SportsWrath

Teams CAN'T run on us...

BurnThePhilFans

I've been looking at some of the redskins boards and they are under the impression that Portis is going to have a huge game. Let me tell you, the Giants pass rush is great thats a give but honestly we rarely let people run on us in games. The Giants rarely give up 100 yard games to backs and I just found it odd how the rest of the league hasn't noticed this. Do the redskins really think Portis will rip off 120 vs us???? I don't see him topping 80 to tell you the truth.

Well, it will be interesting to see how we fare w/o Strahan, who was a GREAT Run stopper. I believe we will be fine, but with him AND Osi out, could be a different outcome.

that's right- sweeps and screens are a concern. strahan could always sniff a screen.

I've been looking at some of the redskins boards and they are under the impression that Portis is going to have a huge game. Let me tell you, the Giants pass rush is great thats a give but honestly we rarely let people run on us in games. The Giants rarely give up 100 yard games to backs and I just found it odd how the rest of the league hasn't noticed this. Do the redskins really think Portis will rip off 120 vs us???? I don't see him topping 80 to tell you the truth.

There's only one way to find out :rolleyes:

At this point I think Tuck is better than Stray, even against the run. I also think Kiwi can (and hopefully will) be as effective as Osi at end. Even if not, he will be better than average.

I always say you don't build greatness overnight. Strahan is irreplaceable. Don't take me wrong, I think Tuck and Kiwi will do just fine but neither of them has been tested to play full time.. they were always fresh coming off the bench and what not. Besides years of being on the field gives a player valuable experience.

Dude Tuck had 63 tackles last year. The guy is a monster, against the pass or the rush. With more time, Mike had less tackles. Not that Mike didnt have a great year though.

I'll wait to see when he has a starting job. Really he was coming in fresh off the bench also not commanding alot of attention from the O-line.

Not saying he wont do well, but lets wait and see before we start claiming he is better then Strah.

Well, the thing is we're starting 2 brand new line backers, 2 brand new de's. Strahan, more than his physical ability was smart enough to read run. Tuck is a monster, Kiwi is a monster, but they havn't played enough to really have the instincts of Strahan and Osi. If anything, I think it will be our run defense that hurts most of all this year. Tuck and Kiwi are excellent pass rushers. We just have a lot of new players that don't have the experience.

I going to agree with JayD on this. If I remember right, Stra was just barely average against the run until he lost the excess blubber.

you do not remember correctly, old friend. many would say strahan was the best all time Defensive End against the run.

Well, I don't know about that. I remember another 92 being good at pass rushing and run defending.

Oh w/o a doubt, we know you're talking about Shaun Rogers!

(just kidding, its Reggie White your referring to)

Tuck's side shouldn't be a problem. Even though he doesn't have the experience that Strahan had, we do have an experienced LB starting behind him. The side that we should be worrying about is the Kiwi/Wilkinson side.

But even still, we're worrying about Washington? That's an old line, and Zorn and crew isn't quite at the level of Gibbs and staff.