters were out. How the Gmen should be exploiting the secondary. I guess they don't listen to the game on the sideline.

Not to mention the announcers constantly telling everyone how the Bengals secondary was weak. How the starters were out. How the Gmen should be exploiting the secondary. I guess they don't listen to the game on the sideline.

If they did listen Eli would have started thinking he was Peyton

I guess they don't watch any tape on their opponents either.

You have Gumble and Dierdorf (I think it was Dan Dierdorf). They were aweful, would have loved Phil to call that game.

Wow, since when did Nemesis replace all the SW posters with Chicken-Littles?

Gilbride did just fine. We won the game.

If anything, I would have been ready to hang Coughlin and whoever was in the booth who decided it wasn't worth reviewing the Plaxico Burress TOUCHDOWN!

They were making attempts down the field previously. Burress just dropped them.

If anything, I would have been ready to hang Coughlin and whoever was in the booth who decided it wasn't worth reviewing the Plaxico Burress TOUCHDOWN!

Yes we won, but the point is that you attack your opponent's weakness. We did no such thing today.

Yes we won, but the point is that you attack your opponent's weakness. We did no such thing today.

How do you figure?

Our defense played lax/swiss cheese today. 5 sacks, yes. Other times Palmer had all day.

Find the real gripes.

They were making attempts down the field previously. Burress just dropped them.

We barely beat an inferior team in OT. Hardly a job well done. If we play like that against the like of Pittsburg/Dallas/Philly. We'll get smoked. The play calling was as bad as I have ever seen. I'm happy we won, I believe games like this bring the team back down to earth and help in the long run, but there really is no reason this game should have been that close.

And our performance was a direct result of playcalling (both offensive and defensive, because Spags acted like he was scared of TJ and Johnson, playing off the line of scrimage that far).

We barely beat an inferior team in OT. Hardly a job well done. If we play like that against the like of Pittsburg/Dallas/Philly. We'll get smoked. The play calling was as bad as I have ever seen. I'm happy we won, I believe games like this bring the team back down to earth and help in the long run, but there really is no reason this game should have been that close.

And our performance was a direct result of playcalling (both offensive and defensive, because Spags acted like he was scared of TJ and Johnson, playing off the line of scrimage that far).

It's the NFL, an 'inferior' team can beat any other team any given Sunday. The Bengals didn't play inferior. It was a tough played game.

We also played pretty well. We didn't make any glaring mistakes other than our Safeties blow and that unfortunately, our pass rush can't get there every time and when that happens it really shows because we get torched.

What we did on offense worked, regardless if it would have worked had we just thrown the ball down the field all day.

It's the NFL, an 'inferior' team can beat any other team any given Sunday. The Bengals didn't play inferior. It was a tough played game.

We also played pretty well. We didn't make any glaring mistakes other than our Safeties blow and that unfortunately, our pass rush can't get there every time and when that happens it really shows because we get torched.

What we did on offense worked, regardless if it would have worked had we just thrown the ball down the field all day.

No one said we need to throw it down field "all day"

In fact, forget it, I'm not helping you play Devil's Advocate.

No one said we need to throw it down field "all day"

In fact, forget it, I'm not helping you play Devil's Advocate.

Dude, we're 3-0, you guys are ridiculous for even suggesting we need to 'fix' our playcalling.

Sorry, I forgot I can't give counter arguments without someone's feelings getting hurt.

BTW, Eli attempted 40+ passes.

Dude, we're 3-0, you guys are ridiculous for even suggesting we need to 'fix' our playcalling.

Sorry, I forgot I can't give counter arguments without someone's feelings getting hurt.

Um, my feelings aren't hurt, I'm just too tired to argue with someone because he wants to be dissagreeable.

We're 3-0, and we beat 2 shitty teams.

We didn't run the ball at all the first series of OT (and we punted).

We tried a sweep basically on the goalline with out pound it out running back.

We threw the ball 43 times in a game that was never seperated by more than 3 points.

Um, my feelings aren't hurt, I'm just too tired to argue with someone because he wants to be dissagreeable.

We're 3-0, and we beat 2 shitty teams.

We didn't run the ball at all the first series of OT (and we punted).

We tried a sweep basically on the goalline with out pound it out running back.

We threw the ball 43 times in a game that was never seperated by more than 3 points.

Disagreeable, because you're wrong.

The biggest mistake made in this game was not challenging Plaxico's touchdown.

Other than that, both teams played exceptionally well and it was a very exciting game. Unfortunately, we can't score touchdowns every possession like we're playing the Rams every week. Hell, even a few times in the red zone we might have to settle for a measley field goal. But the fact that we rack up yards and points (26 points is pretty good) and get into positions to score points, counters your grumbles handedly.

BTW, Eli attempted 40+ passes.

By "taking some deep shots" nobody meant chuck it down the field all day, it means loosen up the defense by throwing it down the field once or twice. I don't see where wanting to see a few deep passes means wanting to see an airial display.

How do you figure?

Our defense played lax/swiss cheese today. 5 sacks, yes. Other times Palmer had all day.

Find the real gripes.

Blitzing during obvious max protection and backing off when there was none.

Bengals Secondary was banged up. How many times did we exploit that? How many times did we even try?

Bradshaw? I saw him in on one drive.

Teams are supposed to create ways of getting the ball to their playmakers. I didn't see that until WAAAYYYY too late today. There's no way that this game should've gone to OT. We took advantage of nothing for most of the game. You see Leon Hall basically being the shadow of whoever he's covering, then make him pay for it. Slant n Go, maybe? I seem to remember that working in some really big game for us last February when another secondary had Plax held down all game. Is Dockery blowing coverage all day the fault of the coaching staff? Not at all, but blitzing both safeties and leaving him on a island while he's getting torched is. Everyone loves Spags but he has to know his limits. There's a thin line between brilliance and stupidity. Leaving Dockery by himself today was the latter. Two things about Coughlin. He should've challenged the Plax TD. Also he should've been in some zebra's face about the obvious non calls. Helmet to Helmet on our franchise QB? Blatant Defensive Holding in front of the entire world? Wow. I guess these aren't penalties anymore. The team played like crap today. There's no question about that. However, a lot of the blame has to be put on the coaching staff for the effort in this game... even though it ended in a win.

Blitzing during obvious max protection and backing off when there was none.

Bengals Secondary was banged up. How many times did we exploit that? How many times did we even try?

Bradshaw? I saw him in on one drive.

Teams are supposed to create ways of getting the ball to their playmakers. I didn't see that until WAAAYYYY too late today. There's no way that this game should've gone to OT. We took advantage of nothing for most of the game. You see Leon Hall basically being the shadow of whoever he's covering, then make him pay for it. Slant n Go, maybe? I seem to remember that working in some really big game for us last February when another secondary was Plax held down all game. Is Dockery blowing coverage all day the fault of the coaching staff? Not at all, but blitzing both safeties and leaving him on a island while he's getting torched is. Everyone loves Spags but he has to know his limits. There's a thin line between brilliance and stupidity. Leaving Dockery by himself today was the latter. Two things about Coughlin. He should've challenged the Plax TD. Also he should've been in some zebra's face about the obvious non calls. Helmet to Helmet on our franchise QB? Blatant Defensive Holding in front of the entire world? Wow. I guess these aren't penalties anymore. The team played like crap today. There's no question about that. However, a lot of the blame has to be put on the coaching staff for the effort in this game... even though it ended in a win.

*Defense is Spagnuolo, not Gilbride. I'm only defending our offense...

We tried a bunch of times in a row late in the game. And the times we tried earlier in the game, the passes were dropped.

Derrick Ward was dominating.